BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

It's easy to suss out what's going on.

What passes for Directors in Blackburn sift through candidates applying and contact one or two they might think suitable. Narrow it down to those who fit several different criteria then say they'll pass onto the owners and arrange interviews. Court a bit of publicity with all this and let the betting markets gather pace.

Meanwhile those with a direct line to the owners present their man, under cut the other favs for the job. Make a load of promises then in comes their man  ...35-1 left field.

Job done, pockets full of money for a nice drink.  Mr Balaji phones them up and tells them hes admired their work for years, even though they were actually on the scrap heap.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roverblue said:

Not a particularly inspiring list of candidates but I would really like someone with some passion to come in.

Misery guts Mowbray barely looks like he can motivate himself to get out of bed in a morning let alone get the team to make amazing comebacks or passionate performances. Some of his post match interviews and constant down playing of the side over the years has been a big negative in his tenure.

On that basis it would be a Ainsworth or Keane for me. Someone who actually wants to the here and doesn’t stand for anything less than 100%.

Whoever it is needs to bring an identity with them and recruit players to suit it fast. This would be the hard bit for any decent managers as don’t believe they will get any funding.

I was only thinking about this the other day. Say what you want about the results and who was worse in that respect but Mowbray is without a doubt the most miserable manager we’ve had. Also can the new man, whoever he is, talk Rovers up please and not the opposition.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

He does look like a dick no middle aged bloke should be stood on the touchline dressed like him.

He does though have a record for over achieving as opposed to Woodgate he hasn't done anything but get into jobs because of his bigger name.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I rather like Woodgate and whole lot better presented than Ozzy Ainsworth.

21.95% win rate at Middlesbrough and even though he did better at Bournemouth - he still lost 8 out of his 23 games there.

Avoid.

• Like 3

I'd rather keep Mowbray or have the return of Bowyer or Lambert than Woodgate or similar.

At least the above have shown they can keep our heads above water as a minimum which Woodgate wouldn't do.

8 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I disagree.  The club has a very small fanbase and anything to generate interest and new fans  and bums on seats is a good thing.  The club needs a lift.   More attention means more sponsorship money from shirt sponsors and others.  Appointing a no name z lister is not going to inspire fans let alone players.  The list of names being touted is nothing short of depressing,  And its not like he is any worse than anyone on that list.  He has won the championship before.  For me its worth a punt.

The club NOW has a very small engaged fan base due to a decade of mismanagement.

Why exacerbate that by bringing in a 'known' name over a competent manager?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, neophox said:

Why suggest Keane or Woodgate? What have they done? No way better than Mowbray.... Farke is my first choice.

He did take over a Sunderland side that had lost 5 out of their first 6 games and got them promoted as champions in the same season.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Madon said:

Benni McCarthy has just publicly declared his interest on Twitter when replying to me. It'll be in his 'tweets and replies' section.

that would be hilarious, him in charge with Samba, Mokoena, Pedersen and Tugay part of the coaching team.

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Woodgate wouldn't be my choice, just like him.  

image.thumb.png.6471bfe227d52ad7c4e61c0fa841a810.png

I like the guy who does my Amazon prime deliveries but I wouldn’t give him the job 😂

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I agree with you. These owners and their hangers on have turned us into the forgotten club. Out of the spotlight, not talked about, maybe deliberately so and to the liking of a few behind the scenes.

Getting Keane here would be the boost we need, IMO. The attention the club would suddenly get would be huge. I was watching an interview he did with Gary Neville for a Sky podcast or something. He's really determined to get things right at his next club. It's not as if he is a bad manager and he has the mentality that many of us have been slating Mowbray for not having.

I would certainly take Keane ahead of the likes of Adkins, Woodgate, and a host of other miserable names in the frame. Sadly, it's not likely to happen though, as the cowards backstage will shudder at the thought of him being here and Keane wouldn't put up with any of the nonsense that goes on here.

It would certainly be quite the culture shock down at camp brockhall. At least we would have a better idea of what shambles behind the scenes is going on as I’m sure he wouldn’t go quietly 

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Because...?

He hadn't been here long before he wanted a reunion with Mourinho and sulked like the clappers when he didn't get his dream move.

From looking a great buy, stopped trying and, judging by his girth, stopped training as well. 

You must know all this surely?

• Like 2

On 03/05/2022 at 15:23, roversfan99 said:

😂 I have "accepted" it. The total lack of clarity coming from Venkys even since he as good as announced it himself plus the general lack of clarity and transparency on top of the way the club has been run across 12 terrible years tells me NOT to expect a plan. There is no way that 6 targets have been identified pending imminent interviews.

Do you think that Venkys even know that Mowbray is leaving?

Of course the owners will know what Mowbray has said and he has said he is leaving. 

I gave my opinion who I thought would be on our 6 man shortlist

On 03/05/2022 at 15:32, Miller11 said:

You stand rigidly by your comments and repeat them ad nauseum, but frequently something gives and you end up doing a complete u turn and shouting about something else for dozens of posts a day.

You’ve arbitrarily decided that the club need to interview 6 people for a managers job, you’ve even decided who those 6 should be. Presumably because this mirrors your own experiences in your working life you think it’s the best/only way for us to go about appointing someone into a role as high profile as Rovers manager. You then convince yourself that this is absolutely what is happening and get mad when anyone suggests that this might not be the way things actually pan out.

You obviously want Farke, so if the decision makers at the club felt the same, why interview 5 other people? It’s not to get them to run through their CV is it? Managers accomplishments or otherwise are pretty public. What would Lee Johnson have to say in his interview to jump to the top of the pile ahead of Farke?

That Dingle comment doesn’t come as much of a surprise considering the small minded views you often portray and your completely insular views on everything.

Not at all. 

6 man shortlist was mention by Alan Nixon, so I have used that information. 

I see no reasons not to interview 6 candidates then pick the best candidate. Why not interview all the candidates? 

All depends on their demands and wishes in relates to your Johnson question. 

My dingle comments is small minded views? really, I could turn it around saying that focusing on ex dingle manager is small minded But Instead I respect each Rovers opinion

On 03/05/2022 at 16:41, Mercer said:

I have asked you this before.

You are lying in a hospital bed in need of a life saving operation and the consultant surgeon is not only an avid Burnley supporter but also a director of the club.

Would you let this 'Dingle' operate on you and save your life or would you pass away thinking at least I had nothing to do with a 'Dingle'.

I could not give a toss whether our next manager is black, white, brown, yellow, catholic, protestant, ex Burnley, ex Preston or indeed ex any football club - the only thing we need to be concerned about is his ability to bring success.

Time for you to move and actually accept my opinion on the ex dingle manager. 

On 03/05/2022 at 21:40, dallydally said:

Farke to be announced at the weekend. You heard it here first!

I hope so. Good step forward and ambitious appointment. 

22 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Lenihan will stay. No doubt about it! 

Given his comments at the players award night, I think there is a good chance he will same. 

16 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Bell was dog shit here. End of. 3/4/5/6/7/8 have 9 at the back if you want; he was still shit. Can’t defend and can’t attack.

1000% correct

Edited by chaddyrovers