BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Do you not think you want to be in the "right camp " aswell? 

Not looking for an argument but you keep saying this and putting "Buckley fans" all in the same group.

Not seen it this season but multiple times last season when a match was going on the very minute Buckley missed a chance or misplaced a pass you would be on here calling him out for it and more or less saying "told you so" to all us "Buckley Fans"

Surely I'd take the easy option and agree as it would be alot easier no? You realise I would "call him out" because I'd listen to "player well today" or "credit to bucko today" when he did nothing or very little. Seemed alot of people just wanted to keep highlighting anything. Had my fill of it so yeah I was all over it. I can admit that. Equally, that goal at Birmingham last day of the season was a peach. I do have the ability to praise the lad.

• Like 1

Berkovic definitely was yeah, but I would have him down as someone who operates in behind the strikers rather than a Tugay/Cowans who sat deep and dictated play from there.

Think we'll really see the best of Buckley playing deeper this season. 

24 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Been away from this thread for a while… some crazy stuff about Buckley!

Last season he went from “boy to man” and is now an absolutely integral part of the team. He will run plenty of games this season and will improve exponentially with age and experience.

The two outstanding ball playing midfielders I’ve seen at Rovers are Tugay and Cowans, but by the time we had both of them they were towards the back end of their careers. They relied on their brains a lot more than their legs and as such their superb passing ranges were more pronounced. I’m not making premature comparisons here, but it’s been a really common complaint for fans for YEARS that we’ve lacked a decent ball player in the midfield. “Not since Tugay” still gets trotted out.

I’m cynical about a lot of things Rovers, but bringing through a midfielder like Buckley certainly isn’t one of them. And we’ve got Adam Wharton coming through too, who by all accounts is a similar type of player. I’ve actually seen more personally of Harlock than Wharton, and he excites me too.

I am pretty astounded that some people don't see what a cracker Buckley is. I was called out last year by one poster, when I suggested he will go for very big money in the future.

Hopefully we keep him for a while, but he will play at the top level, I am convinced of that.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

I am pretty astounded that some people don't see what a cracker Buckley is. I was called out last year by one poster, when I suggested he will go for very big money in the future.

Hopefully we keep him for a while, but he will play at the top level, I am convinced of that.

Not at this club if Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe are anything to go by.

• Like 2

Just now, bazza said:

Not at this club if Lenihan, Rothwell and Nyambe are anything to go by.

I think we have him tied to a decent contract. If he shines this year, his stock will have sufficiently risen. I take your point though and hope lessons have been learned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

Ok genuinely what's very big money and what time scale you putting on it?

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Jason Lowe had a lot of supporters for years! 😣 Probably still be here if his contract didn't expire... 😅

I can't find it using the search so I don't know who said it,  but I remember when he was here and getting called out for being poor from some of us, one poster said so many managers can't be wrong and that Lowe would be playing in the Premier League long before Rovers will be. 🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

I can't find it using the search so I don't know who said it,  but I remember when he was here and getting called out for being poor from some of us, one poster said so many managers can't be wrong and that Lowe would be playing in the Premier League long before Rovers will be. 🤣

Jason Lowe and John Buckley are poles apart. The reference about made by Miller 11 to the ex- Rovers players, is pretty accurate IMO.

No credibility behind this whatsoever, but it is a transfer thread, so thought I'd share!

Someone on twitter saying they saw Van Hecke and another man heading North up the M6 last night.

I don't believe it, but to his credit, he did say that it was a left hand drive black Audi Q7, which I did see him drive quite a lot last season.

Edited by Mellor Rover

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

No credibility behind this whatsoever, but it is a transfer thread, so thought I'd share!

Someone on twitter saying they saw Van Hecke and another man heading North up the M6 last night.

I don't believe it, but to his credit, he did say that it was a left hand drive, black Audi Q7, which I did see him drive quite a lot last season.

If he turns up at fucking Turf Moor, I will lose it.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Neal said:

Aye, that's the Jason Lowe I remember! No idea where he plucked this one from:

Go to just after 1 minute. It even won our Goal of the Season award. It was the only goal he ever scored for us.

Edited by bluebruce

21 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I remember seeing that sentiment several times from his defenders. Proof once and for all that the 'football professionals always know best' argument is complete and utter bollocks. Even Allardyce played him consistently. Yet by his prime years he was piddling about in League Two if I recall. Sometimes the fans can see what managers miss (and yes, sometimes it's the other way around).

Edited by bluebruce

4 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

If he turns up at fucking Turf Moor, I will lose it.

Well there is a second witness who claimed he saw the same vehicle turn off the 65 at Burnley... but I can't make my mind up if he's on the wind up.

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Buckley in the same sentence as.

Tugay.

Pub level in comparison but I agree our best "footballer" with "footballer's" brain.

Can only blame Venkys for how we went from there to here and why many of our remaining fans lap it up as our level.

People saying Rothwell was great. 3 goals in his best season. He was an awful player.

Defenders had better be coming soon.

If Ayala (our best player) gets injured at weekend we will be in big trouble.

And if Ayala doesn't get injured at the week-end, then we won't be in big trouble.