BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Genuine question guys 'cos I've totally lost track of the names mentioned but were Rooney or Shearer or Sherwood ever talked about as being candidates?

Don't think any have been linked (that I've seen)

Surprised about Rooney tbf but the other 2, if we appoint either it would be disastrous.

Does anyone genuinely have any idea what is going on? 😂 you can include the Board in that question too.

it’s very rare betting firms  are a mile off but with us it’s a constant debacle. We should be approaching decent standard managers no sticking them in a pool with other washed up dross. 

Have a bit of ambition and nail down a top coach. I’m hearing that the club have freed up £1.6m for the season ahead…..more worryingly this includes wages.

Just now, Butty said:

Oh hell no. 

4ACA94D6-E387-439D-9E23-B935A4990461.jpeg

be delighted with AP proven manager in the premier league, his man management is excellent, worked wonders at newcastle did a good job at palace, my wifes a palace fan absolutely loved him 

• Like 5

Adkins is already well liked down at Ewood. He would have been our manager in 2017 had Mowbray not been suggested/chosen at the last minute. If he has shown an interest this time, I suspect they will be more than happy to interview him. If they want a cheap steady eddie, he's the man for them, I feel.

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

Oh hell no. 

4ACA94D6-E387-439D-9E23-B935A4990461.jpeg

Somebody on another forum last night said that Pardew has applied for the Rovers job. Could be something in that based on the above.

Adkins or Pardew? Hmm. What a prospect.

Carvalhal confirmed at Al Wadha, so there goes the theory that it was all just a negotiation tactic. Farke next no doubt.

Presume Waggott will know Pardew from Charlton and based in a similar part of the world. Wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, JHRover said:

Carvalhal confirmed at Al Wadha, so there goes the theory that it was all just a negotiation tactic. Farke next no doubt.

Presume Waggott will know Pardew from Charlton and based in a similar part of the world. Wouldn't surprise me.

He held off for best part of 2 weeks after his interview. Blame lands solely at the feet of those at Ewood, again.

'Just hang fire Carlos in case one of the 86 other interviewees outperform you'

19 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

People happy with OGS? 

Jesus Wept.

Utd were a defensive shambles, absolutely embarrassing at times.

The bar has been well and truly lowered if that's where we are going.

Ex Manchester United manager is lowering the bar? Our last manager was the ex Coventry manager...

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Adkins is already well liked down at Ewood. He would have been our manager in 2017 had Mowbray not been suggested/chosen at the last minute. If he has shown an interest this time, I suspect they will be more than happy to interview him. If they want a cheap steady eddie, he's the man for them, I feel.

Somebody on another forum last night said that Pardew has applied for the Rovers job. Could be something in that based on the above.

Rather have Pardew than Adkins. Pardew has a decent track record

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

a lot of sneering abour pardew a proven premier league manager, with clubs with limited resources, yet we've seen support for OGS ( remember his cardiff side ), ferguson ans host of others who've never managed a game in the PL

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Ex Manchester United manager is lowering the bar? Our last manager was the ex Coventry manager...

Genuinely think he would achieve a lower placed finish than Mowbray.

Utd were all over the place, he can't organise the defence. 

He wouldn't have £50m, £60m, £70m players to bail him out here.

4 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

a lot of sneering abour pardew a proven premier league manager, with clubs with limited resources, yet we've seen support for OGS ( remember his cardiff side ), ferguson ans host of others who've never managed a game in the PL

7 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Rather have Pardew than Adkins. Pardew has a decent track record

9 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Could be a lot lot worse. Would take right now.

The guy is an absolute toss pot, his last job in England at West Brom was a disaster, he’s then failed in the dutch league and in the bloody Bulgarian league! He’s a man who has had success in the past but is well past it, he would be a shocking appointment. 

• Like 3

Carvalhal was never coming for a second it was all just another smoke and mirrors job there was nothing of substance to back it up whatsoever.

If anyone seriously thinks we are shopping in anything other than the next Mowbray type or untried cheap coach then i think they need a lie down.

Some at this club have zero ambition, NON they just want it water treading and churning out young players to preserve their easy street lifestyle.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Genuine question guys 'cos I've totally lost track of the names mentioned but were Rooney or Shearer or Sherwood ever talked about as being candidates?

Hopefully not.

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Genuinely think he would achieve a lower placed finish than Mowbray.

Utd were all over the place, he can't organise the defence. 

He wouldn't have £50m, £60m, £70m players to bail him out here.

Finished second to be fair.