SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Opening Day Lineup

Kaminski

Brown   Ayala (C)   Wharton    Pickering

Travis

Dack                 Buckley

Hedges                Gally                     Dolan

Predicting a core 15 man squad next season. A settled side. Squad made up by the U23s. Vale, Mcbride, etc to be in and around the team.

2 incomings. 1x midfielder. 1 x centre half.

No loans in or out.

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Kaminski

Travis

Predicting a core 15 man squad next season. A settled side. Squad made up by the U23s. Vale, Mcbride, etc to be in and around the team.

No loans in or out.

How can you have a settled side with Ayala in it ? As for making him captain, is that non playing captain ? I can’t see Brown being a first team choice either. That’s also assuming that none of our better players like Kaminski, Buckley, Travis don’t get lured away.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Kaminski

Travis

No loans in or out.

Of course we'll have loans. And looking at that, we'll need 'em.

Carlos Carvalhal as manager

Pears

Orr                   Nuno Henrique               Daniel Ayala                 Sam Gallagher

Petrovic                      Sacha Petshi                  Fabio Nunes

Koita                           Nuno Gomes                    Edinho Junior

I realise this is unrealistic. Daniel Ayala won't be fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would show Ayala the door. 

I expect between 6 to 8 signings this season. 

We, have a few decent, young, raw, central defenders. I would offer Ayala a position of player/defensive coach, and try to get him, to get the best out of our talent. I realise that as a player Ayala is injury prone, but he is still an asset that can be utilised in a coaching role. You never know he may take to it and see coaching as his future.

Glad to read that it is as simple as merely showing Ayala the door, I had feared that his constant injuries coupled with presumably being on a reasonable wage relatively speaking would make him difficult to shift, but seemingly not.

We will no doubt have to pad the squad with loanees again, I would be amazed if anything more than peanuts available from the Brereton funds and we have the further disadvantage that (unless you believe the phantom interview rumours) that our managerial search will drag on and not only will other out of contract players be cherry picked by our rivals, but the likes of Lenihan and Nyambe could very well likely move elsewhere too.

No point assuming that any of the under 23 squad will break through, needs to be seen as a bonus rather than an expectation. The likes of Vale, McBride, Brown, Garrett, Phillips etc, you have players there who struggled at really low levels out on loan or are still in their infancy, some might need loans but either way we cant plug gaps with these players without at least some indication that they are ready.

The opening day lineup is far too early to predict at this stage. 

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Carlos Carvalhal as manager

Pears

Orr                   Nuno Henrique               Daniel Ayala                 Sam Gallagher

Petrovic                      Sacha Petshi                  Fabio Nunes

Koita                           Nuno Gomes                    Edinho Junior

I realise this is unrealistic. Daniel Ayala won't be fit.

I'd get Diogo Rosado in there myself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Easier said than done.

Which other club would pay what we're paying for someone who's basically a crock?

Never said it would be easier but he isn't fit enough to be part of the squad next season if we do appoint Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal. 

4 hours ago, rigger said:

We, have a few decent, young, raw, central defenders. I would offer Ayala a position of player/defensive coach, and try to get him, to get the best out of our talent. I realise that as a player Ayala is injury prone, but he is still an asset that can be utilised in a coaching role. You never know he may take to it and see coaching as his future.

Yes I know we got a couple of young centre defenders like Ash Philips and Sam Barnes. 

Who says Ayala will want to be coach or has he even done his coaching badges or whether he will a good coach? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never said it would be easier but he isn't fit enough to be part of the squad next season if we do appoint Daniel Farke or Carlos Carvalhal. 

Yes I know we got a couple of young centre defenders like Ash Philips and Sam Barnes. 

Who says Ayala will want to be coach or has he even done his coaching badges or whether he will a good coach? 

I am not saying Ayala will make, or even want, to be a coach, but for me it is a better option than "showing him the door". I would also add Lenihan, Carter and Wharton, in the catagory of young defenders that could do with some coaching. Get the defence right and success will follow.

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

For me the worst player i've ever seen play for rovers. It's the fact he played only 45 mins that means he never gets brought up on these kind of lists

That’s true. Normally the likes of Chris Brown come to mind when thinking of the worst Rovers player I’ve seen (and there’d be a few others from the last ten years not far behind).

But you’re right, the only player I’ve seen who looked completely lost was Edinho. He had no business being on that pitch at all. It’s a disgrace he was ever signed and a disgrace he was picked to start an actual game - it would have been obvious all along he wasn’t up to it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, frosty said:

That’s true. Normally the likes of Chris Brown come to mind when thinking of the worst Rovers player I’ve seen (and there’d be a few others from the last ten years not far behind).

But you’re right, the only player I’ve seen who looked completely lost was Edinho. He had no business being on that pitch at all. It’s a disgrace he was ever signed and a disgrace he was picked to start an actual game - it would have been obvious all along he wasn’t up to it.

100% something dodgy there. Like you say he had no right to be anywhere near that pitch.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What was that Spanish winger called that Souey bought - Javier Pedro ? He lasted whilst half time in one game.

Ah, yes, Javier De Pedro, Spanish international and Real Sociedad legend. It seemed an exciting signing but it turned a terrible move for all, as he wasn't physically capable any more. Another of the deals that helped me understand that it's best to have no expectations about signings, no matter how impressive their record. If I was a Man City fan, I wouldn't be that excited about the Haaland signing. You look at Lukaku and others and it could easily be underwhelming. 

We fans are used somewhat with signings and we are not party to the back-dealings and all the history. Who would have known this about one of our big money signings of the past (taken from Wiki): "In the first season with the Umbrian team he was held back by a rare disease, Ledderhose disease, which almost prevented him from walking and for which he often ended up under the knife...During the Ancona period, in March 2004 he also returned to suffer from Ledderhose disease which had already struck him in the past in Terni, and which caused the thickening of the foot arch making it difficult even just to walk." 

-

Without new signings, I'd be looking to integrate Cirino, the left back, into the squad and possibly, the team (Assuming he makes a full recovery from his current injury). He's the only defender I can think of at the club who has decent pace, and we'll need it, whether from new signings or U23 players. Perhaps, Brown might provide that but will have to see more of him.

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

Ah, yes, Javier De Pedro, Spanish international and Real Sociedad legend. It seemed an exciting signing but it turned a terrible move for all, as he wasn't physically capable any more. Another of the deals that helped me understand that it's best to have no expectations about signings, no matter how impressive their record. If I was a Man City fan, I wouldn't be that excited about the Haaland signing. You look at Lukaku and others and it could easily be underwhelming. 

We fans are used somewhat with signings and we are not party to the back-dealings and all the history. Who would have known this about one of our big money signings of the past (taken from Wiki): "In the first season with the Umbrian team he was held back by a rare disease, Ledderhose disease, which almost prevented him from walking and for which he often ended up under the knife...During the Ancona period, in March 2004 he also returned to suffer from Ledderhose disease which had already struck him in the past in Terni, and which caused the thickening of the foot arch making it difficult even just to walk." 

-

Without new signings, I'd be looking to integrate Cirino, the left back, into the squad and possibly, the team (Assuming he makes a full recovery from his current injury). He's the only defender I can think of at the club who has decent pace, and we'll need it, whether from new signings or U23 players. Perhaps, Brown might provide that but will have to see more of him.

Jake Batty, looks a better defender, has more pace and aggression . He may be too young yet, but he gets into our U23s and England U18s.