BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

14 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Good question. Can't say for sure, but it's likely his social media post following the game has bruised somebody's ego.

It certainly wasn't his fault in the Derby match as he tried but he couldn't play that role who the hell would expect him to...

Now think about the performances since then aside from that second half, are the players sulking because of his treatment ?

He always seem a popular member of the squad and one of the leaders.

Imagine being a player playing for a football club where poor results have no consequences, witnessing again and again terrible runs of form that would seemingly be allowed to go on forever. A club where the man in charge will sympathise with your failure to perform year after year and owners where the cost of success is an inconvenience to them. A club where half of the fans think we should be grateful or happy to still exist since 2010.

Are you really giving 110% every week and are you going to do absolutely everything possible to turn around a bad run of form? Do you need to perform consistently each week? Probably not.

If this season has done anything it's proved that we'll never reach the top under the current ownership. It has to start off the pitch, you can go further with worse players than we have if you get it right in the boardroom and on the training ground.

Waggott out, Mowbray out but most importantly Venky's out!

• Like 9

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

It certainly wasn't his fault in the Derby match as he tried but he couldn't play that role who the hell would expect him to...

Now think about the performances since then aside from that second half, are the players sulking because of his treatment ?

He always seem a popular member of the squad and one of the leaders.

There may very well be something in that. The players aren't daft and you can imagine that the likes of Lenihan, Travis and Johnson aren't happy with what is going on. Something obviously went off at half time in the Derby game. Judging by Mowbray's face in the 2nd half, whatever it was, it wasn't to his liking.

Imagine how the players must have felt a few days later when we go to Reading only to revert to type in terms of tactics. It has to be demoralising. We saw a half hearted display at Reading where we were easily beaten, and two more poor displays on top of that. Johnson not featuring at all since Derby looks like the response of a petulant manager to me.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

By the way what's happened to Johnson since his Derby false 9 cameo ?

It's typical Mowbray. As he led the dressing room revolt against Derby at half-time he has now been side lined as have a few in the past. Mowbray and his I know best ego was well and truly deflated that night and in his eyes Johnson was the cause.

And also where is Davenport? Not in recent squads and I've seen no mention of him from our leader.

• Like 4

Johnson also falls into that category of senior player that Mowbray has tried to avoid here. The sort who have a long and relatively successful career behind him at similar or higher level clubs, promotions and accomplishments in the bag.

Mowbray doesn't like these sort because they will detect what a shambles this Club and Mowbray's management is and will also say something about it, because he will have one eye on the end of his career and doesn't need the money or have a long term future here anyway.

Mowbray much prefers the younger end players who owe their first team level status to him and who won't have experienced anything higher or better than playing in Rovers' first team. That way they won't question or undermine him.

I've certainly noticed a drop in the players over the last few weeks - even when we were struggling at places like Hull, Swansea and Sheff Utd I didn't detect any breakdown in relationships but in the last 3-4 games I have - just little things that are hard to identify but just seems to be less of a spirit on display.

A definite case again yesterday of the players not having a clue what we were supposed to be doing as the game went on and Mowbray started throwing subs on with little plan in mind.

I think everyone would benefit from a change, including Mowbray. But he's a stubborn one and thinks highly of himself so when the inevitable offer comes from India to stay on, because they can't be bothered getting anyone else, I'd be surprised if he turned it down. Then we will see players depart because they won't want to stay and endure another season of his management.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

A definite case again yesterday of the players not having a clue what we were supposed to be doing as the game went on and Mowbray started throwing subs on with little plan in mind.

Yep I agree. We shouldn't have started 3 at the back yesterday. I Didn't understand where we change to 2 number 10's with 2 wide strikers in the second half as that wasn't needed but We should have replace Dack for Nyambe and Buckley for Rothwell. 

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think everyone would benefit from a change, including Mowbray. But he's a stubborn one and thinks highly of himself so when the inevitable offer comes from India to stay on, because they can't be bothered getting anyone else, I'd be surprised if he turned it down. Then we will see players depart because they won't want to stay and endure another season of his management.

I think Mowbray need a change and I think he has realised it himself. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yep I agree. We shouldn't have started 3 at the back yesterday. I Didn't understand where we change to 2 number 10's with 2 wide strikers in the second half as that wasn't needed but We should have replace Dack for Nyambe and Buckley for Rothwell. 

I think Mowbray need a change and I think he has realised it himself. 

But we had all this last year. He was clearly fed up, out of ideas, looking like he wanted to be elsewhere. Then the season ended, he had a holiday and it all started again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But we had all this last year. He was clearly fed up, out of ideas, looking like he wanted to be elsewhere. Then the season ended, he had a holiday and it all started again.

several posters have said on here that the club talks to 4 different managers last summer but none agree to take over. So Mowbray wasn't sack. I think if you look at his comments post match to Reading away game in March 2021, he sounded like he knew his time was over at the club after that game. 

Also Waggott and Mowbray held talks after the Fulham 7 nil home defeat away him walking away but the win and performance against Sheffield United stop this happening

TM likes to be surrounded by yes men and young players that fits into all his methods and why he puts so much stock into recruiting guys he knows already.

Big characters  seem to terrify him and when he has them he basically lets them run the dressing room and team. Mulgrew, Smallwood etc until they cross him then they get the boot.

A stubborn old goat who'd rather see things fall away just to try and prove he was right, every frigging season we have this 1 in 10, 2 in 15, 4 in 17 stuff.  Yet kids in the BBE and middle aged sooperfans still try and flog this great manager line but he is anything but.

Competent for a midtable slog yes, good no way, whenever things go off kilter in the slightest he hasn't got the first clue what to do. His answer has always been rotate people around, throw players on for the sake of it and sign utility and back up men before anybody suited for a specific role.

If you split him in two like a stick of rock he'd have midtable written through the middle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

several posters have said on here that the club talks to 4 different managers last summer but none agree to take over. So Mowbray wasn't sack. I think if you look at his comments post match to Reading away game in March 2021, he sounded like he knew his time was over at the club after that game. 

Also Waggott and Mowbray held talks after the Fulham 7 nil home defeat away him walking away but the win and performance against Sheffield United stop this happening

Is this based on anything other than online rumour?

I mean if it is true the club spoke to numerous people last summer about taking over then this causes all sorts of issues - firstly why on earth persist with Mowbray if you have reached the point of actively speaking to alternatives?

Secondly what sort of a shambles are we if we can't even source a different manager even after going to the trouble of speaking to them and instead persist with the bloke we were trying to replace?

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Is this based on anything other than online rumour?

I mean if it is true the club spoke to numerous people last summer about taking over then this causes all sorts of issues - firstly why on earth persist with Mowbray if you have reached the point of actively speaking to alternatives?

Secondly what sort of a shambles are we if we can't even source a different manager even after going to the trouble of speaking to them and instead persist with the bloke we were trying to replace?

who says it was rumour. Several posters posted similar info on here. Posters who wouldn't posted gossip but would only post if they trusted their info was correct. 

Surely before sacking Mowbray you would want his replacement line up and ready to come in. That's would be quite normal for a football club to do imo and what I would do if I was owner of BRFC. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says it was rumour. Several posters posted similar info on here. Posters who wouldn't posted gossip but would only post if they trusted their info was correct. 

Surely before sacking Mowbray you would want his replacement line up and ready to come in. That's would be quite normal for a football club to do imo and what I would do if I was owner of BRFC. 

Just because a poster hears something it doesn't make it true.

In January a poster heard Rothwell was going to Burnley.

Last week a poster heard that we were giving up are Cat 1 status.

Both turned out to be untrue, I'm not doubting they are only posting what they have heard but you can't say for a fact that Rovers were sounding out other managers last season 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ideally you would yes, but that doesn't mean you stick with Mowbray after speaking to others and offering them the job. 

You decide Mowbray is done, you identify and speak to alternatives, and select one, then appoint them.

You don't decide Mowbray is done, speak to alternatives and then decide to stick with Mowbray for at least another 12 months.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Ideally you would yes, but that doesn't mean you stick with Mowbray after speaking to others and offering them the job. 

You decide Mowbray is done, you identify and speak to alternatives, and select one, then appoint them.

You don't decide Mowbray is done, speak to alternatives and then decide to stick with Mowbray for at least another 12 months.

The Chicken Chokers do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Just because a poster hears something it doesn't make it true.

In January a poster heard Rothwell was going to Burnley.

Last week a poster heard that we were giving up are Cat 1 status.

Both turned out to be untrue, I'm not doubting they are only posting what they have heard but you can't say for a fact that Rovers were sounding out other managers last season 

Who posted the info we were giving up on Cat 1 status? 

Just look at the people who posted the info and I would say they wouldn't just posted random rumours either. 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What happens if none of them was interested in job after finding the budget, etc. 

We agree that Mowbray should have replace before this season and we agree on right now that we need a new man in that seat for next season. We might have different opinions on who should replace Mowbray and how we should do but we agree on the number 1 issue here

I’m just reading an article about Erik Ten Hag in todays paper.

” If there are tough strictures off the field, however, there is plenty of room for creativity on it. Ajax’s right back Noussair Mazraoui regularly pops up in the central striker position, the left back Daley Blind is a false No10 and the right winger Steven Berghuis has been transformed into an all-rounder in midfield. The central defender Jurrien Timber and the goalkeeper Andre Onana cut out opponents with ease “. 

So now we know where he gets it from !

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

” If there are tough strictures off the field, however, there is plenty of room for creativity on it. Ajax’s right back Noussair Mazraoui regularly pops up in the central striker position, the left back Daley Blind is a false No10 and the right winger Steven Berghuis has been transformed into an all-rounder in midfield. The central defender Jurrien Timber and the goalkeeper Andre Onana cut out opponents with ease “. 

I believe that Erik Ten Hag hero and the one he wants to follow with his football philosophy is the Legend Johan Cruyff  

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

quote-football-is-a-simple-game-made-complicated-by-people-who-should-know-better-bill-shankly-60-3-0371.jpg.18749018a2e9c882e2dbf22035b594e7.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

dodgy???you need to go to an optician,there are plenty of people to blame for recent performances,scotty wharton certainly is`nt one of them

Blue and white blinkers on. I think he’s a decent enough defender. Very poor on the ball despite giving the impression of composure. Kaminski has bailed him out a couple of times lately after getting caught on the ball, early on yesterday being one of those occasions. He tried the same thing later on and nearly got caught out again.