BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

35 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Main difference is Dykes can head a ball and physically win central aeriel duels whereas Gallagher can't.

I'm not necessarily sure JDTs style would suit a big target man like Dykes. He's probably better at holding the ball up than gally but he's less mobile and probably less of a goal threat.

I'm quite keen on the idea of Hirst, but I'm not really sure why. I think it's how highly he was rated coming through that there might be a higher ceiling there.

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Flynn Downes isn't getting a look in at West Ham, get Diaz there and him in exchange plus cash

Say what? He just signed for them a month ago for a big fee and has already featured in the PL.

Barkley, Downes...think twice before typing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Nixon saying B/pool want £4m for Bowler. If we start a whip round we can bring him back on the coach tomorrow night. 

Doable if BBD goes. If we got Bowler and a proper proven number 9 in that could be an upgrade on BBD. 

Worth noting though he scored seven goals last season, so we are going to be looking to replace the BBD goals primarily from a new number nine and other midfielders chipping in.

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do you think  I was serious on Barkely? 🤣🙄

Downes on loan is an option if Diaz is going the other way

More people than you suggested Barkley 😉

Downes on loan, yes of course, but WH play enough games to keep him around. Think he'll get games.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Dykes would do well here imo but QPR surely won't sell him. He's their only striker. I think Hirst will end up here. 

I don't rate Dykes. Hirst I have only seen the highlight reel on Youtube and he seems decent with a lot of potential for growth. Not good enough as a replacement for BBD, but as an addon to what we have. Dolan should be sold in my view.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Doable if BBD goes. If we got Bowler and a proper proven number 9 in that could be an upgrade on BBD. 

Worth noting though he scored seven goals last season, so we are going to be looking to replace the BBD goals primarily from a new number nine and other midfielders chipping in.

Definitely doable, but Sharpe said he asked someone at the club earlier in the summer and they said Bowler and Styles have never been targets. Whether that's still the case....

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

We definitely “Think small” these days.

Without wanting to go into too much depth and too off topic, Sunderland bring in millions through their Netflix documentary, as well as getting their brand out their to a global audience. One of the streaming services would have absolutely jumped at the chance to document the Brereton story, and apparently approaches were made to the club. Unfortunately our efforts to capitalise on his fairytale were running off a few dozen fruit of the loom t shirts to sell in the club shop and everything else was dismissed as “difficult”. Dack and his partner are already reality TV stars, I don’t watch the show so I don’t know how much he features, but you’d think there would be a way of bringing some of that audience to Ewood, even if only for one game.

I’m not crazy about either idea, but things like this are becoming more commonplace. No less palatable than the chicken advert.

Great ideas, but would be so difficult to get signed off by Venkys. 1- they are so disengaged so would be hard to drive them to a decision, 2-they would rather squash the whole thing anyway rather than have a hint of bad press directed at Venkys, and how could you guaranteed to them up front there would only be positive press?

It's not really any malevolence or lack of resources that makes Venkys such pernicious owners... it's just how divorced and uninvested in the day to day reality of the club they are. Absentee landlords... 

We'd be better off with someone with significantly less resource but much more engagement, as they would try to come up with and be open to the innovative sorts of solutions you are suggesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, callumrovers said:

Surely is we wanted him, we could afford him from Venkys special pot? I don’t think he would have any interest in coming here, not when he can wait until the end of the season and leave on a free to a prem team. 

Would love this, but it’s pie in the sky.

Come the end of the window we may see that the only thing in Venkys special pot is a scrawny chicken.

I still can't believe that anyone thinks that FFP is the reason why Venkys don't spend more.

It was said in the fans forum minutes that the owners initially agreed to a full pitch renovation before ending up refusing to fund the £2m.

On the latest links, Barkley is the funniest rumour I have seen for some times.

Dykes is an absolute dolloper and we should stay well clear, awful goal record and injury prone, QPR fans would drive him here.