BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Besikas may want Styles and may have the attraction of European competition and a warm climate, but don’t underestimate the power of the “missus”. If she prefers to stay close to her family from Manchester and be paid a lot more, it could be her that calls the shots! I believe  Rothwell’s wife played a huge part in his decision to leave Rovers. So there may still be hope. 

14 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Besikas may want Styles and may have the attraction of European competition and a warm climate, but don’t underestimate the power of the “missus”. If she prefers to stay close to her family from Manchester and be paid a lot more, it could be her that calls the shots! I believe  Rothwell’s wife played a huge part in his decision to leave Rovers. So there may still be hope. 

I think Mrs Rothwell moved to coast in January 

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if that's your opinion fine but I think there is a chance that he might sign a new contract here given the lack of suitors he has and who are making a bid for him

Don't know much about Szmodics. Bowler would be good signing

Its seems that Rovers do have money to spend in the Window unlike what you were saying we would have. 

You dont know that he has a "lack of suitors." Even if we have had no firm bids, teams will know with a year on his deal, we are in a weak negotiating position that gets weeker as we move closer to the deadline. But even if we dont strike an agreement with anyone, as a free agent he will have lots of interest.

I dont see Bowler happening anyway. But no concerns that Bowler is a player who plays in a position where we have 2 options already? 

23 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

If styles played for Barnsley today then we’re in it as much as they are…Hopefully we can put a good offer in…watching todays game with Pickering, I’m sure JDT will be keen for a replacement.

• Like 2

Pickering is a frustrating signing. 

On paper you could see the logic.  Captained Crewe, supposedly decent set pieces. Weighed in with the odd goal as well. 

Yet the more he plays, the more exposed he looks.  If you've no pace, you need to contribute elsewhere (set pieces, goals/assists) - like Mulgrew.  He was slow and susceptible defensively but could pick a pass, decent captain and excellent set pieces.

Currently he offers next to nothing going forward.  Is likely to get skinned every time by any averagely paced winger and the set pieces are poor.  Doesn't strike me as a leader either.

Not sure if it's a confidence thing or if he's simply not up to it. 

Desperately need a more effective left back/wing back if this JDT system is to work.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You dont know that he has a "lack of suitors." Even if we have had no firm bids, teams will know with a year on his deal, we are in a weak negotiating position that gets weeker as we move closer to the deadline. But even if we dont strike an agreement with anyone, as a free agent he will have lots of interest.

I dont see Bowler happening anyway. But no concerns that Bowler is a player who plays in a position where we have 2 options already? 

Who are the two options in his position?

Hedges should be a backup - I've yet to see any end product from him (although I do like the general look of him). Who's the other one, Dolan? He's better than both, regardless. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Pickering is a frustrating signing. 

On paper you could see the logic.  Captained Crewe, supposedly decent set pieces. Weighed in with the odd goal as well. 

Yet the more he plays, the more exposed he looks.  If you've no pace, you need to contribute elsewhere (set pieces, goals/assists) - like Mulgrew.  He was slow and susceptible defensively but could pick a pass, decent captain and excellent set pieces.

Currently he offers next to nothing going forward.  Is likely to get skinned every time by any averagely paced winger and the set pieces are poor.  Doesn't strike me as a leader either.

Not sure if it's a confidence thing or if he's simply not up to it. 

Desperately need a more effective left back/wing back if this JDT system is to work.

Didn't he put in a cracking ball that Brereton couldn't turn into the back of the net (an absolute sitter) today?

But yes, he's just too slow to play LB in this system. He'll get exposed every week. 

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Cant see the logic in that Stansfield guy....probably he's on par with Vale so its a no go...

Him being a young player with minimal appearances doesn't mean he's on a par with Vale.

• Like 3

IMO Pickering he was very good first half of last season before he got injured. He was a  key part of our run up to 2nd, and when he got injured at start of Jan it coincided with our collapse of form. Since he came back he's been poor.

I'm hoping his struggles are temporary as he gets back to fitness and finds a bit of pace.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, unleaded said:

Funny thing Glen is that Nixon knows that Waggot doesn’t like it him getting the names and is trying to stop that !! Lol 😂   Good luck to that many have tried before him & failed ….

I'd rather not know, as frustrating as it is and be pleasantly surprised than hear it early from that spin doctor and it fall through. The guy has done as much harm as good with Rovers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Apparently also have very little money. To spend 

They just sold a left back/LWB(not sure what system they play) to Rangers for £5 million.

Probably being linked to them over here due to his links with Ismael.

If it gets done be the signing I'd be most pleased about even if Bowler followed him through the door 

According to this they have already made a move for his replacement 

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2022/07/23/besiktas-confirm-sale-of-ridvan-yilmaz-to-rangers-via-stock-exchange/

Edited by islander200

24 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

IMO Pickering he was very good first half of last season before he got injured. He was a  key part of our run up to 2nd, and when he got injured at start of Jan it coincided with our collapse of form. Since he came back he's been poor.

I'm hoping his struggles are temporary as he gets back to fitness and finds a bit of pace.

I agree. Thought he was decent until his injury. Struggled when he came back after injury

14 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why would Besiktas go for an English league one player?

Ismael managed him,he is an international for Hungary playing in their recent win v England and his quality is above league one level.

Hopefully just paper talk that they are in for him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

My flat mate is a Fulham fan and he absolutely raves about him. 

Personally I have no interested in a loan move - would only block Vale.

By the looks of it he's played 96 total minutes for Fulham, so I assume your flatmate goes to a lot of Academy games?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jay-stansfield/profil/spieler/696346

• Like 1