BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

19 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I'm not so sure I believe those rumours to be honest. 

There's an argument both were waiting to see what league we were in, and/or if they got any better offers from elsewhere. As far as we know there hasn't been much talk of offers coming to fruition.

Unless Mowbray is a bare faced liar (possible tbf) he had a good relationship with both, not so sure on Rothwell as he seemed to like having sly digs at him, plus I think he definitely wanted out himself.

He's had digs at Nyambe as well, but I can understand where Tony was coming from even though I always felt both of them were grossly mismanaged. They have the potential to lit this league on fire if they improve their end product, and for Rothwell put in consistent performances in his favourite position. When you see them in training on a daily basis and they can't reproduce the goods on the competitive pitch then it has to be a bit frustrating to watch.

I think his relationship with Darragh is/was excellent and Nyambe by reports is a quiet lad who gets his head down and works hard, so it's more the agent(s) at work here that's been the issue. Hopefully an inspired Farke can convince them both to stay on.

Thanks to everyone who has posted what they have heard about our head coach search and who has been interviewed or not over the past month or so. I know Glen Mullan has me ignore but thanks to him for posting the info he has tho also

If we do appoint Farke then I would be very happy with this decision and its appears that the owners/club/management has learnt that we need a quality manager if we want promotion which is what we should be aiming for under Farke. Yes it might take a couple years to get promote under him. I think he would deffo suit out squad and I think we need 6 signings of quality this summer to take us to that next step of promotion. A right back if Nyambe doesn't re-sign, centre back, 2 midfielders, left winger and goalscorer. 

I will take it we will be appointing a director of football to work with him as Farke is more of head coach then traditional British Manager. At Norwich, he had Stuart Webber who sorting our recruitment and he made quality signings cos of the quality of the recruitment department. 

I would expect Farke will bring his 2 or 3 trusted staff with him. I also wonder if he will go back for Bobby Mimms as GK coach from Norwich where he is working with their youth teams. 

10 hours ago, blondie said:

Would Carvalhal or Farke need a work permit?

interesting question but I think Farke would still UK settlement status here from his time at Norwich. And do he ever actually move to Russia and did his family move with him. 

Carvalhal has gone to the UAE now. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt make sense that Venkys are interviewing people then passing them back down to those on the ground, whilst allowing them to interview others themselves. Seems illogical and inefficient even for owners as bad as ours.

I agree with this and its annoying and shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Rovers owners and CEO need to be working in partnership. If Waggott has know about the Farke talks or has even been part of the them then fair enough. If he hasn't then I see its hard for him to have any sort of relationship with the new guy surely cos he didn't actually interview or appoint him. 

8 hours ago, Butty said:

Do Al Wahda play in Blue and White? Reports suggesting Carvalhal is taking over there on a one year deal. Sorry to bring this post back up Chadster but I did say it could bite you in the arse. At least you can go back to your original pick for the job which was Farke. 😉 We all need to pray Farke gets the gig now as the rest of the names linked are absolute shite. David Unsworth and Duncan Ferguson? As Roy Keane would say, Do me a favour! 

Yes correct that Carvalhal has gone to the UAE. I'm quite disappointed that Rovers haven't managed to appoint him as I think he would be great fit for the club. 

Hopefully Farke comes in now. 

I am open mind on other possible candidates but I have notice one deffo thing about our search for a new head coach is we haven't use the same ways as before

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So starting to look like it is Farke or bust for me.

There are a few small but intriguing names the rest are nothing short of abysmal.

I just hope they have a plan here because I'm getting a feeling of deja vu and expect some horrendous name to get the job just before pre season starts.

Hopefully its Farke.

QPR are set to appoint Villa coach Michael Beale as their next coach now after a similar lengthy process to ourselves and speaking to several different candidates there

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well, if Glen's right the "Billionaire owners" have far bigger fish to fry than Carvalhal.

👍

@RevidgeBlue I'm not sure many bigger fish than Carvalhal are swimming in todays Blackburn Rovers pond.

Here is a manger coming from Portuguese Premier league, Cup winners, Europa League last season and a side that played some great football.

When push comes to shove, money talks, backroom staff wages and a transfer budget. Although nothing has been decided yet, this has a stench of cheap bastards to me, cheapest option incoming, watch this space.

Edited by Gav

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

@RevidgeBlue I'm not sure many bigger fish than Carvalhal are swimming in todays Blackburn Rovers pond.

Here is a manger coming from Portuguese Premier league, Cup winners, Europa League last season and a side that played some great football.

When push comes to shove, money talks, backroom staff wages and a transfer budget. Although nothing has been decided yet, this has a stench of cheap bastards to me, cheapest option incoming, watch this space.

Inclined to agree. Suspect there was interest from both sides on Carvalhal and indeed he ticked most boxes for us. But as expected when it came to getting the deal done it required binning off the existing coaching staff, bringing in his team and paying them all good money, suspect sent us looking elsewhere...

Love to be proven wrong on this but not confident in the slightest. The priority here has always been cheap, easy and grateful. Farke and Carvalhal would not be. Unsworth, Adkins, Woodgate, Ferguson and the rest of the list would be.

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

At the end of the day Carvalhal has also apparently chosen to go and work in the UAE. A nothing league. It stinks of a lack of ambition.

A lot of people seem to have come to the conclusion that this is down to Rovers. But the truth is none of us know what discussions have been had. There are rumours he has been offered £3m+ a year to work there, which is over 3x the amount a Rovers manager will be on. Could it not simply be that Carvalhal wanted a pay day as opposed to some breakdown in the appointment process?

I want to reiterate again - he might be going to the UAE. We haven't lost him to a more proactive rival. It's money and money alone that makes professionals go there. I'm not overly bothered - if he'd rather compete for a pathetic league title like that as opposed to work in the most competitive leagues in the world then well done to him. He'll have his payday. We will move on.

yep, bullet dodged

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks to everyone who has posted what they have heard about our head coach search and who has been interviewed or not over the past month or so. I know Glen Mullan has me ignore but thanks to him for posting the info he has tho also

If we do appoint Farke then I would be very happy with this decision and its appears that the owners/club/management has learnt that we need a quality manager if we want promotion which is what we should be aiming for under Farke. Yes it might take a couple years to get promote under him. I think he would deffo suit out squad and I think we need 6 signings of quality this summer to take us to that next step of promotion. A right back if Nyambe doesn't re-sign, centre back, 2 midfielders, left winger and goalscorer. 

I will take it we will be appointing a director of football to work with him as Farke is more of head coach then traditional British Manager. At Norwich, he had Stuart Webber who sorting our recruitment and he made quality signings cos of the quality of the recruitment department. 

I would expect Farke will bring his 2 or 3 trusted staff with him. I also wonder if he will go back for Bobby Mimms as GK coach from Norwich where he is working with their youth teams. 

interesting question but I think Farke would still UK settlement status here from his time at Norwich. And do he ever actually move to Russia and did his family move with him. 

Carvalhal has gone to the UAE now. 

I agree with this and its annoying and shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Rovers owners and CEO need to be working in partnership. If Waggott has know about the Farke talks or has even been part of the them then fair enough. If he hasn't then I see its hard for him to have any sort of relationship with the new guy surely cos he didn't actually interview or appoint him. 

Yes correct that Carvalhal has gone to the UAE. I'm quite disappointed that Rovers haven't managed to appoint him as I think he would be great fit for the club. 

Hopefully Farke comes in now. 

I am open mind on other possible candidates but I have notice one deffo thing about our search for a new head coach is we haven't use the same ways as before

Hopefully its Farke.

QPR are set to appoint Villa coach Michael Beale as their next coach now after a similar lengthy process to ourselves and speaking to several different candidates there

Doesnt make sense to me. Even Venkys wouldnt surely delegate interviews to Waggott and co aside from Farke and if that was the case, why would he then even need that interview with Waggott, if he has side stepped the general interview rat race?

Ultimately, until those bastards stop running this club, it seemingly will never be run normally and efficiently. Why cant they just get good qualified people in high positions and delegate properly?

Id be pleasantly surprised if Farke was appointed and even more so if we had a reasonable transfer budget. The latest likely manager rumour changes with the wind and there have been 4 in 24 hours, the key is not to get carried away until someone finally is appointed on the official website. Up until then its all conflicting gossip and much of it is unfounded. 

If you could give the "x's blue and white army" treatment to a few less favourable candidates like Unsworth, Ferguson and Grayson, hopefully that will jinx them out of the running!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tricky said:

yep, bullet dodged

Why go anywhere on a 12 month deal as well? Probably explains the number of clubs he’s had although have to admit wouldn’t have minded him here. Got to be all out for Farke now, if not him Manning would be my choice

• Like 1

I've watched bits of the UAE pro league, purely for betting purposes.

Honestly, there's lads on here who would walk in most teams, its utterly terrible.

If Carvalhal want's to go there to make a decent wedge for a years 'work' that's on him, I don't think you can really blame our recruitment process for that.  It's quite simple - his decision is purely financial.  His track record for time spent at clubs is pretty alarming if you ask me.  Good work if you can get it mind......

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Enough of this manager talk, back to the topic at hand, forum ads 

I’m over in Orlando at the moment and just checking in on how things have moved on in the last couple of weeks and get greeted by this monstrosity that takes up silly amounts of screen real estate - plus hasn’t Bernie been dead a good decade?

https://ibb.co/JcbZ4kY

I understand the need fo ads, but yeh have to agree that lately they've beem making it very hard to navigate and interact with the forumsat times! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

At the end of the day Carvalhal has also apparently chosen to go and work in the UAE. A nothing league. It stinks of a lack of ambition.

A lot of people seem to have come to the conclusion that this is down to Rovers. But the truth is none of us know what discussions have been had. There are rumours he has been offered £3m+ a year to work there, which is over 3x the amount a Rovers manager will be on. Could it not simply be that Carvalhal wanted a pay day as opposed to some breakdown in the appointment process?

I want to reiterate again - he might be going to the UAE. We haven't lost him to a more proactive rival. It's money and money alone that makes professionals go there. I'm not overly bothered - if he'd rather compete for a pathetic league title like that as opposed to work in the most competitive leagues in the world then well done to him. He'll have his payday. We will move on.

Yep, definitely seems to be proving early suspicions right(regarding his nomadic career) that although he maybe a talented coach he is just completely out for himself. 

We need someone that leads by example and is willing to seriously commit and give 💯 to the club for the next few years.

For all Mowbrays many faults in recent years, nobody can argue that he wasn't giving his all for the club on & off the field. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

I was never keen on Carlos Managerball. He's had too many clubs and is clearly motivated only by (tax free) money. No one goes to manage in the UAE for any other reason. I think we can forget about Farke too; he's clearly going to cost the club too much money

So then you're looking at the alternatives and I have to say none of them inspire me much. The likes of Ferguson I wouldn't touch with a bargepole

The title of this thread is pertinent. It's obvious we're going to be lumbered with another Mowbray type - relatively cheap and easy and someone desperate for a job. And process is likely to continue throughout the summer, giving the new man little time to prepare for the new season

So much for the "plan"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Or... it's a small enough market and the 38 people that liked Glen's post from yesterday put a few quid on?

Possibly! Although 14s to now 2s in less than a day is an eye catching move in any market. 

Edited by david brent
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

For all Mowbrays many faults in recent years, nobody can argue that he wasn't giving his all for the club on & off the field. 

i agree, he was too nice though, lets be honest, a great boss, arm round your shoulder type, let you get away with murder far too regularly...it's time for a mean looking scary sounding sinister german sounding villain at the helm now

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesnt make sense to me. Even Venkys wouldnt surely delegate interviews to Waggott and co aside from Farke and if that was the case, why would he then even need that interview with Waggott, if he has side stepped the general interview rat race?

Ultimately, until those bastards stop running this club, it seemingly will never be run normally and efficiently. Why cant they just get good qualified people in high positions and delegate properly?

Id be pleasantly surprised if Farke was appointed and even more so if we had a reasonable transfer budget. The latest likely manager rumour changes with the wind and there have been 4 in 24 hours, the key is not to get carried away until someone finally is appointed on the official website. Up until then its all conflicting gossip and much of it is unfounded. 

If you could give the "x's blue and white army" treatment to a few less favourable candidates like Unsworth, Ferguson and Grayson, hopefully that will jinx them out of the running!

If venkys have already met with Farke you would presume a meeting with maggot and co would be an introduction, look around the facilities etc.
Surely that would be common courtesy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I was never keen on Carlos Managerball. He's had too many clubs and is clearly motivated only by (tax free) money. No one goes to manage in the UAE for any other reason. I think we can forget about Farke too; he's clearly going to cost the club too much money

So then you're looking at the alternatives and I have to say none of them inspire me much. The likes of Ferguson I wouldn't touch with a bargepole

The title of this thread is pertinent. It's obvious we're going to be lumbered with another Mowbray type - relatively cheap and easy and someone desperate for a job. And process is likely to continue throughout the summer, giving the new man little time to prepare for the new season

So much for the "plan"

Hopefully you're wrong on Farke, past history as shown that the owners will pay what it takes(even over the odds) to land their man once they all firmly have there targets set on him. I feel it's more a case of whether Farke is willing to come here or hang on until a higher profile job comes along. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pomster said:

If venkys have already met with Farke you would presume a meeting with maggot and co would be an introduction, look around the facilities etc.
Surely that would be common courtesy?

You’d think so. Can’t seeing Waggott being able to overturn a decision by Venkys (if it’s been made)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

i agree, he was too nice though, lets be honest, a great boss, arm round your shoulder type, let you get away with murder far too regularly...it's time for a mean looking scary sounding sinister german sounding villain at the helm now

Haha, i agree in regards to mowbray being too lenient, but in this day and age you have to be firm and fair, players will just switch offand push for a move away at the first opportunity if they're constantly getting berated. 

43 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

No issue if we 'move on' to a similar or better quality option. But I do have a problem if 'moving on' means we go shopping in the bargain bin and end up with yet another hideous appointment but one that is cheap and grateful.

Fact is that Carvalhal can attract interest from elsewhere and command a salary in the UAE. Hardly any of the other options on the list of names linked so far would get near even an offer to work in the UAE, because they are unknown, unproven entities with no track record behind them.