BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

24 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

So at last Farke meets with Swaggott,

Its my understanding that this will not need a further chat with V's as their chat occurred prior, there must have been some guarantees put on the table for him to agree the second chat.

So if this goes Pete Tong now, the blame firmly lies at Swaggott and Suhails door.

I know all these names coming out and alledged interviews, job offers, new favourite, extended shortlist has been exhausting to read.

However this is playing out exactiy as I was told, i've had to put up with the 2 or 3 posters constantly giving me grief for sticking with the same line, but i seriously heard nothing to the contrary to sway me from changing my stance.

If this does indeed get over the line, i sincerely hope it puts to bed the tripe we read which is is put out from Ewood.

They dont make the decisions, can sign off literally nothing, and there is another tier of advisors beyond Ewood who act as the further buffer to the Raos.

All this "a new dawn is coming, we know something you dont know, which has littered these boards since before last season", none has come to fruition.

The manager walked, the players were not signed, the ground is still a shit tip, the season ticket prices lack imagination, and the puppets at Ewood are on borrowed time.

Farke would be a great appointment (on paper - you never know how things will turn out in practice). But it's concerning (albeit not surprising) to hear about 'another tier of advisors beyond Ewood' who have more power than our actual board. Our board are shite, but that's no way to run a club. And if they're in charge, what are we wasting 300k a year on Swaggott for? Just put those lads in charge. Of course, that would be too transparent, and we are probably only a relatively minor concern even to these shadowy advisor go-betweens. 

Could you clarify, when you say those at Ewood 'can sign off literally nothing', you don't mean literally nothing? Or presumably you might mean when it comes to a new manager and any serious financial outlay. Because I really can't see Pune lowering themselves to deal with the youth team contracts or the u23 player we just signed. Or even things like ticket pricing.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Farke would be a great appointment (on paper - you never know how things will turn out in practice). But it's concerning (albeit not surprising) to hear about 'another tier of advisors beyond Ewood' who have more power than our actual board. Our board are shite, but that's no way to run a club. And if they're in charge, what are we wasting 300k a year on Swaggott for? Just put those lads in charge. Of course, that would be too transparent, and we are probably only a relatively minor concern even to these shadowy advisor go-betweens. 

Could you clarify, when you say those at Ewood 'can sign off literally nothing', you don't mean literally nothing? Or presumably you might mean when it comes to a new manager and any serious financial outlay. Because I really can't see Pune lowering themselves to deal with the youth team contracts or the u23 player we just signed. Or even things like ticket pricing.

I believe its no more than £5k,

Contracts etc, go through extra scrutiny following the Berg fiasco.

Request for money, are usually signed off with the relevant business case.

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

I believe its no more than £5k,

Contracts etc, go through extra scrutiny following the Berg fiasco.

Request for money, are usually signed off with the relevant business case.

And this would disappear with the new structure that'll potentially be put in place?

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That is where your assumption that I believe every rumour is wrong as I have told plenty of times before. 

I have just read(last 20 mins) the rumours now on about them on here. I have been out this afternoon at the cinema and for tea at the pub. It was very enjoyable time. 

Like I said in my previous post who knows what is going on with our search currently and who our first choice target is. The next few days will be interesting and excitable if we can make an appointment and announcement this week 

What did you go to see?Anything good?

How was your tea?What did you order?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That is where your assumption that I believe every rumour is wrong as I have told plenty of times before. 

I have just read(last 20 mins) the rumours now on about them on here. I have been out this afternoon at the cinema and for tea at the pub. It was very enjoyable time. 

Like I said in my previous post who knows what is going on with our search currently and who our first choice target is. The next few days will be interesting and excitable if we can make an appointment and announcement this week 

If any of the majority of names linked are appointed then it certainly wont be exciting, if indeed it even is one of these names.

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Farke seems to have crept back up in the odds at 6/1.

Interestingly, Critchley was at 25/1 at about 2pm today. He's crept up at 20/1. Is that because we were talking about him on here?

Sorry! Skybet gifted out their free £5 bets today 

39 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Its my understanding that this will not need a further chat with V's as their chat occurred prior, there must have been some guarantees put on the table for him to agree the second chat.

So if this goes Pete Tong now, the blame firmly lies at Swaggott and Suhails door.

I know all these names coming out and alledged interviews, job offers, new favourite, extended shortlist has been exhausting to read.

However this is playing out exactiy as I was told, i've had to put up with the 2 or 3 posters constantly giving me grief for sticking with the same line, but i seriously heard nothing to the contrary to sway me from changing my stance.

If this does indeed get over the line, i sincerely hope it puts to bed the tripe we read which is is put out from Ewood.

They dont make the decisions, can sign off literally nothing, and there is another tier of advisors beyond Ewood who act as the further buffer to the Raos.

All this "a new dawn is coming, we know something you dont know, which has littered these boards since before last season", none has come to fruition.

The manager walked, the players were not signed, the ground is still a shit tip, the season ticket prices lack imagination, and the puppets at Ewood are on borrowed time.

Do you still think it will be the 6th of June when everything is sorted/announced?

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

And this would disappear with the new structure that'll potentially be put in place?

I have no confidence it will ever be right until they buggar off. 

Will people continue to suck on the teet? Absolutely!!!

Being a board member at Ewood is the easiest cash they will ever get, sit there collect a wage and be the face of nothing

• Like 4

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Relying on Waggot and Pasha 

😂🙈

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, what a busy afternoon and evening of different rumours and speculation around 4 different candidates on here. So who knows what is actually going on. Plenty of talking seem to be happening but no final decision who is 1st choice.. Its time we appoint the best candidate whoever that is. 

Yeah great reading. This threads about 51 days old, almost on page 212 so average is about 4 pages per day. But in last 24 hours we've covered 17 pages! Fingers crossed there's plenty to look forward too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It sounds like Waggot is a box ticking exercise to comply with EFL rules.

• Like 2

Can't help but feel that there are many journalists and twitter experts keeping a keen eye on this thread, only to repeat what they see here to their 'followers'.

Somebody mentioned Ferguson on here yesterday (Mercer, I think) and it all blows up online with Myers, Toffee TV Baz, O'Rourke all getting in on it.

Time to get the Arsene Wenger train moving. He loved his debut at Ewood in 1996 so much, he's desperate to revisit! Honest, Nicko! 😁.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I have no confidence it will ever be right until they buggar off. 

Will people continue to suck on the teet? Absolutely!!!

Being a board member at Ewood is the easiest cash they will ever get, sit there collect a wage and be the face of nothing

Any owners with an ounce of sense would reflect on what went wrong, take clubs the structure back to way it was when it was bought, even use John Williams, Tom Finn ect (if willing) as advisers to recruit the write people they can trust.

I know it won't happen as common sense and the Venkys aren't good bed buddy's.

Edited by funny-old-game
  • Like 3

Saw us linked with Ferguson then somebody who's 'close' to him poured cold water all over that and now all of a sudden we're being linked with David Unsworth. Was there some confusion with them both being associated with Everton? Personally I'm not keen on either of them.

• Like 1

Read this morning on here that it seemed like Ferguson was favourite to be coming and all chaos surrounding that, work ensued, football tonight so not had chance to keep up, a million pages later and it's now shifted to Farke? 

Can anyone sum up todays rumours for me please so I don't have trail back through pages

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, deanives said:

Read this morning on here that it seemed like Ferguson was favourite to be coming and all chaos surrounding that, work ensued, football tonight so not had chance to keep up, a million pages later and it's now shifted to Farke? 

Can anyone sum up todays rumours for me please so I don't have trail back through pages

Thanks in advance!

If you're spending your last quid don't put it on either it'll be someone else by this time tomorrow.

• Like 1