BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't know. We'd have had a better chance if we'd signed more players earlier though.

Iv never disputed that it would be better to have more signings by now but IF we end up with a few Quality signings by the end of the window then I wont be critical.

I think it was a farce how long the process took for the DOF and Management team to be put in place and I think it's legitimate to criticize the owners and board for that but will hold off on any toward Broughton and JDT as they needed some time to assess etc 

Anyway fingers crossed we can get the 3 points on Saturday and things will start moving on incomings.

No chance we'll get Bowler I'm afraid. Not seen a single genuine bit of reporting to tell us that we're interested. Elliott Jackson is not a source either before anyone posts that 25 word article 🤣

I am terrified we are going in to the new season with one signing! With Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe all gone we are very light not only in numbers but quality too.

This team capitulated last season and it was because we didn’t strengthen in January. We are now amazingly weaker.

I thought the appointment of GB would improve our poor transfer record……Seems to have got worse! 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I am terrified we are going in to the new season with one signing! With Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe all gone we are very light not only in numbers but quality too.

This team capitulated last season and it was because we didn’t strengthen in January. We are now amazingly weaker.

I thought the appointment of GB would improve our poor transfer record……Seems to have got worse! 😂

...and JVPH

23 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I may be doing him a disservice, but not many followers. Would be highly surprised if it were true.

claims he's an agent...looks a bit sketchy...he retweeted the Lancs Live article on this story last week

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

24 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

No chance we'll get Bowler I'm afraid. Not seen a single genuine bit of reporting to tell us that we're interested. Elliott Jackson is not a source either before anyone posts that 25 word article 🤣

Interested to know why you think no chance of Bowler ending up here(if we are actually interested)

Seems we have some cash and I don't see a premier league team coming in for him.Be within our wage budget.Forest and Bournemouth interested last season but look to have moved on.

Don't see Bowler being a Blackpool player by the end of the window so if not us where is he going 

Only at Venky Rovers could you go from being 2nd in January/February and in with a chance of promotion, and then in the following 5 months not even finish in the top 6, lose most of the players that were central to us getting into that position, sign 1 RB all summer long and now the discussion is about 'transition' or in old fashioned speak a season of struggle / mediocrity and forget about promotion before we've even started.

Deliberate sabotage couldn't have turned things around so quickly as this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Interested to know why you think no chance of Bowler ending up here(if we are actually interested)

Seems we have some cash and I don't see a premier league team coming in for him.Be within our wage budget.Forest and Bournemouth interested last season but look to have moved on.

Don't see Bowler being a Blackpool player by the end of the window so if not us where is he going 

A Blackpool fan I work with reckoned he seemed up it in their friendly the other day, thought it was a sign he wanted to stay. 

or maybe he was putting himself in the shop window.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

A Blackpool fan I work with reckoned he seemed up it in their friendly the other day, thought it was a sign he wanted to stay. 

or maybe he was putting himself in the shop window.

Only a year a left on his deal you would expect Blackpool will want to cash in 

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Makes too much sense financially and football wise for it to happen 🤣

I'm unable to get even remotely excited about these "links" to Josh Bowler. Would have him here in a heartbeat don't get me wrong, just can't see it happening.

I doubt we'll sign anyone even in the next week or so really... Though I like to believe that, when the signings do eventually come they will be worth the wait, and we'll all be pretty chuffed come September.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

It felt this grim last year, registration embargo and top scorer most likely leaving.

Season before it was “shit or bust”

You know as well as I do, that results matter more than any of this, however I don’t know where “transition” suggests mediocracy.

Also, we haven’t lost most. Some perhaps, but not most. Semantics mean a lot - also for the same token, those players we lost take some responsibility for our poor form since Christmas.

As mentioned repeatedly- the last time we’d signed 4+ players before kick off was under Coyle.

Lets see how we get on Saturday before bringing the “deliberate negligence” back into debate…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Only at Venky Rovers could you go from being 2nd in January/February and in with a chance of promotion, and then in the following 5 months not even finish in the top 6, lose most of the players that were central to us getting into that position, sign 1 RB all summer long and now the discussion is about 'transition' or in old fashioned speak a season of struggle / mediocrity and forget about promotion before we've even started.

Managed decline is the expertise at Ewood, whether intended or not it's something the directors and ownership are very good at.

• Like 3