BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, Galz said:

Again I ain’t seen enough of him. Don’t think he touched the ball at Celtic.  You might be right guys. I stand to be corrected if this is the case

He has definitely got quick feet and pace. I see him as quite similar to Khadra. Maybe similarly flattering to deceive. Hope he will have more end product. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Dolan and Vale have pace ?

Vale is pretty quick. Not electric like Armstrong, but faster than most centre halfs. He's a well rounded Striker with good balance, awareness and skill. I've liked him for years. 

His downfall has been that he is not natural confident, and his form has suffered in spells. However reported to have matured a lot from his Last loan spell. Came back in January as a new man and his Great form for U23 has translated into pre season. 

• Like 2

Markanday is definitely Armstrong quick. Vale is quick. Gallagher isn’t quick but covers ground quickly… if that makes sense. After that, it’s limited… we need another as quick as Markanday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Don't forget... Some Barnsley fans felt they were right to sell Brittain to us. It's early doors, but Brittain had a great impact on our game today. We might have bagged ourselves a bargain in these pressing (pun!) times.

Of course, there are many factors to consider. When you dig deeper, it's more to do with the potential money and the fact that they feel that he perhaps doesn't suit a move to 433 especially with some exciting youngsters coming through.

I just think that for 7 figures, a player who has really struggled at Championship level on 2 different occasions would be not the best way to spend the money. He didn't have a guaranteed starting spot all season last season which backs up doubts about him at Championship level.

I found it interesting that they described him so commonly as inconsistent, his goal record specifically at League 1 level is very good for an attacking midfielder. He got 15 goals the season before last and 6 last season, including 7 braces. Not that it specifically matters but it could be that there are more games in which he was anonymous compared to when you look at his goal tally alone.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

Markanday is definitely Armstrong quick. Vale is quick. Gallagher isn’t quick but covers ground quickly… if that makes sense. After that, it’s limited… we need another as quick as Markanday. 

Agreed. If a team set up to stifle us then we have the early ball in behind option. 

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dolan is deceptively slow for all of his energy and enthusiasm. This needs to be the season for him to really come to the boil, his contributions are too fleeting in terms of his end product, hopefully he can push on.

Absolutely. There is a difference between running at a full back with trickery and pushing it past them and ruining them with pure pace. 

I’m happy to trust the process at this point and I understand things take time but for all the talk it doesn’t seem like we are close to anything and unfortunately at this point our squad is well short. If our only signing is brittain before next Saturday we are behind the game in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I’m happy to trust the process at this point and I understand things take time but for all the talk it doesn’t seem like we are close to anything and unfortunately at this point our squad is well short. If our only signing is brittain before next Saturday we are behind the game in my opinion 

Not that it makes it any better but an awful lot of Championship teams are in the same boat. 

QPR next week have they done much?Think 2 signings they have made and one was signed only yesterday, they have lost players aswell.

Boro...do they have a striker/goalscorer?They brought Balagoun and Connolly in on loan in January,the 2 weren't a success but Boro are very short in attacking areas.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Anybody know much about Jay Stansfield? A name mentioned regarding a possible loan. Can't say he is one I've heard of, but name cropped up earlier in a chat I was having

Never heard of him but he makes me feel old, son of the tragically departed Exeter legend Adam Stansfield 

Seem’s have have bagged a shed load in the youth teams and a belter in the Carabao Cup

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Anybody know much about Jay Stansfield? A name mentioned regarding a possible loan. Can't say he is one I've heard of, but name cropped up earlier in a chat I was having

As one for the first team Glen?Or similar situation as Walker and Dolan? 

Sorry just seen you said loan 

Edited by islander200

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Never heard of him but he makes me feel old, son of the tragically departed Exeter legend Adam Stansfield 

Seem’s have have bagged a shed load in the youth teams and a belter in the Carabao Cup

With Vale, Leanard et al, be a strange one, although he does seem to have represented England.

Its just a name at this point, will see if anything more concrete appears over coming days.

1 hour ago, Galz said:

Dolan has trick but don’t think he has that genuine electric pace. Not seen enough of Vale but seemed a bit similar to Gally pace wise at Celtic. Might be wrong but time will tell. I don’t believe we have that electric pace in the first team squad at the moment. 

This conversation about pace reminds me of Tommy Doc. He said to Leighton James, you're very deceptive Leighton, you're slower than you look. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

My flat mate is a Fulham fan and he absolutely raves about him. 

Personally I have no interested in a loan move - would only block Vale.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

Indeed. I used to watch Adam at Yeovil Town - beyond sad. Can only hope the young man does his dad very proud throughout his career.

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ye but people hold on...he might be great

Brilliant 😂😂 Glen perhaps we could get Lisa to come along & improve the half-time entertainment she has after been around the world 😅😅😅😅😅

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No chance. Even if a team doesn't come up with a serious offer in this window, he would be best advised to let his contract run down as he would have lots of suitors on a free plus a sizeable sign on fee to boot.

Well if that's your opinion fine but I think there is a chance that he might sign a new contract here given the lack of suitors he has and who are making a bid for him

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Szmodics scored 2 today in a friendly v Hull. Not that he would be a player that would be close to top of my list. Bowler would be a real feather in our cap but even if he is realistic, one issue is that we could do with a player capable of playing from the left and/or centre rather than a left footer from the right.

Don't know much about Szmodics. Bowler would be good signing

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Its seems that Rovers do have money to spend in the Window unlike what you were saying we would have.