BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

The other issue beyond pricing is what else can they do to tempt people?

The best they can do price wise is to do away with the £30 disloyal fan increase. But even then it's still expensive by Championship standards.

Tomasson intriguing but not an appointment that will make many sit up or rush to the ticket office.

Ambitious transfer business? Not going to happen. Loans and cheap deals only. 

So quite scary really. Some of us have been warning of this for years.

• Like 1

Has to be, @Wheelton Blue, bundle it in with the  announcement of JDT.

’Clueless’ brfcs-ers flagged this slow motion car crash weeks and months (indeed years) ago. ‘If only you knew’… Err we did.

I could literally gather up a half dozen folk from this thread and we would run a better ticketing operation. 

It’s an absolute disgrace the state this club has been allowed to get into.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

All they can feasibly do at this stage is freeze the ST prices at early bird.

Shambles.

They could reduce the price to an acceptable level, and refund some of the price to early bird renewers, but that might entice a few people back, so I doubt that will happen.

What really riles me is that at a normal club with accountable executives you can well imagine panic stations and emergency meetings. 

What will there be at Ewood (presuming it’s not under lock and key), a collective  🤷‍♂️ ?

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

They could reduce the price to an acceptable level, and refund some of the price to early bird renewers, but that might entice a few people back, so I doubt that will happen.

Refunds would be nightmare admin wise. I imagine a good number have taken credit agreements out which would be a mess to sort out with the credit company.

I suppose they could offer some sort of voucher for the concourse or club shop.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Refunds would be nightmare admin wise. I imagine a good number have taken credit agreements out which would be a mess to sort out with the credit company.

True 

I think some people never got requested refunds for the Covid cancellations!

12 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Free entry to cup games ?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It doesnt have to be a total refund, a one off payment that ensures that the early bird payers do not get a worse deal than those who hung on. I don't see how that is an admin nightmare, or how it interferes with credit payments.

Sounds a bit silly but I think a feasible last minute rescue plan for this embarrassment could be a promise for all current ST holders to get a 100 quid discount for the following season. Maybe that would help?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

It doesnt have to be a total refund, a one off payment that ensures that the early bird payers do not get a worse deal than those who hung on. I don't see how that is an admin nightmare, or how it interferes with credit payments.

I went to all the home games last season apart from 2. I will be there again next season, might be interesting if Tomasson takes over.

3 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

Sounds a bit silly but I think a feasible last minute rescue plan for this embarrassment could be a promise for all current ST holders to get a 100 quid discount for the following season. Maybe that would help?

Sensible suggestion but one I don't think would ever happen here.

Waggott would not have authority to make such an offer and Venkys work on 12 month cycles and budgets so wouldn't even dream of next year at this stage.

Plus we'd get all the 'we don't know what league we are going to be in' (even though nobody else does when releasing tickets in February).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

They could offer discounts on 23-24 season for anybody who has bought one for 22-23. Then they could reduce the prices without any drama to try and entice more. But that would mean they got it ridiculously wrong in the first place. That's me dreaming though - I can hear it now "we've done all we can" and "we'll look into it" .

If venkys don't react to this then something is seriously adrift

It was said that venkys wont sell the club because in India it would be shameful making a loss. How shameful would it be to leta business totally collapse?

Thats the way it’s heading!

They (Waggott) went into the Lancashire Telegraph during the Covid ground closure and said that they would discount season ticket prices for the following year to compensate fans for those games that they had been unable to go into the ground to watch during restrictions. This was said to be an alternative to people seeking refunds for missed games.

A few months later, despite still being under restrictions, not only did Waggott not offer this discount, but he also introduced a price rise.

So in the unlikely event that they were to now backtrack or offer some form of future discount I would be very wary - this lot don't keep their promises.

I suspect this failure to keep promises, lies, misleading statements and altogether treating paying supporters like dirt and for granted is a major reason sales have collapsed, along with expensive prices. I know personally the behaviour of the Club is more important to me than the price they are asking.

@JHRover it’s subjective though, I don’t feel like the club is “taking the piss” out of me.

Why would I? Is it because I’ve had my expectations lowered? Is it because I don’t have an issue with money? Is it because I don’t particularly follow rovers because for success?

A quick poll of my friends suggested the prices aren’t unreasonable but the offerings are limited aren’t creative.

The decline for me, the reason has always been success. Hence why so many took up half season tickets when the club was sat in the top six at Christmas 

I wouldn't trust this lot to deliver on any 'promise'.

As someone who stupidly bought ST's the season before last during lock down, I'm still waiting on the supporter mosaic thing which was promised to arrive in spring.

Not that I'm particularly bothered about seeing my ugly mug in public, but it's the principle...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JBiz said:

@JHRover it’s subjective though, I don’t feel like the club is “taking the piss” out of me.

Why would I? Is it because I’ve had my expectations lowered? Is it because I don’t have an issue with money? Is it because I don’t particularly follow rovers because for success?

A quick poll of my friends suggested the prices aren’t unreasonable but the offerings are limited aren’t creative.

The decline for me, the reason has always been success. Hence why so many took up half season tickets when the club was sat in the top six at Christmas 

Price is obviously an issue, PNE have sold around triple, TRIPLE our sales. That’s PNE! Why? Substantially cheaper.

A decline to this extent is merely due to being a run of the mill Championship side? Hasn’t stopped pretty much every other run of the mill club holding steady or even adding sales each year - whereas we are uniquely haemorrhaging thousands most summer. 

We are now hitting sales figures that wouldn’t have us as any great shakes in League 2 - there is obviously something very wrong at this club and the relationship the fanbase has with it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Price is obviously an issue, PNE have sold around triple, TRIPLE our sales. That’s PNE! Why? Substantially cheaper.

A decline to this extent is merely due to being a run of the mill Championship side? Hasn’t stopped pretty much every other run of the mill club holding steady or even adding sales each year - whereas we are uniquely haemorrhaging thousands most summer. 

We are now hitting sales figures that wouldn’t have us as any great shakes in League 2 - there is obviously something very wrong at this club and the relationship the fanbase has with it.

What do you feel would be a suitable price?

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The club won't have payment (card/bank) details for anyone who's paid on credit. They'd have to contact them individually.

Similar situationfor anyone who paid by card, as Ticketmaster took the payment.

Edited by Wheelton Blue