BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, rover23 said:

So of the 8 interviewed it’s certainly Carvalhal, Fergusson and Carrick. Nixon claims Beale too. 

I also have a ‘hunch’ that Dyche was one of the last to be interviewed (Friday) 

You would also think that despite what it says in the LT, you can have preliminary talks with in work managers but in order for them to progress then you need to contact the club, so it wouldn’t surprise if Ainsworth and Manning were included in the 8. 

Dyche won’t work for Rovers out of respect for the Dingles. It’s a complete non starter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

exactly. We are getting closer to appointing someone and I'm not sure Sharpe knows that matter tbh, 

We’re not getting much closer, our shortlist of 5 is getting bigger not smaller!

• Like 7

Just now, J*B said:

Dyche won’t work for Rovers out of respect for the Dingles. It’s a complete non starter. 

Respect for the owners that he had a big argument with and that sacked him? Interesting take. 

• Like 2

Just now, rover23 said:

Respect for the owners that he had a big argument with and that sacked him? Interesting take. 

The new owners are 18 months (?) of his Burnley legacy. It’s everything before that which stops him wanting to deal with Rovers specifically. 

• Like 1

It could be irrelevant who we have interviewed or who is interested anyway.

As we saw with Warnock we can get the best man for the job lined up and agreed only for other parties to change things at the last minute.

So even if our list is Farke, Carvalhal, Dyche and Santo and all are willing to come here it might not matter if someone else decides otherwise and Adkins or Woodgate get the job instead.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

No nearer ? If 8 have been interviewed of course they are nearer to making an appointment 

How can we be nearer to an appointment if we are going to approach managers already in work? If that process is to happen then we are no nearer to making an appointment.

Surely you can understand that will just delay the appointment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

The new owners are 18 months (?) of his Burnley legacy. It’s everything before that which stops him wanting to deal with Rovers specifically. 

I believe he was one of the 2/3 candidates who entered the race last minute so perhaps a change of heart. 

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Who has confirmed we have interviewed Duncan Ferguson and Michael Beale?!

Read Nixon article. Look at Mercer's post on here regarding Ferguson plus I have seen different people on other social media suggested he has been interviewed. Plus I was tweeting Alan Myers last week and he answered every question apart from my question about whether Duncan Ferguson wanted the Rovers head coach job. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The Telegraph might be correct and others might be wrong. 

If those names you've produced are correct then it shows there is no rhyme nor reason to this search, its just scattergun.

LT will report what the clubs want and not do any exclusive. When was the last time they broke any sort of exclusive story? 

on those names I mention, most have a background in bringing through youth development or bring young players into the first team.  

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’re not getting much closer, our shortlist of 5 is getting bigger not smaller!

If we have interviewed 8 candidates already then I would suggest we have number 1 choice or maybe 2 or 3 you now want to second interview before making a recommendation to the owners and appointing him this week. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ll skip if the sources are Nixon and Mercer if it’s all the same Chaddy! I’ll stick with @Bbrovers2288 @unleaded and @glen9mullan

well @Bbrovers2288has actually mention Duncan Ferguson name. Plus he also mention we spoken to in work league 1 manager and our of work championship coach. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

If we have interviewed 8 candidates already then I would suggest we have number 1 choice or maybe 2 or 3 you now want to second interview before making a recommdation to the owners and appointing him this week. 

It’s not really how it works, or at least how I understand it.  The decision on the manager will be made by Pasha, the whole ‘recommendation to the owners’ is simply a case of them being introduced and green lighting it. Once upon a time they had more input, but that was during the ‘He who shall not be named’ era before they had their own man on the ground 

Whoever Pasha recommends they will appoint. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s not really how it works, or at least how I understand it.  The decision on the manager will be made by Pasha, the whole ‘recommendation to the owners’ is simply a case of them being introduced and green lighting it. Once upon a time they had more input, but that was during the ‘He who shall not be named’ era before they had their own man on the ground 

How did Coyle sneak in then? He must've been recommended to Pasha. I had always assumed the unnamed weasel had a direct line in to the Venky bloke with the tits.. 

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Aren't Pasha and Waggott close and get on, so you would think both are interviewing these candidates. I don't mind us interviewing a number of candidates at all and actually think its gives you a proper choice. Now we need to identify a number 1 choice or 2 or 3 candidates for second interviews before making a recommendation/appointment who to appoint this week.

For me, this appointment need to made before the weekend. Which then allow the new head coach a week or so to bring in staff and organised the pre season training and maybe 1 or 2 more pre season friendlies 

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

How did Coyle sneak in then? He must've been recommended to Pasha. I had always assumed the unnamed weasel had a direct line in to the Venky bloke with the tits.. 

Pasha makes ALL the big decisions. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

on those names I mention, most have a background in bringing through youth development or bring young players into the first team.  

Which of the names you mentioned have a proven background in that area?

The way I see it is that any decent manager will do those things IF the players are good enough. What we don't want is a manager that focuses on individuals to the detriment of results.

Willem Tomlinson made his debut under Coyle, Adam Henley under Kean. Neither of those people should have been anywhere near the job of managing this club yet both could show they had 'brought through youth'.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

....before gaslighting the rest of us about the quality of the process used to select the next chump in the hot seat.

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Will Suhail bother recommending Carvalhal to the owners? His appointment would be ambitious, but his wages, staff, and transfer kitty will likely put us on the wrong side of FFP if it doesn't work out.

I'm not sure how close we are to breaking FFP rules again. Maybe a Brereton sale, the Armstrong sale, and the STC sale gives us some money to play with. Maybe someone with the numbers can enlighten me.

Thought Carvalhal was in advance talks with another club.

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So we have interviewed Duncan Ferguson and Michael Beale who are both in work and some people said on here on and other social media sites that Rovers have spoken to Liam Manning so The LT is technically not correct IMO cos we have spoken to in work people. 

The other names IMO we have spoken are Carlos Carvalhal, Phillip Cocu, Nuno Santo, Jonathon Woodgate and Chris Hughton

As always in most aspects of life, the devil is in the detail!!!!

Sharpe says "should Rovers look to speak with in-work managers".  Well neither Ferguson nor Beale is currently a manager and therefore do not fall into that category!!!!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s baffling to me that people think Dyche is even in the running

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I’ll skip if the sources are Nixon and Mercer if it’s all the same Chaddy! I’ll stick with @Bbrovers2288 @unleaded and @glen9mullan

I will challenge  @Bbrovers2288 @unleaded @glen9mullan  or @alderson777or anyone else you want to name on this MB to say with 100% certainty Ferguson HAS NOT been interviewed.

Ferguson wouldn't necessarily be my choice but my information is he has been interviewed, is a favoured candidate and has real heavyweight backing from a number of people and one in particular (who might raise eyebrows).

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1