BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 hours ago, Realistic Rover said:

I can also confirm that I have heard suggestions that Ross Barkley is due at the STC tomorrow for discussions and further, a medical.

*Tin hat on.*

Cant really see it happening but theoretically I like the idea of this. Add a bit of razzmatazz and interest for once. Reminds me a bit of signing Ardilles/Archibald etc.

However as it also has the potential to go horribly wrong and not end up being any more successful than Rodwell I hope it would be a stand alone Venky's project and not impact on the rest of the playing budget. Certainly wouldn't want to see BBD sold specifically to fund it.

Bit more exciting than rumours of Dykes/ Hirst though. Christ, I remember watching Dykes for Scotland a while back and he had bleached blonde hair and I made a point of looking him up to see who he was because I couldn't believe anyone at international level could be that bad.

Wonder what our criteria for a striker is? Must be "Find me a complete donkey whose second touch is a tackle but the most important criteria is, they must not know where the back of the net is."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Neal said:

https://the72.co.uk/2022/08/30/blackburn-rovers-plotting-ambitious-swoop-for-qpr-man-report-claims/

One of the worst players I've seen at Ewood for some time. Praying it's b*llocks. 

excellent in the air,obviously b******s ,qpr won`t let him go for anything less than 5 million quid,which is overpriced and probably beyond us

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

*Tin hat on.*

Cant really see it happening but theoretically I like the idea of this. Add a bit of razzmatazz and interest for once. Reminds me a bit of signing Ardilles/Archibald etc.

However as it also has the potential to go horribly wrong and not end up being any more successful than Rodwell I hope it would be a stand alone Venky's project and not impact on the rest of the playing budget. Certainly wouldn't want to see BBD sold specifically to fund it.

Bit more exciting than rumours of Dykes/ Hirst though. Christ, I remember watching Dykes for Scotland a while back and he had bleached blonde hair and I made a point of looking him up to see who he was because I couldn't believe anyone at international level could be that bad.

Wonder what our criteria for a striker is? Must be "Find me a complete donkey whose second touch is a tackle but the most important criteria is, they must not know where the back of the net is."

Our criteria for a striker look pretty good based on the last 2 seasons. For 2020-21 Armstrong came second in the leading goalscorers in the Championship and in 2021-22 Brereton Diaz came third. But , hey, let's keep talking the club down, why don't we ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

George Hirst not involved in Leicester u21s tonight.

Think this one will be done tomorrow.

Travel up for medical and media stuff tomorrow 👍

70054253-C20F-4F75-8270-A53B3075B724.png

If we could get him for next to nothing, as low cost, low risk back up  he might just about be worth a go. It's difficult to see how he could be much less effective than Gallagher and in the long run it might allow us to get Gallagher's wages off the books.

If we were relying on him to be a primary source of goals it would obviously be an absolutely suicidal move.

Still don't want him. There must be loads of options out there better than him and Dykes.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, J*B said:

Astonished we finish the day without even a rumour. Gonna be a wild Wednesday and Thursday. 

It's not midnight yet. But we did have the highly dubious Barkley rumour. And did the Dykes one pop up today or yesterday?

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Our criteria for a striker look pretty good based on the last 2 seasons. For 2020-21 Armstrong came second in the leading goalscorers in the Championship and in 2021-22 Brereton Diaz came third. But , hey, let's keep talking the club down, why don't we ?

Maybe I should have said "current" criteria.

Thank you for agreeing with me.  Neither of above remotely like Hirst or Dykes.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Maybe I should have said "current" criteria.

Thank you for agreeing with me.  Neither of above remotely like Hirst or Dykes.

Neither of the above have (a) actually signed for us or (b) at a fee equivalent to what was paid for Armstrong or Brereton.

I have no intention of agreeing with the nonsense you post.

Have to say, if there’s any possibility of Ross Barkley, he would be an immense signing for us.

Top-6 Prem player, an England international not too long ago.

Now that he can get away from That London and if he wants to be fairly close to Merseyside, Rovers could be a good option for him.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow, but I’m hoping there’s something genuine in this.

• Like 3

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

*Tin hat on.*

The wages involved for Barkley, it MUST be a Venkyspecial, surely?

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Neither of the above have (a) actually signed for us or (b) at a fee equivalent to what was paid for Armstrong or Brereton.

I have no intention of agreeing with the nonsense you post.

🤣

As a point of order, if anyone was actually barking enough to go in for Dykes I suspect it would take a Gallagher size fee to land him. Hopefully we won't be finding out.