BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

23 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I wouldnt expect a formal announcement of the new manager for at least 4 weeks. What i do expect is more departures first.

4 weeks 🤣

What a shambles we are. 

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

’You do know that infrastructure and maintenance spend are exempt from FFP, so why is Ewood falling to bits?’

I find that so sad. Sad that they took over a fantastic stadium (IMO) and just allowed it to fall into the state it is. 
Looking after the stadium is the least they should have done. There again, they were planning to break up the beautiful Academy training ground as well.

I know they are the owners and do put cash in but you could be forgiven for thinking that deep down they have no pride in their club.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

Pete was being sarcastic chaddy

I know he was as I know Pete outside the forum but he made a fair point that some people think we can't do better than Mowbray whether its on social media sites, etc and I find its annoying and very negative on our club and we should be aiming for better and promotion within 2 years of any managerial appointment. 

45 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I wouldnt expect a formal announcement of the new manager for at least 4 weeks. What i do expect is more departures first.

Aren't the players back in 4 and half weeks time for pre season? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Butty said:

I know you’ve got to take the betting odds with a pinch of salt but Simon Grayson is into 3/1 from 25/1 yesterday. Someone’s putting some money on him! What an absolutely awful appointment that would be. Can’t think of many worse. 

Daniel Farke, Gareth Ainsworth, Damien Johnson and Phillip Cocu have all drifted out whilst Carlos Carvalhal, Duncan Ferguson, Liam Manning and Simon Grayson have all drifted in. 

Screenshot (27).png

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Daniel Farke, Gareth Ainsworth, Damien Johnson and Phillip Cocu have all drifted out whilst Carlos Carvalhal, Duncan Ferguson, Liam Manning and Simon Grayson have all drifted in. 

Screenshot (27).png

(Not aimed at you chaddy) but what’s with the obsession on here of what the odds are saying? 

It’s bet driven and it’s just betting companies making money from each other. Of all the sources, betting markets are the worst. Unless sky bet somehow have a reliable tie to the Venky’s, something which our own CEO doesn’t.

If 5 of us on here lumped £100 on Jimmy Carr he’d be down at 10’s before long.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Yes, he was excellent at Blackpool, Leeds and Preston, and also got Huddersfield up in his sort time there.

I wouldn't hold his Sunderland spell against him as everyone struggles there and they were a sinking ship when he went in but since then it has been a succession of ill fated spells.

I wouldn't describe him as a failure at Bradford, Blackpool and Fleetwood, but certainly nothing there to warrant getting the Rovers job.

He always had Glyn Snodin and Ian Miller on his coaching staff until those most recent couple of jobs when he has worked instead with Dunny. Not blaming Dunny for the downturn but sometimes managers just aren't the same after losing their right hand man.

I think your post on Grayson is fair and balanced. Wouldn't be the right manager for us now. Pre Coyle, I think he was the right man for us but not now. 

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He's also popped up as a studio 'guest' for a couple of our recent Sky fixtures.

Be afraid.

Like Miller11 said, Grayson was like touting himself for the manager job here. 

• Like 2

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this. I know most will say take no notice, but for it to get to that stage they will have taken plenty of bets.

Makes me feel a bit reassured that maybe they're more of a basket-case than we are again?

image.png

Grayson wouldn't be the worst. In fact 5 years ago this would have been a great appointment. Successful in his time but worried that his time has pretty much passed on. I mean anyone who buys Steele has to be a tad suspect. That said 4 promotions is more than most or the people who have been appointed by Venkys so it could be much worse. 

• Like 1

Further to my post above, I’ll try find the tweet. But when Jordan Rhodes was here I tried to prove a point on a Facebook group of how easy the odds are to manipulate. I put a fake tweet out on deadline day one year that Rhodes was on his way to Benfica on loan. Completely made up. Got my mates to retweet it and get some attention, an hour later SkyBet had Benfica as second favourites for his next club and it was mentioned on the transfer centre that ‘sky sources’ understood Benfica were weighing up a late move. 

If you’re watching the odds for an inclination of our next boss you’re gonna be in for a long 4 weeks.

11 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

(Not aimed at you chaddy) but what’s with the obsession on here of what the odds are saying? 

It’s bet driven and it’s just betting companies making money from each other. Of all the sources, betting markets are the worst. Unless sky bet somehow have a reliable tie to the Venky’s, something which our own CEO doesn’t.

If 5 of us on here lumped £100 on Jimmy Carr he’d be down at 10’s before long.

People will put bets on what they have heard or read from ITK's or what others are saying. 

I did put a bet on Farke to be our next manager at 20/1. Based on what Glen Mullan posted on here. Also backed Carlos Carvalhal at 25/1 when Nixon said he was interested in the job here. I have gone for a few outsiders including Grayson. I backed Grayson cos of that TV studio appearance at Rovers game with PNE

But the right appointment is Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal with a director of football above them. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Further to my post above, I’ll try find the tweet. But when Jordan Rhodes was here I tried to prove a point on a Facebook group of how easy the odds are to manipulate. I put a fake tweet out on deadline day one year that Rhodes was on his way to Benfica on loan. Completely made up. Got my mates to retweet it and get some attention, an hour later SkyBet had Benfica as second favourites for his next club and it was mentioned on the transfer centre that ‘sky sources’ understood Benfica were weighing up a late move. 

If you’re watching the odds for an inclination of our next boss you’re gonna be in for a long 4 weeks.

That's actually brilliant. But fully expect more betting odds posts to be made in the next few weeks. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

People will put bets on what they have heard or read from ITK's or what others are saying. 

I did put a bet on Farke to be our next manager at 20/1. Based on what Glen Mullan posted on here. Also backed Carlos Carvalhal at 25/1 when Nixon said he was interested in the job here. I have gone for a few outsiders including Grayson. I backed Grayson cos of that TV studio appearance at Rovers game with PNE

But the right appointment is Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal with a director of football above them. 

Why Carvahal, may I ask... what's he done in his managerial career? Spent £37m in 3 seasons at Sheff Wed with £1.22m of outgoings in that entire time. £10m of that was on Rhodes who would have been MASSIVE wages as well.  £5.3m on Adam Reach who's hardly done anything since... Gary Hooper and a few random players from Portugal.   No wonder they're in a mess financially.

20 jobs in 24 years as a manger...  what case can you really make for him?  Genuinely interested to know if I've missed something.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

We have a manager under contract who is leaving.

People tap up managers, players, directors all the time.

Names are thrown in the mix all the time.

I heard about Farke on the 19th March, and briefly pointed to it on that date on BRFCS.

People were convinced TM was staying.

Then the market for the new manager came out on who is top of the list when it came out? Yep that be Farke the very same manager who I was told had been identified by India as the chosen one.

The search for a manager starts now statement aint exactly going to say it started months ago is it now?

I have not seen a single local journalist have a scoop since Andy Cryer left, and the only one that does seem to get close is Nixon, who does have a wealth of connections.

If you are relying on dumb n dumber at Ewood, you would be waiting a long time, they dont even know if they still have jobs.

Over the years I've seen some pretty good reporting on BRFCS but most dont bother now as they just get grief if it doesnt happen in the timescale some expect.

Hope you're right Glen and that it is Waggott next out the door. He is a complete liability and should never have been anywhere near the club. 

• Like 9

I agree that betting markets have to be taken with caution but when a lot of money suddenly goes on somebody and odds come tumbling down it’s either itk’ers or from somebody bullshitting but although mowbray might have came from left field late in the day, the norm is that one name will come tumbling down and into favourite then appointed soon after so it’s worth keeping an eye on in my book

19 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Why Carvahal, may I ask... what's he done in his managerial career? Spent £37m in 3 seasons at Sheff Wed with £1.22m of outgoings in that entire time. £10m of that was on Rhodes who would have been MASSIVE wages as well.  £5.3m on Adam Reach who's hardly done anything since... Gary Hooper and a few random players from Portugal.   No wonder they're in a mess financially.

20 jobs in 24 years as a manger...  what case can you really make for him?  Genuinely interested to know if I've missed something.

Had a pretty good 2 years at Braga, winning a cup and getting to the final of the other.

Prior to that he took a relatively unknown Portuguese team to the Europa League with their best ever points total.

He bounced around a lot early doors but for perspective 5 clubs in the last 10 years is hardly crazy in the current climate, and that's with no time off between really. 3 seasons with Istanbul, 2.5 with Wednesday, 0.5 with Swansea (his shortest spell given their PL relegation), 1 at Rio Ave, which was a success and subsequently has led to the last 2 seasons at Braga. For comparison Rovers have gone through 8 managers in that space of time (including Mowbray for 5 of the 10 years!)

He wouldn't be my first choice, but 2 playoff finishes with Wednesday (yes after spending a lot), as well as a successful 3 years in Portugal since, you can't say he he hasn't done anything to justify being a candidate for a mid-table Championship team.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I was wondering this as well.

Don't know a lot about the guy, but he appears to have had 19 different jobs, only 3 of which have lasted more than 50 games.

His successes all seem to have been in Portugal and nothing particularly outstanding when he's been at Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesn't make sense that he was expecting to go and we went as far as interviewing 2 other managers whilst he was still employed before then allowing him to carry on for 14 more months. Where is this from?

He said last year the famous 'we'll see what happens' in regards to summer and 'do they invest, do they go with a younger team or do they want someone else to come in and have a go'.

So not beyond the realms that they knew the clock was ticking especially when they'd just delivered a very poor season overall. Stuff like this happens in football all the time they are just employees remember and they are all dispensable at some point. 

Having been sacked or similar from his last 3 positions he would know the signs very well.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

He did a good job at Sheffield Wednesday including 2 top 6 finish/playoff place. 

He has head coach there and he had director of football/transfer committee above him signing the players. 

Alot of foreign coaches are head coaches and they like to work with a director of football so if you are going to appoint a Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal then you will need a director of football aswell

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Yes, I think he’s learned to keep his fascism private 😂 He was retweeting random Tommy Robinson tweets, (enough said).

He was supportive of Kean, but I think that’s understandable as he still played for the club at that time.

He was also generally active on Twitter in support of Mowbray during death spirals.

Dunn is a classic old boys club example he bigs himself up as Mr Rovers and a fan then goes against general feeling every time to back his mates.

Best pals with Orr allegedly and was assumed to be the one taking the photo of his mocking the badge.

Feck him.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Dunn is a classic old boys club example he bigs himself up as Mr Rovers and a fan then goes against general feeling every time to back his mates.

Best pals with Orr allegedly and was assumed to be the one taking the photo of his mocking the badge.

Feck him.

Yep. Sadly Dunny is now yesterday's man. We need tomorrow man, today 🙂

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He did a good job at Sheffield Wednesday including 2 top 6 finish/playoff place. 

He has head coach there and he had director of football/transfer committee above him signing the players. 

Alot of foreign coaches are head coaches and they like to work with a director of football so if you are going to appoint a Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal then you will need a director of football aswell

Seemingly he didn't succeed with an expensively assembled Sheff Wed side, not just transfer fees but also on wages - Barry Bannan for example, Aidan McGeady, Callum McMannaman.  Whether his signings or not, he was there to get them promoted and failed.

@supernikohas made a good case for his recent record, so not all lost - I was just surprised to see you put him as your preferred choice alongside Farke.

Edited by Jimmy612