BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, Gavrover said:

So just to confirm that neither club have said feck all about a bid and we are all losing our minds because an under used  out of date Scottish journalist who blocks you the minute you question his 'judgement' posted an emoji...

Fabrizio Romano also said it to be fair and he has 10million followers…

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

And what would happen next season when we have no BBD and no money to replace him?

Then we have to use our wits and knowhow and scouting resources and all this supposedly fantastic new fangled scouting software at our disposal to unearth a hidden gem.

We must be the only fan base in the Country who actively clamour for our best player to be sold. It's weird, it's like everyone's own personal money or something.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gavrover said:

He said 'Everton are also working on Ben Brereton Díaz deal - Lampard has to decide if he wants him or not. #EFC'

covering all bases there. Working on? But yet waiting for the manager to decide? 
Mmmmm

i think lampard has trouble deciding if he wants the toilet or not,diaz highly likely to join leeds imo

12 minutes ago, phili said:

I don't think there will be an increase in budget apart from for a special case player even if we sold him.

More to the point, even if some of the BBD money was available for fees we seem to be finding it virtually impossible to bring players in. Probably due to our relatively recently imposed wage structure. That won't change if we sell BBD, it will probably just be one extra position we can't fill.

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Then we have to use our wits and knowhow and scouting resources and all this supposedly fantastic new fangled scouting software at our disposal to unearth a hidden gem.

We must be the only fan base in the Country who actively clamour for our best player to be sold. It's weird, it's like everyone's own personal money or something.

So, why can't we use our wits, knowhow and resources now, with more money, to get a better player than we will end up with for almost no money next year?

It's weird when people act like anyone here thinks it's our own money. Obviously we don't. The club's money affects the level of player we can buy, which affects our success and enjoyment as fans. I'm quite coherently making the argument we would be better off getting the money to spend on a replacement now rather than kicking the can down the road a year to when we won't get money for a replacement. At no point did I say I can't wait to buy myself a mansion with the 15 million, so don't straw-man me please.

26 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Safe to say we can write this week off.

I wouldn't say so, only being Wednesday.

Considering how we managed to keep our other signings under wraps until they were (pretty much) complete, wouldn't surprise me at all to see one or two join this week.

Then a free for all around the transfer window deadline...

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Where have I said that. I would have Sepp Van Den Berg as a loanee center-half. Stop putting your words to other peoples posts.

Then why would you want an unproven , younger centre half to come in on loan. But not a player who has already shown he was our best centre half last year by being player of the year. Who is 100% proven in this division

We would all much rather we signed him permanently, but if that really isn’t possible then why wouldn’t you loan him, especially as you are clearly open to loaning a centre half ?

Edited by Hasta