BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Just don’t think we can let him go for nothing with the mess our finances are in. If it’s £20m now or a free in the summer then I think we have to take the £20m now.

We seem to have got over the trauma of letting 3 players walk this summer for £0 when it would have been very easy to keep them all under contract / sell them earlier and together would have raked in £10 million. 

It seemingly hasn't made much difference to our finances either because we've gone out and spent further millions replacing those 3 players. So probably £15 million laid out or lost for what might or might not be an improvement. If the people owning or running the club were interested in its financial state we wouldn't have seen this happen. They can clearly afford to run the risk on Brereton.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Well Breo can always repay the club by signing a new contract and then walk for a big fee in the summer if we don't get promoted. That would show loyalty to the club.

I actually think that this is what will happen.

Nobody will pay the asking price, he’ll sign a new contract with a release clause and big payrise and what happens after that depends on where we finish and how he does.

1 minute ago, Cherry Blue said:

The Daily Telegraph's Mike McGrath reports that Blackburn Rovers' Ben Brereton Diaz is set to remain at the club after much speculation surrounding his future.

He says that Fulham and Everton both placed £12m bids but Blackburn's asking price remains £20m.

trying to get him on the cheap,good to see we are not pushovers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

The Daily Telegraph's Mike McGrath reports that Blackburn Rovers' Ben Brereton Diaz is set to remain at the club after much speculation surrounding his future.

He says that Fulham and Everton both placed £12m bids but Blackburn's asking price remains £20m.

90% of other owners would not have held out 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

The time to have gone for Surridge was surely last season. Can’t see us competing against decent Chanpionship teams even if we did go for him now. 

can see middlesborough really going for him,bar them,i don`t see who needs him,most of the contenders have already got their strikeforce,burnley could make a bid but they`ve already got a huge squad

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Rothwell hasn't kicked a ball all season, sitting on the bench is all that Nyambe is doing at Wigan, and when he is not being sent off Lenihan is "starring" for the team with the second worst defensive record in the division - so I don't think we would have been in a better position.

Nyambe started the last game

47 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Just don’t think we can let him go for nothing with the mess our finances are in. If it’s £20m now or a free in the summer then I think we have to take the £20m now.

3 weeks ago you would begrudgingly accept. Not now though, far too late in the day.

I really don't think venkys will be losing any sleep over him going for nothing, they have proven that with the lads who have left for nothing this year.

• Like 1