BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, GHR said:

Click on that and enter your card details.

Currently no audio on the stream 😑

Sorted thanks. It was asking me for a discount code and I was being a biff! 

39 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Feel Hedges will score tonight.

Be a bloody rare event if he does.

Has only ever scored 22 goals as far as I can make out and two of those were for Flint Town 9 or 10 years ago and one for Wales under 19's.

And he's 27.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Has only ever scored 22 goals as far as I can make out and two of those were for Flint Town 9 or 10 years ago and one for Wales under 19's.

And he's 27.

It's just a friendly, and he will probably feel comfortable against a team relegated from his old league. Just a feeling. Not saying he will score many this season.

33 goals according to wiki, not 22. Plus the one for Wales u19 makes 34. Which isn't a great return but he is a winger primarily.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And he's 27.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's just a friendly, and he will probably feel comfortable against a team relegated from his old league. Just a feeling. Not saying he will score many this season.

33 goals according to wiki, not 22. Plus the one for Wales u19 makes 34. Which isn't a great return but he is a winger primarily.

Then again...

7:49pm

Good play from Markanday to get to the byline, but Hedges can't get the right connection to his pull-back

(0-0)

7:48pm

Great cross-field pass from Garrett to free Edun who shows good pace to get onto the ball. He pulls it back but Hedges can't quite take it in his stride

He also put Leonard through for a good chance though.

Edited by bluebruce

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Carter had a successful loan spell in League One last season. Deserves his chance.

The window is far from over, so there's still time to bring in the players we need.

Watching our academy players have the opportunity to impress to get into the first team squad in a friendly should bring anything but fright. Most of them did well in the second game against Stanley. They might not be ready, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do. Don't be frightened.

Obviously I am not "frightened" of the strength of a Rovers second string in a fitness exercise, more the bigger picture.

The worry is how thin our squad looks with 2 and a half weeks to go. I am not convinced that any of those much needed players will be here before QPR.