BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, AJW said:

Brighton may take a smallish fee (3-4m)fee but with a massive sell on % 

Don't want any more 40% sell ons thanks. I'd only go for that on a player I didn't think we would actually end up re-selling for much, or if it was shaving a huge amount off the fee. Rather pay 5 mill and drop the sell-on to 15% than pay 4m and 40%.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Crazy isn't it? If you'd have said back in December 2019 that Dack would still be here and wouldn't get in our first XI, wonder how many people would think we'd be in the EPL.

Next in the line of promising Rovers career lost due to injury? Jansen, Thompson, Dahlin, Grella (🤣👀)

And, surely, Corrie Evans?? 😉😅😂

49 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would be tempted to try and get Van Hecke on a season long loan, then put in a cheeky bid for him in the January transfer window.  Brighton will know that it is except our offer, or get nothing for him at the end of the season. Other clubs would not be able to sign him in January as we would still have him signed up till the end of the season.

That's exactly why it would be odd for Brighton to loan him out again. I expect they'll either keep him around, giving him a new deal if they're impressed, give him a new deal now then loan him out, or sell him.

29 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

To get van hecke on a permanent, we'd have to make him the highest paid player. Club captain. Play in orange. Be in the premier league. 

Really? Yeah he was great here but has he really made an impact on the thinking of other currently more successful clubs?

Hasn’t at Brighton…
One year left…
Not a huge salary… 

Loves it here…

I’m setting myself up for disappointment I know, but I don’t think we should think of him as unobtainable. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AJW said:

Brighton may take a smallish fee (3-4m)fee but with a massive sell on % 

Get him, then don't sell him on. Then in eight years time, along with Phillips, we have the Dutch and England center-halves playing for the Rovers. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That's exactly why it would be odd for Brighton to loan him out again. I expect they'll either keep him around, giving him a new deal if they're impressed, give him a new deal now then loan him out, or sell him.

Been reading a few articles and Brighton press reckon it was a straight up 3 year deal and he is out of contract next season 

I'd put money on him leaving if he isn't going to get an opportunity this season.If Potter doesn't fancy him now just don't think it's plausible that he signs a new contract,everything Van Hecke has said in the articles iv read suggests first team football is his primary aim and money is secondary. 

Van Hecke also said he felt like a Blackburn rovers player.

I don't see a premier league team buying him,iv no doubt other championship clubs would be interested but the time he spent here last season could give us the edge. 

Biggest competition for his signature could come from Germany or Holland.

I'm more than likely just dreaming but would be made up if we got him on a permanent deal.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Really? Yeah he was great here but has he really made an impact on the thinking of other currently more successful clubs?

Hasn’t at Brighton…
One year left…
Not a huge salary… 

Loves it here…

I’m setting myself up for disappointment I know, but I don’t think we should think of him as unobtainable. 

Unfortunately any player who has done well here on loan, always either get into the first team of their parent club or get a move elsewhere. Hopefully with a bit of stability behind the scenes and a decent season under the new management may change this. It'd be incredible if we got him back on loan and even more so on a permanent. He doesn't strike me as the type of player who'd be happy sitting on the bench at Brighton. If he is available I'd love him back, my post was just me being sarcastic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He certainly played like a “ Blackburn Rovers player “ He always gave 100% unlike some loan players we’ve had.

There was genuine joy in the lad when results went our way, and no-one could question his commitment, passion and positive attitude. Getting JPVH back would certainly bring a smile to my worn out chops, and signal our intent for the season - remember we have the auld enemy to deal with this season, and we want players who will give their all for the Rovers' cause. 

I won't hold my breath, but would be delighted if....

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Amazing they were able to loan him out to Genoa and get £35m for him after only 8 goals.

west ham love a bit of " stupid amounts of money for an unproven player" remember that haller bloke a few years ago,absolute rubbish then sold on for half the fee they bought him for🥴

33 minutes ago, neophox said:

Thats horrendous....saw this guy and his nowhere near Brereton...

This fella is a number 9 isnt he?

I read an article the other day and It was suggesting that it would be Brererton or McNeil they sign to play left of the 3 behind.The article suggested that West ham preferred Brererton.

West ham are going to spend a bit before deadline I wouldn't say because they are signing the Italian that they won't be going for another attacking option 

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

west ham love a bit of " stupid amounts of money for an unproven player" remember that haller bloke a few years ago,absolute rubbish then sold on for half the fee they bought him for🥴

Yeah then he smashed it for Ajax and Dortmund spent big money to bring him to Germany, not long after he was diagnosed with cancer.Good player just didn't work out for him over here.

The Italians rave about this guy ,not seen him myself but supposed to be a  bit special and has been likened in style to Zlatan 

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

16 goals in a season in Serie A is "nowhere near Brereton?"

Im amazed...seen him a couple of times and he's been scoring some goals but been generally poor.....never pay £35m for him...he will flop at West Ham big time....

• Like 1