BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think we need to manage expectations here. From what I've read, despite his height he is not a target man and his style doesn't lend itself to playing really direct. He is supposedly pretty good at bringing others into play, running the channels and getting in the box. Let's hope he has some goals to go with his game!

But we already have Sam Gallagher.

27 minutes ago, Iceman said:

And round and round we go? Or maybe, we go out there, and find players who will hit the ground running immediately? With us struggling to score goals, we are banking on a guy who may or may not get us that goals? I mean BBD is struggling to find the net, so Hirst better do, or we are fooked 

If finding a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker was that easy everyone would have one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J*B said:

They’re not going to sell Diaz, are they? 15M up the wall…

Apologies if its been mentioned, but apparently Everton hade had an initial offer of 17.5m accepted by Rovers. They are now waiting to see if they will make a formal offer. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jon-dahl-tomasson-makes-admission-about-ben-brereton-diazs-future-at-blackburn-rovers-amid-everton-interest/

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I honestly don't give a shit what players have or have not done at previous clubs. My only interest is how they do in the future, for the Rovers.

You might be our next goalkeeper signing, but you're not making the scouting team like that.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think we need to manage expectations here. From what I've read, despite his height he is not a target man and his style doesn't lend itself to playing really direct. He is supposedly pretty good at bringing others into play, running the channels and getting in the box. Let's hope he has some goals to go with his game!

What does a targetman do if it's not running channels, getting in the box, and bringing others into play?

6 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Apologies if its been mentioned, but apparently Everton hade had an initial offer of 17.5m accepted by Rovers. They are now waiting to see if they will make a formal offer. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jon-dahl-tomasson-makes-admission-about-ben-brereton-diazs-future-at-blackburn-rovers-amid-everton-interest/

Football League world? 

Please let's not use that source 😂

• Like 2

I'm happy to have Hirst since it's not going to cost too much and we get to 'try before maybe buy' also wouldn't mind if we signed sykes aswell, but we'd still be missing a real goal scorer! Even if bbd stays I think last year was more of a purple patch/season for him, I think he's really more of a 15ish goal per season type

10 minutes ago, alexanders said:

So they haven't made an offer according to that just a discussion. The only club to actual make a written offer so far is Nice which we rejected.

26 minutes ago, Mike E said:

What does a targetman do if it's not running channels, getting in the box, and bringing others into play?

This chap sums it up better than I could!

https://twitter.com/GabSutton/status/1564697699022159872?s=20&t=5xnGZb3FMkfMqLjMt44y9Q

Copy for those not on Twitter:

Key thing with George Hirst is, don’t assume because he’s a 6’3” striker that he’s a target man.

He’s a deft operator with excellent link-up play, but the service into him has to be precise and tailored rather than hopeful and speculative.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

So what you’re saying is he’s basically Haaland? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

No problem with giving Hirst a go. We've had a few strikers come to the club with poor records in their recent history who turn out to be great players for Rovers (Rudy Gestede, Danny Graham, and even Adam Armstrong had a really poor record at Championship level until things clicked for him at Rovers. If he's been identified as someone who can come in and play to the system that JDT wants then that's good enough for me to support this signing. We really need a focal point down the middle of the attacking positions to link up with the likes of Dack and Hedges, so I'm hoping Hirst can be that.

No idea who else we'll try to bring in, but hopefully it'll be an exciting end to the transfer window 😆.

Danny Graham a poor record?

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

This chap sums it up better than I could!

https://twitter.com/GabSutton/status/1564697699022159872?s=20&t=5xnGZb3FMkfMqLjMt44y9Q

Copy for those not on Twitter:

Key thing with George Hirst is, don’t assume because he’s a 6’3” striker that he’s a target man.

He’s a deft operator with excellent link-up play, but the service into him has to be precise and tailored rather than hopeful and speculative.

Well if he's got excellent link up play that is very very very very very different to Gallagher who is absolutely link up free.

But... then again if he's a player who likes linking up and running with the as opposed to holding it up and getting in the box then it sounds like we are maybe getting another Hedges.

I just want a striker who can head a ball, can hold it up and would rather spend his time inside the box than running around everywhere that's not the box. Too much to ask?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ok, no goals in 4 starts, and brought on on 26 other occasions to try and influence the game and failed.

Why are people trying to defend the indefensible? Everyone seemed to be dead against the signing a few days ago, now because an option to purchase at a completely  unrealistic price appears to be a possibility, most people's views seem to have changed.

Is it sheer desperation due to no other further incomings so close to the end of the window? 

It looks suspicious to me, Rev. It’s almost as though they are being orchestrated…

Remind me, were you equally against signing Armstrong after his 1 goal in 20 Championship appearances for Wanky Wanderers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

After all the talk and excitement about:

Anel, Davies, Van Hecke, Van Den Berg, Birmancevic, Bowler, Styles...

None of them happened, and we're left arguing about the merits of signing an underwhelming kid from Leicester.

Sounds about right for this regime. We've been had again.

All the talk was on forums!😂

• Like 4