BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Really does baffle me how many fans can't get their heads round FFP 🤣

Which stops them painting the stadium and fixing the rust?

Poor old Venkys! They were set to finance us back to the Premier League but FFP arrived and  any ambition had to stop!

Brentford, Burnley both made it there without infringing FFP.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

Poor old Venkys! They were set to finance us back to the Premier League but FFP arrived and  any ambition had to stop!

When all they really had to do was keep us in the PL where they found us and the big bucks would have been delivered to them in suitcases.

In any business the more complex the rules the more loopholes exist. You have to pay for the skilled accountants and lawyers to do the magic. There are always ways.

It's easier and much much cheaper to leave it to the likes of Waggott and Cheston(?) to feck up.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, 47er said:

Painting the stadium and fixing rust gets you promotion now does it? Which was the point of the post 🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

When all they really had to do was keep us in the PL where they found us and the big bucks would have been delivered to them in suitcases.

In any business the more complex the rules the more loopholes exist. You have to pay for the skilled accountants and lawyers to do the magic. There are always ways.

It's easier and much much cheaper to leave it to the likes of Waggott and Cheston(?) to feck up.

You mean like Derby did?

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Painting the stadium and fixing rust gets you promotion now does it? Which was the point of the post 🤣

How much Venkys are prepared to spend is irrelevant then?

There is no impediment to them keeping the stadium up to scratch but they neglect it so why conclude that its just FFP that prevents them spending money on improving the squad?

See the connection?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 47er said:

How much Vnekys are prepared to spend is irrelevant then?

Prepared to spend or able to spend? Because that's the situation. I'm 100% not defending them for a second let me make that clear.

Of course they should spend on stadium maintenance, it's no coincidence that crackpot owners like the Glazers have left Old Trafford to rot too, same at Birmingham amongst others. On the basis they never visit, who's actually flagging up things like this though? Travelling to grounds up and down the country its bizarre how many other grounds need sprucing up too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

Almost can't be bothered but NO------as I said, like Burnley and Brentford did. 

Ahhh got it, we only use examples that back our own point up and ignore any other valid ones of it not working, got it!

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Really does baffle me how many fans can't get their heads round FFP 🤣

It really does baffle me how fans just tow the party line, have fallen for the spin coming out of the club and have little or no ambition beyond that.

How did Wolves get out of this league? How are Boro spending money an very good players, how about Hull City a few years back? Blackpool spent more than we did last season.

We used to be a small town club with massive ambition, since these idiots took us over we are a small town club with no ambition. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

unfortunately it makes zero difference what they are worth. The issue is our low gates and income which is what our wage bill needs to be based on.

someone may be able to find a way to do it without us getting a point deduction under FFP but it would be risky.

Yeah, nice. 

But man citeh, Chelsea, barcodes etc can spend ad nauseam due to the bottomless pockets of their owners and their better/ more creative financial advisers? Stop smoking the exhaust that these shysters belch out to protect the privileged position they have carved for themselves and see our position for what it is - the unloved and badly mistreated plaything of BILLIONNAIRE owners 😉

Venksters should put up (properly and consistently) or feck off, imo. We have had long enough of this having our heads down the toilet.

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

It really does baffle me how fans just tow the party line, have fallen for the spin coming out of the club and have little or no ambition beyond that.

How did Wolves get out of this league? How are Boro spending money an very good players, how about Hull City a few years back? Blackpool spent more than we did last season.

We used to be a small town club with massive ambition, since these idiots took us over we are a small town club with no ambition. 

So far this summer we have one of the bigger net spends in the championship.

Boro you mention sold two players Traviner and Spence.

Even with the players they have brought in still have £15 million worth of player trading profit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Having a basic grasp of FFP isn't towing the party line ffs.

Right so Wolverhampton Wanderers last had a average attendance of over 28 thousand fans in the championship, do you need me to go on?

• Like 7

10 hours ago, den said:

There is one other stat. He’s 23 and hasn’t proved himself at championship level.

We need players who we know can play at this level. 

So, one 5 months loan spell at Rotherham which none of us know how he played or how Rotherham used him people dismiss! I'm quite astonish by so many people commenting on him based on this. 

Also Jordan Rhodes hadn't proved himself before he came here and score goals. Maybe Hirst need to play for a team that plays to strengths in order to score goals. 

What we need is players that fit Rovers's footballing strategy, JDT tactics and style of play

10 hours ago, rebelmswar said:

I've seem many a trailer for films that look great but are utter shite when I see the whole thing. 

well I would say maybe that your choice of film you like perhaps 🤔

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ross Barkley has just left Chelsea by mutual consent. 

I don't know what's gone wrong with him but worth a look as the Rothwell type replacement?

Not a chance Ross Barkley is coming here

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Only 4 signings and less than 72 hours to go where we will likely sign 1 more.

We are so short on numbers, with only 1 loan spot used it makes little sense not to at least get a couple more in additon to 1 or if Brereton goes 2 permanent signings. 

Where is it likely we only sign 1 more? who knows what is going on Brockhall and Ewood Park right now. None of us knew we tried to sign Hyam in July, did we? 

We shouldn't be relying on loans every season like we did with Mowbray far too much, but this summer we have made 3 permanent signings for transfers fees which few fans thought we would never do.  

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"1st division here we come,

Right back where we started from....."

great to see your positively here Rev this morning. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So, one 5 months loan spell at Rotherham which none of us know how he played or how Rotherham used him people dismiss! I'm quite astonish by so many people commenting on him based on this. 

Also Jordan Rhodes hadn't proved himself before he came here and score goals. Maybe Hirst need to play for a team that plays to strengths in order to score goals. 

What we need is players that fit Rovers's footballing strategy, JDT tactics and style of play

well I would say maybe that your choice of film you like perhaps 🤔

Not a chance Ross Barkley is coming here

Where is it likely we only sign 1 more? who knows what is going on Brockhall and Ewood Park right now. None of us knew we tried to sign Hyam in July, did we? 

We shouldn't be relying on loans every season like we did with Mowbray far too much, but this summer we have made 3 permanent signings for transfers fees which few fans thought we would never do.  

great to see your positively here Rev this morning. 

Chaddy, if we only sign Hyam, 1 more player and sell BBD, would you say thats a successful window? 

2 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

I agree 100% - remember, we have BILLIONAIRE owners, not two bob Charlies scraping to get the wages together monthly.

I share all your frustration, it should have turned out better than this. However if you think about it being in business is about making money not losing it.

If they had a billion (1,000M) to start with they've already pissed 200M of that up the wall for no benefit. Looks like a pretty poor business decision so not too surprising they're pulling back a bit.

Of course Venky's are culpable but for me the real villians in all this are still Anderson and SEM. Venky's punishment is that they've lost a fortune, our punishment is Venkys!

Oh for a billionaire with sense.

41 minutes ago, rebelmswar said:

Cant a sign on bonus that would compensate the player for his exess wage demands be used?

A mate of mine supports City. When their owners came in and wanted to get big quick without the fans/ revenue that’s what they apparently did. Decent wages with massive bonus  money that couldn’t fail to be paid, this in turn got the players up to the money they wanted during the duration of the contract. It’s only the actual contract that counts and not the bonus money if what he told me is correct. 

• Like 1

Led to believe Ross Barkley is a name we will be hearing more often.. 

Player fancies it especially with it being close to home so no proper relocation required.. 

1 year deal with the option for a further based on appearances, player feels it will be a similar situation to MGW at Sheff United last season given a solid season he will be back in the Prem even if Rovers aren't promoted. 

JDT promised a 'Marquee' signing by Gregg to kick-start the 'project', The family back in Pune are said to be happy to put some of the BBD money towards his wages.. with the view for him to be announced Thursday morning and BBD set to depart Thursday afternoon. 

RB due to Brockhall tomorrow morning to be shown round and if happy complete a medical. 

• Like 2