BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

If we currently have a 10 million transfer budget and could get an additional 15 million more for BBD...  I'd rather half of the total go on transfer fees and half raising the salary cap (I'd even just keep the transfer budget at 10 mill and use all the money from bbd to increase the salary budget)

I go quality over quantity everytime! 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

JDT has just said in that interview tonight, the club provides the players . He was probed very well by Bayes and left zero doubt, that he does not get involved in providing targets or negotiating them. Its GB's role, he just picks the team

Just watched that in interview.  I do like the guy.  He's really turned the pressure up on Broughton there though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, slowmo said:

The promised daily communication 🤣🤣

He's only following a long line of previous similar scenarios at Rovers.

Come in out of the blue with limited experience for the job you've been given, say plenty say all the right things. Then just disappear and say nothing, not only that but create the illusion that you shouldn't even dare to be asked wtf you are actually doing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Chaddy also said press should stop asking the head coach or manager awkward questions. Isn't that the media's job?

No the media has understand the new structure and how it works that JDT isn't in charge of transfers under this new club structure which is the right structure for our club

23 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

JDT has just said in that interview tonight, the club provides the players . He was probed very well by Bayes and left zero doubt, that he does not get involved in providing targets or negotiating them. Its GB's role, he just picks the team

Andy Bayes should have ask the question about that answer conflicting his answer when he was unveiled as Rovers head coach to the media. 

It also conflicts what GB has said about JDT role in transfers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

How it works at Brentford too to be fair. 

As a manager/coach you are responsible for results so anyone worth their salt would want a final say over transfer targets and the right to veto any player you didn't consider good enough or who might not fit in. It's like giving a builder a load of shoddy materials or a top-class chef ingredients that aren't up to scratch and expecting them to make a good job of it - they'd point-blank refuse to do it. Tomasson can easily walk away in a few months with Rovers struggling near the bottom and say the players aren't good enough thus absolving himself of any blame! Brilliant for him -no wonder he's looked so happy since he turned up at Ewood. 

• Like 3

Some of us knew there was no money from the start. It was staring at us in the face. Broughton got his job convincing the shadow man that he could deliver better value in the market through his academy connections.

Still run by the same people though. I mean look at these two on Saturday. Running Blackburn Rovers, heaven help us.

Screenshot_20220822-202600_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Some of us knew there was no money from the start. It was staring at us in the face. Broughton got his job convincing the shadow man that he could deliver better value in the market through his academy connections.

Still run by the same people though. I mean look at these two on Saturday. Running Blackburn Rovers, heaven help us.

We have spent money so far - up to a few million, if you believe the reported figures.

And still a week or so until the window closes, during which time, we are expecting several more additions.

Not sure where 'no money' comes into this...?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we spend around 3 million this window on 2 permanent signings and 1 loan deal. Oh yeah no money 😉

Got a twitch today chaddy?

1 minute ago, Andy said:

if you believe the reported figures.

That's the problem. I don't.

Some money spent yes but there aren't many clubs in the world of professional football that don't at least spend something.

It is quite obvious the budget is unsuitable for the numbers and standard we need.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No the media has understand the new structure and how it works that JDT isn't in charge of transfers under this new club structure which is the right structure for our club

That’s another premature statement Chaddy. Everyone hopes the structure is right, but at the moment it looks dysfunctional.

The structure might work if we had decent budgets, a top CEO, an established recruitment team, and a well established strategy built with the managers input.

We appear to have none of that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Screenshot_20220822-202600_Chrome.jpg

I don't even know what the international man of mystery Pasha looks like. Is that him with Waggott?

Im very confident that the signing of a player is a team effort. No DoF buys a player against the coachs wishes. On the other hand the coach doesnt dictate to the DoF who to buy. But ofcourse they use each others strenghts and talk about the targets.

Standard european practice.

Edited by DanielMB
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Is this not directly contrary to what was said when JDT came in?  (I.e. that he had the final say on any incomings)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is this not directly contrary to what was said when JDT came in?  (I.e. that he had the final say on any incomings)

Very much so, seems goalposts have moved.

Still some time left in window, but GB to date seems a downgrade on that Senior, and he was shocking.

Business so far, 2 players from relegated clubs and a loan.

Stinks of the days when we were buying the likes of Ashley Ward.

Trying to stay positive, but even the football has been dross.

Here's hoping for a miracle

• Like 9