BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not mad on Dykes or Hirst, but that statement simply isn't true at all.

What have they done, that screams sign them up immediately? Is that the calibre of players you want us to replace BBD with? I see we are still happy with mediocrity. At least then we can know that the youngsters are being given the opportunities, instead of players like that 

Edited by Iceman

12 minutes ago, Iceman said:

What have they done, that screams sign them up immediately? Is that the calibre of players you want us to replace BBD with? I see we are still happy with mediocrity. At least then we can know that the youngsters are being given the opportunities, instead of players like that 

Did I say anything of the sort though? No. I absolutely didn't. I was even clear in the post you quoted that I'm not crazy about signing them. I simply pointed out, correctly, that your statement that Vale and Burns have done as much as Dykes and Hirst is simply untrue.

Burns has scored 2 goals in 15 League Two games, that's the full extent of his professional experience. Vale has 151 minutes in the Championship, with no goals or assists, and 44 minutes in League One, with no goals or assists, and 4 cup appearances with 2 assists.

Dykes has 22 goals in 79 appearances in the Championship. Hirst has a poor Championship record (mostly off the bench) but scored 13 in 40 in League One last season. Like I said, I'm not sold on getting either, but to say Burns and Vale have done as much as them is false.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I still think we are in real need of a second choice keeper.

Maybe not the priority but something id hope they are looking at.

I agree, we are goosed if Kaminski is out for any real length of time. But I suspect it won't be on the agenda just yet and I kind of agree. It's certainly a risk, to hope TK holds up, but keepers usually do. Funds are low, we have a backup keeper who seems to be on a decent wage who we probably can't shift, and some promising young keepers...I think JDT will assess his keeping options over the next 6 months and maybe look at dealing with it in January if there's any money left. Fingers crossed Kaminski remains a picture of health, he has been out for a few games at a time before. For now, our general play and thin squad in areas where we are almost guaranteed to lose people to injury and suspensions is likely a bigger concern.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He said he's not counting this one, so his fourth window will be Summer 2024. I'm expecting big things in 2024/25. 😉

#ProjectJourney

He said he needs 3 windows after this. That will be January in his second season.

Goddammit, BRFCS, we have to be able to count to three here 🤣

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Did I say anything of the sort though? No. I absolutely didn't. I was even clear in the post you quoted that I'm not crazy about signing them. I simply pointed out, correctly, that your statement that Vale and Burns have done as much as Dykes and Hirst is simply untrue.

Burns has scored 2 goals in 15 League Two games, that's the full extent of his professional experience. Vale has 151 minutes in the Championship, with no goals or assists, and 44 minutes in League One, with no goals or assists, and 4 cup appearances with 2 assists.

Dykes has 22 goals in 79 appearances in the Championship. Hirst has a poor Championship record (mostly off the bench) but scored 13 in 40 in League One last season. Like I said, I'm not sold on getting either, but to say Burns and Vale have done as much as them is false.

My point I was trying to make, is that if that is sort of strikers we are after, then why not hold those funds, and move it to an area where we maybe need more bodies in if BBD stays. 

The squad is lacking in depth quality, and should we lose BBD, is Dykes and/or Hirst the type of quality worthy of replacing him? We just seem to struggle with having a good scouting system in place.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I agree, we are goosed if Kaminski is out for any real length of time. But I suspect it won't be on the agenda just yet and I kind of agree. It's certainly a risk, to hope TK holds up, but keepers usually do. Funds are low, we have a backup keeper who seems to be on a decent wage who we probably can't shift, and some promising young keepers...I think JDT will assess his keeping options over the next 6 months and maybe look at dealing with it in January if there's any money left. Fingers crossed Kaminski remains a picture of health, he has been out for a few games at a time before. For now, our general play and thin squad in areas where we are almost guaranteed to lose people to injury and suspensions is likely a bigger concern.

That's it isn't it. Hope we get through to January and it has loved up the priority list. Losing Kaminski for any length of time could be catastrophic.

37 minutes ago, Iceman said:

So you want to spend money on Dykes/Hirst, who has done pretty much as much as Vale and Burns, then you might as well give 2 of our own youngsters that opportunity. 

Never seen a less true word spoken, Hirst got 15 professional goals last season and dykes is an international footballer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonJonTheDon said:

Never seen a less true word spoken, Hirst got 15 professional goals last season and dykes is an international footballer. 

Lol yeh and every club is out there busy lining up to sign them, right? 

Just now, Iceman said:

Not many are saying it's a 'good' signing, but merely pointing out that what you said previously was untrue - Vale etc haven't done 'as much'. Wanting Vale to play instead is a fair shout which I think is up for debate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

To turn this on its head - there has been no noticeable interest in signing/loaning Vale. Sadly we aren't likely to be top of the list for players who are sought after by a number of clubs. 

9 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

That's it isn't it. Hope we get through to January and it has loved up the priority list. Losing Kaminski for any length of time could be catastrophic.

Backup goalie is always a difficult position to recruit for. They know they run the very real risk of not playing all season (except potentially cup games). The calibre of keeper that is happy to risk that usually isn't very good.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Prepared to spend or able to spend? Because that's the situation. I'm 100% not defending them for a second let me make that clear.

Of course they should spend on stadium maintenance, it's no coincidence that crackpot owners like the Glazers have left Old Trafford to rot too, same at Birmingham amongst others. On the basis they never visit, who's actually flagging up things like this though? Travelling to grounds up and down the country its bizarre how many other grounds need sprucing up too.

Not that I follow closely what goes on at Manchester Un-tied, but I thought the Glazers had started showing their faces more often at Old Trafford in recent months.

Perhaps someone who's angrier at Venky's than I am - they've worn me down - could tell me how long it is that any of the Raos have been spotted in BB2??

1 minute ago, R0verb0y said:

Not that I follow closely what goes on at Manchester Un-tied, but I thought the Glazers had started showing their faces more often at Old Trafford in recent months.

Perhaps someone who's angrier at Venky's than I am - they've worn me down - could tell me how long it is that any of the Raos have been spotted in BB2??

90 mins 

7 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And they say "the money we are going to raise by selling all the first team squad and raising money by renaming Ewood Park "The Totally Wicked Stadium" "

That could be the same day this old fogey decides he'll never again set foot inside our historic stadium. (And that's a different point from the way our owners' representatives are caring for the fabric of the stadium.)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our new manager looks like he's been here for years working with those reprobates in Pune, obviously frustrated and probably relieved at the same time.

Looks a man under pressure already to me.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Our new manager looks like he's been here for years working with those reprobates in Pune, obviously frustrated and probably relieved at the same time.

Looks a man under pressure already to me.

Body language expert are we now Gav?

How have you come to that conclusion from that short video?

• Like 2