BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

You don't need every attacker scoring 20 plus goals, do you understand that? We have a red hot Chilean international bangin them in. We have a quality footballer in Bradley Dack getting back to somewhat of his old self, supplying ammo and chipping in. Gally is capable of getting 10. Trav is chipping in too. 

But hey look you just stick with the negative outlook on this one.

Haha negative outlook. I asked you what brought you to the conclusion we have a strike force that could tear up the division.  We've got Brereton who I acknowledged is great and Dack who I love but hasn't played in practically 3 seasons.  The rest have a lot to prove and a lot to do. Surely you can understand that without calling someone negative? 

You ignored my comment about actual stats from our opening 6 games... Why? 

• Like 4

Disappointed we didn’t get the 3 signings we thought we were going to get , think both full back areas should have been addressed and I still think we are missing some experience in the middle 

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

One or two big ifs in there. Desperate for Dack to do well... There's very positive signs him and BB have a good understanding AND Dack sees the game unfold ahead of everyone else. 

How many has Hedges scored so far in a B&W shirt? Looks good, nice touches but we need people to weigh in with goals. 

Gally won't score more than 10, rest are probably 6 or 7. Let's hope Hirst can weigh in.

The fact is, historically, we only have Brereton who will score goals prolifically. That is aside from Dack, but it was a long time since he scored a lot of goals in the Championship... 2018/19.

Be great if someone could step up to take the burden off BBD and be knocking them in when he isn't in the team.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Someone else said that the other day and he denied it. Unless the R stands for Rioja. 

Been away from home working for most of the day and just catching up with the transfer window madness.

As I said a few days ago, I am not part of the Twitterati or Tw@atterati (if I've had a glass or two too many).

For what it's worth, I thought that if Brereton was still in the building at noon today then he would be with us until at least January.

Also think we need at least one more through the door and preferably two.  Not hopeful this will happen now.

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

JDT obviously didn't rate him. Such a shame, earlier in his career he looked decent 

Good luck to him at Port Vale. He need to play football regular and in his proper role 

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the above is true then you`ve got to take it,it would be shocking business to pay 7 million for someone then lose him for nothing,i wish ben the best of luck,bearing in mind he`s joining a ****show with a donut as a manager

Fulham and Everton bids are very poor and massive undervalued BBD who is is Chilean international player and just scored over 20 goals last season. He proved his worth last year. 

We never received any offer anywhere near our valuation for him so we sell for peanuts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Really? I'd say the cost of having to replace them may say otherwise! Even standing still (assuming they all do as well, which isn't a given) has cost us a pretty penny. Hopefully they all turn out better and it's hard with hypothetical, but I wonder if all 3 remaining - which would have been cheaper - and the money gone in to one or two additional signings might have been better for us long term. Hard to say as a hypothetical though. 

I doubt it would be cheaper.

Would’ve been pushing 50k a week to keep them at the club. They really, really, weren’t worth that to us.

There’s yer fees and wages for the replacements.

Just hope JDT is happy with business. After signing Hyam the other day he suggested he wanted another 3, and we've got 2 in Hirst and Mola, so short of what he was expecting. Perhaps retaining Brereton will be a bonus but get the feeling he wanted more.

I don't think we've added enough but happy to be proven wrong on that. I was skeptical as to last summer's dealings and they worked out ok.  

• Like 2

Diaz had to stay for that kind of money. He's such a likable bloke with a genuine story behind his development that I'll just enjoy seeing him in a rovers shirt for another year. Disappointing not to sign someone on the right as it'd make us genuine contenders. 

Hopefully he signs a new deal. Doubt he will, but it'll be good seeing him with us regardless. Also... if we don't make it back to the prem any time soon, all these two bit clubs with a few bob from premier league money will know they can't just take the piss out of us.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Playing hard ball, or do they all want to go home early ?

If we are done we are done. 

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Disappointed we didn’t get the 3 signings we thought we were going to get , think both full back areas should have been addressed and I still think we are missing some experience in the middle 

Mola can play at left back and the middle of midfield but we have Adam Wharton and Jake Garrett for CM after Travis, Buckley, Morton so plenty of options for that. 

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Also think we need at least one more through the door and preferably two.  Not hopeful this will happen now.

Rovers are done for this transfer window from what Rich Sharpe has been told from Rovers

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Just hope JDT is happy with business. After signing Hyam the other day he suggested he wanted another 3, and we've got 2 in Hirst and Mola, so short of what he was expecting. Perhaps retaining Brereton will be a bonus but get the feeling he wanted more.

I don't think we've added enough but happy to be proven wrong on that. I was skeptical as to last summer's dealings and they worked out ok.  

I do wonder how much Wharton's performance last night has influenced thinking. It was obviously only one game - but if he replicates that form over the next few matches we have a real bonus for JDT

Yeah can't help but think we're still short. When it's good like last night and a couple times already this season, it's brilliant. I don't think we have the squad to have a real push at the play offs/promotion. As long as we beat those Dingle bastards home and away that'll do. I think the manager will get time with our owners. Not through their loyalty but more to do with not caring enough or paying much attention to results. See how we get on these next few months and how this team develops.

• Like 3