BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Travis signed a new contract

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No it doesn't, one contract doesn't prove something against 3 others. We seemingly have a strict wage ceiling, and Travis already was essentially contracted here until 2024, he is only 24 years old, he isn't at the point of having one more big move in him, his demands may be lower, he isn't the current captain or as far as we know courting interest elsewhere, its a totally different situation.

One of the 3 players wanting to leave, we could have had a fee and 2 players on long term deals had all been logical behind the scenes and the manager was allowed to work without interference from stubborn owners who dont have the foggiest about the club. (By the way, I wonder if they are still attending this season)

Great news all the same, Travis is an important player and I suspect the likely captain next season.

His contract situation is comparable with Nyambe as it has been said on here that the club won't reward players who came through the ranks competitive contracts in line with the senior pros.

As an ever present and vice captain you would have to think that Travis got a significant pay rise to commit to another 4 years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s a great signing.

For me, it puts to bed the rank bad views that all is not well behind the scenes because 3 players haven’t signed the contracts offered to them . It emphasises it is the player and not the club at fault.

By comparison Travis is a solid midfielder and for me is more important a signing than either Rothwell or Nyambe and if he continues to improve then he could be a very valuable asset in the future. It would not surprise me at all to see one of the 3 players follow suit and sign the contract on offer.

It doesn't put anything to bed IMO.

It is very welcome news and I applaud all involved for getting it done. The iceberg on the horizon next year and summer 2023 might have largely been avoided with this and Kaminski but that doesn't mean the problems are dealt with this summer.

I'm not sure it absolves the club of any responsibility. Maybe it shows the Club realises what a calamity they've made of things with Rothwell, Lenihan, Nyambe - acting too late and offering too little - and are now learning from that mistake by offering more or dealing with these others more quickly. Just a shame it has taken the imminent loss of 3 key players for them to act.

If we get one or more of the trio sorted then things will be looking up but I don't think there's a cat in hells chance on Nyambe or Rothwell.

• Like 2

The contracts for the three players have been on offer for almost 2 years it’s down to players and agents not doing the deal. Kaminski, Wharton x2, young Ashley, Dack and now Travis have all signed fresh deals which tells a story if you ask me. Some players may be wrong in thinking they are better than they actually are, some might be being too greedy whilst some might think they are more valuable than the club thinks they are ! If you ask me Rovers have done all they can because imo not one if the three have been consistent or good enough for rovers to even consider breaching the pay structures in place

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The contracts for the three players have been on offer for almost 2 years it’s down to players and agents not doing the deal. Kaminski, Wharton x2, young Ashley, Dack and now Travis have all signed fresh deals which tells a story if you ask me. Some players may be wrong in thinking they are better than they actually are, some might be being too greedy whilst some might think they are more valuable than the club thinks they are ! If you ask me Rovers have done all they can because imo not one if the three have been consistent or good enough for rovers to even consider breaching the pay structures in place

None of us know the exact figures or the exact demands. But why is it players thinking that they are better than they actually are? Rothwell knows he can get much more as he could have done in January! Surely its players knowing they can get more elsewhere.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rigger said:

What from the premiership.

Whichever league we start in. Prem is nailed on, the other looks a likely battle IMO.

You can just hear the "Mowbray had us in the playoffs" brigade a year from now when we're bottom 8ish in the Championship... failing to remember that most of Mowbrays usual XI are all gone on frees (Rothwell, Lenihan, Nyambe) or back to parent clubs (JP, Khadra, Giles, Zeefuik), or Brereton - leaving us in the shite.

Kaminski

JRC - Phillips(?) - Wharton - Pickering

Buckley - Travis - Edun

Gallagher - Dack - Markanday

(Dolan & Hedges).

Maybe doesn't cry out instant relegation a la Peterborough or Barnsley, but any future failures lie at the feet of the current clowns in charge.

However, credit where due - good news about Travis 🤣

Edited by Angry_Pirate

8 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Whichever league we start in. Prem is nailed on, the other looks a likely battle IMO.

You can just hear the "Mowbray had us in the playoffs" brigade a year from now when we're bottom 8ish in the Championship... failing to remember that most of Mowbrays usual XI are all gone on frees (Rothwell, Lenihan, Nyambe) or back to parent clubs (JP, Khadra, Giles, Zeefuik), or Brereton - leaving us in the shite.

Kaminski

Buckley - Travis - Edun

(Dolan & Hedges).

Maybe doesn't cry out instant relegation a la Peterborough or Barnsley, but any future failures lie at the feet of the current clowns in charge.

Carter would be the RH centre half. 

There’s no point looking at the remaining contracted players and going ‘oh relegation battle next season’. Sure I heard the exact same thing last season.

This is a division built on loans and a load more will come through our door. An academy grad might make a breakthrough like Wharton. So many variables and in such an even league we could finish anywhere.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

And the club not satisfying their demands.

That’s a one eyed view BB! Rovers pay well and pay what they believe the players are worth, why on earth would they go beyond the structure for players that are at times frustrating and inconsistent? Imagine everyone in the world demanding more money because they just want more and yet don’t do enough to justify the pay they are asking?

Dont get me wrong, I would love it if all 3 signed the contracts but on the other hand Nyambe going for nothing isn’t a big issue on its own, I would suggest losing a Travis for nothing by comparison is much worse. Lenihan has been great this season but for me Wharton is a huge star in the making and is a far better player and will benefit from playing alongside Ayala and another centre back if Lenihan does leave. Rothwell is an enigma at times, fast feet, can run at pace but his final ball at times and finishing is poor by comparison. He is a player that is a luxury at times and is one that can be replaced, there are diamonds out there that can be polished.

As for the summer, I think Rovers have a recruitment plan in place, it’s much better organised that any of us think or understand.

For the time being let’s ride the season out and see where we are in May.

10 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Kaminski

Buckley - Travis - Edun

(Dolan & Hedges).

I was trying to instill some gallows humour.

• Like 1

To replace three of our best players won't come cheap and we will be letting them walk out of the door for next to nothing. And if we are to bring oven ready Championship players in they will more than likely want as a minimum an average Championship wage. I don't know what the out of contract players demands are - we have only got one side of the story but I'm certain in my mind that we will be a lot weaker if sub standard, cheap replacements are brought in. We have ten loan and out of contract players who will be leaving in June as it stands. How on earth can there be stability when this is happening.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

it’s much better organised that any of us think or understand.

How does that even make sense? If you can't understand it how can you tell its better organised than you can understand?!!

Absolutely cringing that. Its so fantastic its beyond our understanding.!!!  

Pull the other one!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

That’s a one eyed view BB! Rovers pay well and pay what they believe the players are worth, why on earth would they go beyond the structure for players that are at times frustrating and inconsistent? Imagine everyone in the world demanding more money because they just want more and yet don’t do enough to justify the pay they are asking?

Dont get me wrong, I would love it if all 3 signed the contracts but on the other hand Nyambe going for nothing isn’t a big issue on its own, I would suggest losing a Travis for nothing by comparison is much worse. Lenihan has been great this season but for me Wharton is a huge star in the making and is a far better player and will benefit from playing alongside Ayala and another centre back if Lenihan does leave. Rothwell is an enigma at times, fast feet, can run at pace but his final ball at times and finishing is poor by comparison. He is a player that is a luxury at times and is one that can be replaced, there are diamonds out there that can be polished.

As for the summer, I think Rovers have a recruitment plan in place, it’s much better organised that any of us think or understand.

For the time being let’s ride the season out and see where we are in May.

FYI, I didn't read a single thing you wrote after you chose to make your opening line one that accused me of being one eyed for accurately completing the set of conditions which result in players not signing contracts. I didn't deny the other two conditions you posted are factors too. By denying the club haven't offered terms the players and their agent will accept, you are the one being one eyed.

Argue if you want, I won't be engaging in it any further.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

How does that even make sense? If you can't understand it how can you tell its better organised than you can understand?!!

Absolutely cringing that. Its so fantastic its beyond our understanding.!!!  

Pull the other one!

The point being that if you are not involved directly you know faff all! Despite whatever involvement in football you might have had unless you are employed at Ewood the point remains