BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I've read it numerous times and I'm not sure whether it's a quote from now or then. It's not very clear.

Yeh, it's not, because the LT write confusingly. But on reflection (and after not finding old quotes matching on google) I think it is from now. I think they were just recalling it as a time he was out of work before and how it affected him. They need a much better editor.

The director of football lines feel like throwaway comments to me. Nothing to worry about.

It's like somebody asking would you like a swimming pool in your back garden. "I guess it would be nice in the summer and the kids could spend as long as they want in it, but we prefer to go abroad as a family as we usually do and enjoy the pools that way".

He's a goner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

The director of football lines feel like throwaway comments to me. Nothing to worry about.

It's like somebody asking would you like a swimming pool in your back garden. "I guess it would be nice in the summer and the kids could spend as long as they want in it, but we prefer to go abroad as a family as we usually do and enjoy the pools that way".

He's a goner.

He does have a tendency to ramble about pointless tangents, so I was clinging to this hope also. He just waffles so much it's hard to tell what he really intends, and whether comments match his actual 'strategies' or are random brain farts he had during an interview.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You're so wrong. Any employer worth their salt would have told Mowbray (irrespective of how he performs) what the situation would be with regard to their deal. It really shows these people up for what they are. All this innuendo about them and the future is bollocks, they aren't bothered about Rovers and if you think differently that's your prerogative but don't try and convince us that they are any different now to when they walked in the door.

And as far as Rovers are concerned they are the 'idiots in Pune'.

Tony, what if the Club and Mowbray had previously agreed his situation would be discussed at the end of the playing season? (Whenever that was).

Secondly, as a point of order I have never tried to convince people that the owners are any different to when they walked in the door. All I did was report that other people were told some time ago about extremely promising changes in general were in the offing, which,if they had happened, would have possibly indicated a shift in the owners attitude.

I said a few weeks ago I personally couldn't see much evidence of those changes being put into effect (apart from the community work)

Nevertheless the people in question are still trying their best and if some posters on here knew the lengths they were going to (even as we speak) to try and help the Club they would hang their head in shame.

Whether the Club accepts or acts on this offer of help and assistance is a different matter entirely of course. You can take a horse to water and all that. However the help support and assistance is there if they want it.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

DOF can work if there is a proper plan in place for it but just creating a post to keep somebody happy is nonsense.

Remember Kenny ?

He really needs to be gone now asap that's the only solution i'm afraid. Sorry to disappoint his nut huggers on here but he himself has now made it impossible to stay in any capacity.

Yes 100% he should have had clarity months ago but again he himself said he wasn't bothered. He said they might be waiting to see where the team finish and he was relaxed about it.  Also said he'd made his mind up to leave quite a while ago, not factoring in it seems they'd decided they weren't going to offer him anything.

He's just doing damage limitation and as usual making it all about himself. The sooner Saturday is done the better.

Everybody needs a break from the Tony Mowbray bloody road show...including himself.

Aye, DoF should never be done as 'incumbent manager moves to DoF role'. It just undermines the authority of the new manager, as the guy previously running the ship is still hanging around and has some (what often seem poorly defined) powers. There is less confusion and split loyalties when someone comes from outside with a clearly strictly DoF brief.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nevertheless the people in question are still trying their best and if some posters on here knew the lengths they were going to (even as we speak) to try and help the Club they would hang their head in shame.

They would know, if you shared. Just saying.

2 videos part from BBC Lancs and to me he is leaving after the Birmingham City game. Nothing has changed and won't. He will be looking to get back into Football manager at some point next season but looking forward to his summer holidays with his parents and children. Good luck to him in the future.  

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

You’d stop going if they didn’t hire a manager you rate?

No, but I'd draw the line at having the p1ss taken out of me whilst expecting me to pay top end prices for the privilege.

I think we can safely say that is the case here and there's much more to this than merely picking a manager that might not be everyone's choice

6 hours ago, goozburger said:

Barry Lewtas has sneaked into the Sky Bet odds at 33/1. Liverpool U23s manager. Took over from Neil Critchley after he left for Blackpool.

The season ticket slogan (emphasising our academy)... The noises from Mowbray about developmental coaching... The cheapness of appointing a development manager... A number of things are making me lean towards a Johnson/Wilcox/Lewtas type of appointment. I'm often wrong, though. 🙃

I have to google that name and tbh if he can be as good as Neil Critchley has been at Blackpool great but would be huge risk here. 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Dyche's record and cv are far more impressive than Farke's.  Dyche has shown he can keep a team on limited resources in the PL - Farke failed in this respect at Norwich.  Dyche v Farke would be a no brainer for 99% of Rovers' fans.

I think Mrs D will wake up tomorrow morning and probably recall why she has put an alarm on her phone for Friday AM UK time!   

Firstly, we have to the PL before I am bothered about PL record. I have fully explained my reasons why I don't want Dyche here so please accepted them. 

Farke is the obvious candidate cos of his backing in youth development, He bought through a number of academy players into the Norwich first team squad, can work on a budget and plays good attacking football. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

52 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Regardless of what happens to Mowbray, talk of the likes of Farke seems fanciful when there appears to be zero communication between Ewood and Pune save for Suhail who hasn’t a bloody clue how to run a football club. 

I’m expecting TM to leave personally, but would wager that no bugger will be lined up for months. 

Wasn't Suhail manager of a biscuit factory before he came here? 

Where did the owners even find this guy from and then decide he is the man to run a football club 😂

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The hyperbole is necessary because he's been THAT bad a manager.

- Just finished with 17 points from 19 games to avoid getting in the play offs.

- Another record breaking run last season (for the wrong reasons)

- 2 very disappointing seasons before  that and various death spirals.

Yet some people still seem to think he's all right. I just don't get it. It's like they support Tony Mowbray and not the Club.

If you are intent on doing whatever you possibly can to make Mowbray seem both as incompetent and manipulative as possible, then yes you could make things seem as poor as possible, taking the particular runs of form that suit your agenda.

Equally I could go:

- Won Championship manager of the month due to good form in January 2019.

- Led us on a run of 6 wins amidst a run of 26 points from 10 games this winter to take us to 2nd in the league.

- Signed 2 strikers in Armstrong and Brereton for 10m, the former has already been sold for 15m and the latter will likely be sold for similar this summer.

Ultimately, neither set of barometers are fair, all that matters is where you finish at the end of the season, and Mowbray in his 4 full seasons post a promotion have been 15th, 11th, 15th and between 8th and 10th. Overall, "alright" or indeed words such as ok, decent, mediocre etc are all fair. We certainly dont have the resources or the wage budget of a top 6 side or close to that, no parachute payments either, so whilst its time for a change, I'd argue that comparing him unfavourably to Steve Kean and describing him as a "devious old bastard" rather than acknowledging that he has done ok but we need a change is more a suggestion of the sort of agenda you imply with your comment about supporting Mowbray.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nothing has changed and won't. He will be looking to get back into Football manager at some point next season

Fair enough, it's a good game, I just hope he knows it's addictive, and that Sam Gallagher at RB won't work there either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

You’d stop going if they didn’t hire a manager you rate?

I don't see why that's a problem - I've struggled going to Ewood every week to watch a Mowbray led side, and I'm not one of the 10k that has already walked away so I'm made of pretty stern stuff.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, andyroversmad said:

Wasn't Suhail manager of a biscuit factory before he came here? 

Where did the owners even find this guy from and then decide he is the man to run a football club 😂

He was a driver/chauffeur for them as well in a previous incarnation seemingly.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Unless you're referring to an older interview or some quotes are missing, no, he didn't say that.

What he said was:

"All the other stuff, directors of football, I don't know, I've never done that. Maybe for a thought, it would be nice to be involved in football but not have the pressure to win on Saturday.

"Obviously you want to win but it's not your fault, it's the manager's fault."

Which is clearly speculating on the positives of being a DoF.

He really is a legend in his own lunchtime.

I wish I had his apparently bullet proof self confidence.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you are intent on doing whatever you possibly can to make Mowbray seem both as incompetent and manipulative as possible, then yes you could make things seem as poor as possible, taking the particular runs of form that suit your agenda.

Equally I could go:

- Won Championship manager of the month due to good form in January 2019.

- Led us on a run of 6 wins amidst a run of 26 points from 10 games this winter to take us to 2nd in the league.

- Signed 2 strikers in Armstrong and Brereton for 10m, the former has already been sold for 15m and the latter will likely be sold for similar this summer.

Ultimately, neither set of barometers are fair, all that matters is where you finish at the end of the season, and Mowbray in his 4 full seasons post a promotion have been 15th, 11th, 15th and between 8th and 10th. Overall, "alright" or indeed words such as ok, decent, mediocre etc are all fair. We certainly dont have the resources or the wage budget of a top 6 side or close to that, no parachute payments either, so whilst its time for a change, I'd argue that comparing him unfavourably to Steve Kean and describing him as a "devious old bastard" rather than acknowledging that he has done ok but we need a change is more a suggestion of the sort of agenda you imply with your comment about supporting Mowbray.

Do Luton and Huddersfield have the resources or wage budget to be a top 6 side?

9 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Well that's an hour of my life I won't get back reading through the last god knows number of pages,

I'm quite perplexed where all the Vitriol is coming from aimed at Mowbray, He has stated in public there had been no conversation until today, and if anything that would of been a damage limitation chat from Swaggott who has a number of media outlets chasing him down for comments. He want's to be armed with "It was Tony's decision", nothing to see here, we are drawing up a list of replacements.

Nothing has changed since my last post, where this list of 6 has come from, that's the idiots probably at Ewood pretending they run the club!!!!!.

I'm 100% confident that the Rao's see Farke as their chosen man to move this forward, whilst they are also a little upset that they've come in for flack, for the lack of a chat with Mowbray given they pay people could money at Ewood including a PR Department and board members to address these matters.

History has its way of repeating itself at Rovers, and the Rao's do not like being made to look stupid by the incompetent at Ewood.

I'm hopeful that any further discussions with the new manager elect, is not done by the plonkers at Ewood, as they are as likely to blow it up, than to actually get it over the line.

If we go back in History, when Rovers where negotiating the signing of Jordan Rhodes, everything bar the finer details where done before the board got involved, only for them to allow 2 additional agents to get in on the action at the last minute meaning three parties got commissions on the deal. It may now be a new board, but BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING

And yet, all they appoint are incompetent people as backroom staff, managers, board members,  CEO etc.

They've been continuously doing it for 12 years. 

It can't mean that much to them when they make no steps to rectify it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Tony, what if the Club and Mowbray had previously agreed his situation would be discussed at the end of the playing season? (Whenever that was).

Secondly, as a point of order I have never tried to convince people that the owners are any different to when they walked in the door. All I did was report that other people were told some time ago about extremely promising changes in general were in the offing, which,if they had happened, would have possibly indicated a shift in the owners attitude.

I said a few weeks ago I personally couldn't see much evidence of those changes being put into effect (apart from the community work)

Whether the Club accepts or acts on this offer of help and assistance is a different matter entirely of course. You can take a horse to water and all that. However the help support and assistance is there if they want it.

Problem here Revidge, is whoever has been at Ewood over the last 12 years have all stated the very same things "Big changes are coming, honourable people, money provided for charities, Money and care provided for life saving operations, aid given that no-one knows about to the council, for the Cathedral in Blackburn, for local Mosque etc etc.

The community work is something that has always been done through the club and BRFC Community trust, its always been excellent, its just been promoted far more this season as news. As someone who officed for work at Ewood up until a few months ago, I've seen first hand the fantastic work the trust does, they are great people and open their doors for everyone.

Children going to Ewood, is something again the club has always done, the difference this time, is the sponsored coaches and partners to push through, and a dedicated community officer.

Now this "Hang their head in shame comment" what's that all about? Lots of people do things with the club, be that Mark at Envelope works that sponsors most of the matches, the fans forum who speak to club monthly, the various supporter groups who speak with the club, various corporate sponsors who are chucking money into many initiatives.

If people where transparent, then they would get support. Many very wealthy people have had meetings with various board members at Ewood, put together professional presentations offering help, assistance to the owners of this club. Many of which are supported by some very influential people both nationally and globally, some of which have met the Rao's but its all fallen on death ears and they have zero interest in engaging.

Their culture and class status, includes BRFC Employee's needing to bow in their presence, who can only speak when invited to do so.

I don't think there is a single person who does not want their best for Rovers in the supporter base, although there are many who do so to suit their own agenda, to gain traction to try and get on the board.

I look at it this way - Travel to London via Australia, or just go direct to London.

There is a lot of help out there in our supporter base, a lot of experience in dealing with the club, and a lot of learning from the experience.

I see things like promoting people to buy sponsorship at the club, which is very admirable, but the problem in that approach is you are leaving behind the most important stakeholders, which is the supporters, which without, the club cannot exist.

If the current board leave in a few weeks, does that mean all those efforts where for nothing? The reason I ask, is anybody further down the chain has zero influence or direct link to the owners.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

And yet, all they appoint are incompetent people as backroom staff, managers, board members,  CEO etc.

They've been continuously doing it for 12 years. 

It can't mean that much to them when they make no steps to rectify it.

I 100% agree, and until that changes, they will never move forwards.

I've seen first hand, how emails of "You've done well" have been forwarded to the owners, which gives the impression that those in power at Ewood have the support of the supporter base. The PR Machine, is a machine which they buy into

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The best way to attract new fans is to win more games which is why the sole factor should be managerial ability, nothing depresses fans less than not winning matches. Roy Keane is a great pundit but it doesn't directly translate as a manager.

Who's to say he wouldnt get results?  I guarantee he would get better reaults than many of the names bandied about on this thread.   The only names I would take over him would be Farke and Dyche. 

What did we average this season ? 12-14,000?  I'd say thats small.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XLM said:

"Honourable man"? It's just a guy saying he doesn't think he's getting a new contract. Stuff like this doesn't half get blown out of proportion either way.

If it was about "honour" then he would have chimed up to the press when the dysfunction at the club has affected the players he manages (with regards to contracts) or the supporters he represents (with transfer fees and just about everything else). He's been happy to toe the line with the owners when it's meant we have failed to achieve, supporters have stayed away in droves and players haven't been earning their market rate, but now it affects him and his livelihood he speaks out? Honour? Give over.

I look back to Peterbr away and PNE away more recently where the fans sang the managers name despite him falling short, despite him being unable to take this shit show of a club into the Premiership. 

21 people on social media make little difference in the grand scheme of things. 

The manager deserves better, the fans deserve better.

Venkys Out.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3