BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That is very good budget  considering we don't have parachute payments. If we spent lets see 4 million for argument sake that 6 million left for 4 to 5 more signings. Maybe more if BBD leaves which imo seems in the balance. 

I hope we can get Van Hecke in but maybe we should look at his team mate Matt Clarke if he available and fits within the budget here given his good loan spells at WBA and Derby plus he adds balance to the team being a left foot. 

Lets hope we can make the quality signings we want. 

That is very correct and accurate. 

The owners don't spend the budget or sign the players, that down to Mowbray and his recruitment team in previous season. Now we have new management team with GB, JDT and the new recruitment team in place to spend the budget given/set by them. 

I know, my point was that I will judge the actual amount spent based on what is actually spent, not what is rumoured to have gone unspent. I think that is a fair policy.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well Delap has now pitched up at Stoke on loan so presumably despite the fact many people scoffed at  tha possibility at the time, that option would have been there for Mowbray in January had he wanted it.

The one part that I agreed with was that Mowbray did turn down young loanee strikers. He said as such in the press. The rest is rumour and conjecture.

Delap may or may not have been one of those options, last summer Guardiola publically said that he wanted to keep him around the City squad, this summer clearly he was available, January I am unsure about.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He doesn't seem to know much to be honest, he said about Brereton the other day:

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I know this Chaddy, and like I said, I hope you are right and he is an upgrade. I’m waiting a while before I make a judgement though. A lot of people should be reassessing their early ravings on Pickering last season, and Van Hecke really proved me very wrong as I thought he was rubbish based off his early appearances.

I think we will have more idea 10-15 games into the season and I’ll have an informed opinion then. I think it’s wise to hold off on judgements til then, just as you advocated with Szmodics the other day. I obviously think more of Nyambe’s contributions than you do too - he didn’t turn in many performances as poor as Brittain did against Reading. He was excellent for us in my opinion, so Brittain will be held to a higher standard in my eyes then yours when comparing the two.

I am confident on Brittain cos the number of games I've seen him play before joining here. 

I have very rarely seen Szmodics play anymore than goal highlights to be fair. 

We clearly have very different opinions on Nyambe and his ability which is what makes this Rovers fans site good cos of a range of different opinions on here. 

I thought everyone at Reading was poor and no got more than 4 or 5 for me. Its was learning curve for the players but also for JDT. I expect a reaction on Saturday from these players

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know, my point was that I will judge the actual amount spent based on what is actually spent, not what is rumoured to have gone unspent. I think that is a fair policy.

Well if a manager won't spend like Mowbray didn't last January then he deserved to be judge on this but I think its time to move on from Mowbray time here and focus on the incomings and outgoings we need this summer. I think we need probably 4 in depending on outgoings of key players. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He doesn't seem to know much to be honest, he said about Brereton the other day:

He will know plenty about Everton transfer business. 

3 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I expect £10 mill to be spent (heard this is the healthy budget), which will include loan fees. If BBD is sold I suspect that half of that will also be reinvested.

The stumbling block is and will remain the wage budget, under no circumstances will the wage budget be increased. This certainly makes the pool smaller, given kids in the prem are on £20k plus PW.

Which has us shopping championship, League 1, Europe or Prem loans.

I believe the budget last season was the same budget, but we failed to spend it, with again wage demands either thwarting us, players chosing to go elsewhere, or in other cases targets not being deemed an improvement on what we had.

With what we've brought in so far including Morton loan, we've probably already spent £3-£4 million. Regardless how the payment arrangements have been agreed, this will not be deferred from this seasons budget.

In other words if we have agreed installments, thats just the payment mechanism and the budget has been decreased by the final figure on these deals 

If we've already spent 3-4 million of our budget and just have 2 league 1 players and a loan -then that's poor recruitment. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mike E said:

This will sound utterly stupid but MIGHT just be right...

Sunderland can offer him cheap ferries to Amsterdam 🫣🫣🫣

It’s a fair point but surly it’s easier and quicker jump on a plane from Manchester or Liverpool 

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well Delap has now pitched up at Stoke on loan so presumably despite the fact many people scoffed at  tha possibility at the time, that option would have been there for Mowbray in January had he wanted it.

Well firstly he missed pre-season with injury was out 4 month from September untill January. Was stepping up his recovery in February with U23 games. I'm very doubtful that City considered loaning him out at the time before him regaining his fitness.

The fact that he wasn't loaned to other clubs also suggest the story is a bit doubtful. Even if he was, you understand some reservation about a player who had been injured for the best part of 6 months and without match fitness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I agree with you, but in the last few months we've signed Sammie, Hedges and Markanday on top of BBD, Dack, Dolan and Gally already here. So if we're signing a forward at least one is going imo.

The problem is - at this current time - neither Markanday, Hedges Szmodic or Dolan are much of a goal threat 

1 hour ago, phili said:

Venky's want Premier League football. Several Indian consortiums have looked at clubs in the past year including Chelsea and Leeds. The amount of abuse, mocking etc if that happens in Indian media for them will be huge. Only way to stop that is if we go up or look like we will.

Also in the past 2 seasons we've spent close to £10m on loans so not a trivial amount as you seem to think.

They've shown no signs of wanting Premier League football in 10 years, in my opinion. However, this sounds like the good old 'face' angle might finally be coming into play.

If the prospect of an Indian consortium or owner turning up in the Premier League is pushing them to get their act together, then I'm all for it. Whatever it takes. They need to do something about that wage budget though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

What happened to the van Hecke going to Holland / Belgium because he’s got a family emergency story?

That’s still the case as far as I know, got told a while ago from someone who works for Brighton, saying because of a serious family issue, he would prefer to go on loan to either Holland or Belgium, unless he was in Brightons first team squad.

Just now, unsall said:

That’s still the case as far as I know, got told a while ago from someone who works for Brighton, saying because of a serious family issue, he would prefer to go on loan to either Holland or Belgium, unless he was in Brightons first team squad.

if that was case we would Rovers still chase him and not move on

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And I said in very open and passion post that I want him in February 2021 after Barnsley away defeat. Anyway that's the past and we moved on now under JDT and it's good start to his time here. Onwards and upwards under JDT

So the people wanted him gone in 2020 were wrong? It was only when you decided he should go, that it was right?

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

They've shown no signs of wanting Premier League football in 10 years, in my opinion. However, this sounds like the good old 'face' angle might finally be coming into play.

If the prospect of an Indian consortium or owner turning up in the Premier League is pushing them to get their act together, then I'm all for it. Whatever it takes. They need to do something about that wage budget though.

Thing is. We must have shaved loads of the wage bill. The squad is chock full of kids.  Surely there must be room to stretch to a couple of 20k plus wages for a couple of quality players. 

The wage budget is a huge concern.  How do we get players to sign new contracts if there is a low ceiling? Nobody of any quality will hang around.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Can we try and limit dismissing viewpoints as ‘moaning’ please? If we don’t like the forum, then why visit? 
Put it like this, I don’t like mushrooms, so I don’t put them in my food. If you don’t like the content on here so much, then maybe don’t log on?

What the fck you got against mushrooms? Veginist!

The obsession there seems to be with putting value into individual players by way of giving them game time will derail us, no doubt about that.

I'm increasingly concerned that there is more interest in putting value into Phillips, Vale, Dolan and co. than there is strengthening the squad and bringing in players who might knock them down the pecking order.

• Like 5

ENGLISH Premier League champions Manchester City have secured the signing of England-born Zimbabwe youngster David Chigwada from Blackburn Rovers.

The 14-year-old who can play as a winger or an attacking midfielder is widely regarded as one of the brightest prospects in England at the moment having already featured for the Three Lions at Under-15 level.