BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Upgrade?

88DFD62C-D18C-4BE5-96BD-6EC9F1862725.jpeg

Data out of context can be misleading, and a chart like that even moreso, but it suggests he is better at passing and defensive duels, but worse in the air.

Fuck knows what the difference between a 'forward pass' and a 'progressive pass' is meant to be though.

• Like 1

With around 100 hours to go, its shaping up like this,

Brittain, Morton, Szmodics, Sepp, Hyam and Hirst in.

BBD out which will open door to. potentially a couple more coming in.

Players that could be revisited Maja, Styles, Bowler, Van Hecke.

BBD sale likely to generate an additional £5 mill to spend, though with wages issue cap, i still think we will struggle to improve on 4 in, with the 4th a direct BBD replacement, which is likely to come from abroad due to uk transfer fees offering little value.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

BBD sale likely to generate an additional £5 mill to spend, though with wages issue cap, i still think we will struggle to improve on 4 in, with the 4th a direct BBD replacement, which is likely to come from abroad due to uk transfer fees offering little value.

Hirst is coming?

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Hirst is coming?

I believe thats much further down the line than whats being reported, 

As with Hyan , Brittain , Szmodics  club being tight lipped with local media, probably to allow them to switch targets if BBD is sold.

Although we are not reliant on BBD sale, his departure does increase transfer budget which brings other players into play

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I believe thats much further down the line than whats being reported, 

As with Hyan , Brittain , Szmodics  club being tight lipped with local media, probably to allow them to switch targets if BBD is sold.

Although we are not reliant on BBD sale, his departure does increase transfer budget which brings other players into play

Out of interest. Do you know if Hirst is a loan or permanent? 

22 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Gregg likes the sound of a certain Blackburn-born Greek that’s going to relight to some old fires around these parts. Available at €1.5M

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Gregg likes the sound of a certain Blackburn-born Greek that’s going to relight to some old fires around these parts. 

I am guessing that this is a cryptic suggestion of Donis. Where is this from? 

Based on his goal record, he makes our current bunch of non scorers seem prolific.

Edited by roversfan99

22 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Wait, sell Brereton for £12-15m and only reinvest £5m? Yikes. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I am guessing that this is a cryptic suggestion of Donis. Where is this from?

It’s not very cryptic to be fair! Anastasios is on the potentials list for if BBD leaves. 

• Like 1

I think any suggestion of more than 3 signings is beyond fanciful, Tomasson was very firm in dismissing the suggestion yesterday in his interview that we could get more than 3. If it isn't 3, I would suspect that less (breakdown of deals) is more likely.

2 centre backs including Hyam and a loanee and a loanee attacker seem to be the likely remaining business. Talk of Styles and the Malmo winger would take considerable fees and fall outside of what we are seemingly looking for.

I suppose it could be seen as 3 and then a potential Brereton replacement at a push, but we said last year that we would get a replacement for Armstrong and we didn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, den said:

George Hirst?

Why?

In fairness to him, his wiki stats do not tell the full picture. He was scoring 40 goals plus at under 21 level whilst also scoring regurlar at various England age groups.

He barely got minutes at Rotherham, and after Xmas last season his goals to game ratio was one of the best in the country.

Leicester still think there is a player in there hence new contracts etc.

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wait, sell Brereton for £12-15m and only reinvest £5m? Yikes. 

To be fair it's worth remembering we spent £7m on him in the first place, add in wages and £5m reinvestment isn't as unreasonable as it sounds. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

Gregg likes the sound of a certain Blackburn-born Greek that’s going to relight to some old fires around these parts. Available at €1.5M

If he's the son of the Greek Greyhound he'll have good pedigree. I hope we win the race to sign him.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

In fairness to him, his wiki stats do not tell the full picture. He was scoring 40 goals plus at under 21 level whilst also scoring regurlar at various England age groups.

He barely got minutes at Rotherham, and after Xmas last season his goals to game ratio was one of the best in the country.

Leicester still think there is a player in there hence new contracts etc.

16 senior goals in his career. 13 of those in league 1.