BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

I'll be delighted if Brereton stays, much rather watch him bang the goals in for another season than cash in.

Exactly mate, another season of watching him score 25 goals or £15million that we won’t see? No brainer. 

Evening all!

Just catching up with the last few days and a few thoughts. 

1) Pleased with the loan to buys for us. Given our comparative lack of finance a try before you buy approach limits the risk for us, however if they are good it improves the team for more than one season as we can buy them. 

2) Whether now or January - the now depending on of we have adequate replacement(s) lined up - we need to sell Bereton. Replacing him with zero money would be very hard to do. This way we get something for him to help replace him (directly or otherwise.) Yes, there's a danger of us maybe going down without him, however that danger is just as real next season when he definitely won't be here with no money in to replace him. I guess you could say the squad would be better but I doubt it would be vastly better than now both as a) in terms of turnover of players in that time it wouldn't be masses different and b) our budget next year having to prioritise a Bereton replacement. 

49 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think we miss Lenihan, Nyambe or Rothwell tbh. So, whilst I want us to fix this long term, I’d be REALLY scared of losing BBD tonight. Even IF we sign Dembele AND Maja or Hugill etc

Really? I'd say the cost of having to replace them may say otherwise! Even standing still (assuming they all do as well, which isn't a given) has cost us a pretty penny. Hopefully they all turn out better and it's hard with hypothetical, but I wonder if all 3 remaining - which would have been cheaper - and the money gone in to one or two additional signings might have been better for us long term. Hard to say as a hypothetical though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

I'll be delighted if Brereton stays, much rather watch him bang the goals in for another season than cash in.

Obviously the dream situation would be for us to get promoted and BBD to be with us in the prem, sign a new long term contract and become a true club Legend. 

Why any player with ambition would want to sign for flippin Fulham or even the shit show that is Everton with that divvy Lampard in charge, for any reason other than money. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

With Diaz, we’re probably still in the playoff mix longlist 

Without him we probably aren’t.

I think Balaji likes a gamble, and I’m all for it.

I don’t think flogging Diaz on the cheap is the difference between keeping the club afloat or not. 

The money isn’t going into my pocket, so I want one of our best players to stay.

Don't really get the point above - surely we are on the shortlist not the long list? Need to see how the signings pan out, but on the face of it we probably have a better squad than last year. Hyam, Morton and Brittain look good, A Wharton looks a revelation,  Dack is fit, Carter looks solid. No idea of Hirst or Mola will be any good but they are extra bodies.

Our expectations shouldnt really change from last year - expectation is 100% we should make playoffs. Obviously JDT needs to be given time etc, but if we don't make sixth it's a bit disappointing.

Edited by joey_big_nose

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Obviously the dream situation would be for us to get promoted and BBD to be with us in the prem, sign a new long term contract and become a true club Legend. 

Why any player with ambition would want to sign for flippin Fulham or even the shit show that is Everton with that divvy Lampard in charge, for any reason other than money. 

quite honestly,if i was a fooballer at the moment id`e rather sign for fulham than everton,which sounds crazy but would be a  better career move

I have just read over 20 pages catching up with all the news and rumours. 

Welcome to Rovers Clinton and it looks another sensible and logical deal where if he plays well, we sign permanent and if he doesn't then we don't. From what I have read he can play 3 positions at Centre back, left back and Centre midfield. 

Shame we didn't sign Dembele tho but given that BBD isn't leaving I can see why we haven't sign him. 

I don't know why Everton and Fulham have offered a bid so low for BBD when they know what the fee is, what our owners are like, and he is international player and scored over 20 goals last season. It's great news that BBD is staying here. He doesn't look like a player who wants out or even thinking of going. He is just performing here. He might well sign a pre contract with foriegn club in January like Valencia or Sevilla but that's for another day. 

On the window overall, I think it's been good transfer window with 3 permanent signings, 2 loans with option to buy for fixed fee and 1 loan only. Rovers have been sensible and look for players that fit our footballing strategy now under GB and JDT. Plus we have kept BBD here for the season. Plus hopefully we still have some money for signings in January if we need to. 

• Like 3

12m is BOLLOX tbf. No matter what the contract situation, yes we all want the best price for our assets but the fools running the show have already wasted 10s of millions. What's another 15 down the swanny. Keep Ben and let's have a fuckin go. The ingredients are there, this division is shite, we really are a left back and a midfield general away from the Premier League imo. Top class keeper, solid centre halves now, talented but young midfield and a front line that can tear up this division. 

• Like 7

Just now, Finlay McKenna said:

Because we made the silly decision of loaning Brown our first 

As others have said there are two or three who can fill in there better.

He is not a right back or rwb and keep sticking him there is ruining any development he might have.  Apart from maybe character building, far better he goes on loan and gets some action at a level that suits him better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

12m is BOLLOX tbf. No matter what the contract situation, yes we all want the best price for our assets but the fools running the show have already wasted 10s of millions. What's another 15 down the swanny. Keep Ben and let's have a fuckin go. The ingredients are there, this division is shite, we really are a left back and a midfield general away from the Premier League imo. Top class keeper, solid centre halves now, talented but young midfield and a front line that can tear up this division. 

this year is a bit to soon imo,next year im`e thoroughly expecting a promotion campaign

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can only double up, or treble up as we saw last night, on players at teams were there isn’t another major threat. We knew Bowler was their principal danger man and we had plans to nullify him.

When you come up against the better teams with several attacking threats then it’s not so easy and your defenders have to be able to win the head to head contests on an individual basis.

Well I would say Blackpool best 3 players attacking wise are Bowler, Yates and Madine, Rovers dealt with all 3 very well and one of the key reasons we won yesterday. 

JDT had a plan and its worked, 

4 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Two released players today, Danny rose and josh Harrop, wouldn’t be against either on a years contract 

no thanks. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

One time Rovers target Josh Maja has turned Big Club down to stay in France with Bordeaux , was Chaddy a fan ? 

I like the player when he was at Sunderland but I was more a fan of Rhys Healey at Toulouse. 

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Cant believe Styles hasnt been snapped up by someone yet 

Clearly teams don't rate him highly as we do or Barnsley asking price is too high/ 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

You don’t think we would have been in a better position last night if we had Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell on the bench at worst? 

I think it's time we moved on from these 3 now. they rejected offers from the club and gone to new clubs now, I wish them well but Rovers have to move on now and we have 

39 minutes ago, Cordoba said:

Sharpe saying he’s expecting a mad scramble from champ clubs for Sam Surridge now Forest are signing Batshuayi..

Could see him slotting in as one of the front 4 

I think Sam Surridge will go Boro probably

11 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I thought Newcastle got 20%? 

Yes they did after the 3 million we paid. so we overall received 10.2 million

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I get the impression BBD really fancies playing abroad, and I think playing in Europe would suit him more than the Premier League. Get a feeling he’ll be playing in Spain next season

• Like 4