BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Sporting Director / DOF

On GB's success rate in the transfer market:

Szmodics and Hyam - both have been good signings.  (8/10) 

Brittain - may be a good signing if he remains injury free and can get in the team (6/10) 

Morton - average and possibly not suited to the Championship (5/10)

Thomas - started off well but quickly regressed (5/10)

Mola, Hirst - poor signings (3/10)

Add to this the January transfer debacle and his failure over 2 windows to bring in the striker we've desperately needed, and I think he has a lot of work to do this summer to prove he deserves the role he's in. 

On the plus side he's got the quality Academy lads signed up on long contracts. Huge credit there when it looked like we were going to lose the likes of Phillips. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Brittain - may be a good signing if he remains injury free and can get in the team (6/10) 

Add to this the January transfer debacle and his failure over 2 windows to bring in the striker we've desperately needed, and I think he has a lot of work to do this summer to prove he deserves the role he's in. 

On the plus side he's got the quality Academy lads signed up on long contracts. Huge credit there when it looked like we were going to lose the likes of Phillips. 

I think that’s harsh on Morton. I think quality wise he’s a good loan, my issue is that he’s a very similar player to Buckley and Wharton meaning three of our four central midfielders do the same thing. We needed something different. 

Also think it’s harsh on Thomas, if he had a genuine striker to work with he would have had much more success. If we had a 30 year old Danny Graham he’d have scored 20 league goals this season. 

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

I think that’s harsh on Morton. I think quality wise he’s a good loan, my issue is that he’s a very similar player to Buckley and Wharton meaning three of our four central midfielders do the same thing. We needed something different. 

Also think it’s harsh on Thomas, if he had a genuine striker to work with he would have had much more success. If we had a 30 year old Danny Graham he’d have scored 20 league goals this season. 

So Morton wasn't a good loan because he wasn't what we needed, and he was played instead of players we own who are better.

Thomas has done the square root of nowt...backed up by the fact he's been dropped. 

Two average signings at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

So Morton wasn't a good loan because he wasn't what we needed, and he was played instead of players we own who are better.

Thomas has done the square root of nowt...backed up by the fact he's been dropped. 

Two average signings at best.

I think they’re both good players but neither where necessarily great signings 

• Like 1

• Backroom

I don't think Morton was a bad loan signing, but neither has be been particularly impressive. We needed a bigger contribution from a player who was pencilled in for the first eleven in almost every match where he was available. So I'd say a 5 or 6/10 is probably fair.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hasta said:

We do agree. We both agree we don’t know what caused the delay for the O’Brien paperwork to be submitted late. You’ve clearly said that to me 4 posts above.

All I’m saying is stop blaming Silvester and absolving Broughton when we clearly have no idea who is to blame.

The only reason I’m critical of GB for January’s mess is because he basically said “blame me”.

Broughton came out to face the media and took the blame whilst In my opinion its wasn't him to blame but others to blame. This isn't the first time that paperwork has been failed to send on time from certain people posts on here. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Broughton is the DOF.  Footballing matters are his responsibility.  When time is of the essence and you are working to a strict and defined schedule, you should ensure that ALL key personnel are under one roof for the day including Waggott and any medical personnel required for a medical or medicals.  Additionally, wasn't Broughton watering and feeding O'Brien in Manchester? - IMO, what feckin nonsense if correct.

We do player medicals at Manchester City training facility hence why Broughton and O'Brien was there in Manchester. They weren't out partying in Manchester or at all you eat Chinese buffet. 

Broughton isn't in charge of the footballing paperwork as he can't sign it off only Waggott and Silvester can sign the EFL paperwork. 

12 hours ago, philipl said:

In Chaddy's defence, the FL rules are explicit that the CEO or Company Secretary signature is required. 

Yes its a point time and time before and that the reason why the buck stop with them 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think Morton has been good loan signing overall but I think his recent form has been poor. 

I think 4 signings have been very good/good signings whilst Thomas has been ok and others 2 poor. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Broughton came out to face the media and took the blame whilst In my opinion its wasn't him to blame but others to blame. This isn't the first time that paperwork has been failed to send on time from certain people posts on here. 

You admit you don’t know why there was a delay, but you’re happy to absolve blame from the person who has accepted responsibility based on no evidence to the contrary that he wasn’t even somewhat responsible.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes its a point time and time before and that the reason why the buck stop with them 

Again, so it’s the taxi drivers fault if he’s late if the desk forgets to give him the correct information for the job?

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You admit you don’t know why there was a delay, but you’re happy to absolve blame from the person who has accepted responsibility based on no evidence to the contrary that he wasn’t even somewhat responsible.

blimey, you won't let it drop with you? I have said what my opinion based on everything we know and past failures. If you disagree fine but we that's opinions in football

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I agree with all your rating except Mola. He has only figured for any significant period of time in 2 league games. The 3-0 loss at Burnley and the 4-1 loss at home to Preston. In one of his two cup appearances he also started and got shredded in the battering against Notts Forest.

How bad would he have had to be to score a 2 or a 1 ? 😀

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

blimey, you won't let it drop with you? I have said what my opinion based on everything we know and past failures. If you disagree fine but we that's opinions in football

Ok. I’ll let it drop until the next time I see you randomly blame the company secretary for probably messing up the whole season (which is how this started). Then the cycle will start again.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We do player medicals at Manchester City training facility hence why Broughton and O'Brien was there in Manchester. They weren't out partying in Manchester or at all you eat Chinese buffet. 

Broughton isn't in charge of the footballing paperwork as he can't sign it off only Waggott and Silvester can sign the EFL paperwork. 

Are we such a small time club that we now have to use Man City's training facility?  If so, unbelievable and nonsense.

Broughton IS IN CHARGE OF FOOTBALL - he is the DOF with specific responsibility FOR ALL FOOTBALL MATTERS - if that does not include the signing of players then feck me!

Who on earth said they were partying or at a Chinese buffet!?!  Didn't Broughton himself not say they went out in Manchester to water and feed O'Brien?  Feck me, I can tell you off at least half a dozen places very close to Brockhall where they could have gone for food!!!

You are wrong about Waggott and Silvester.  Transfer documentation can be signed off by any DULY APPOINTED SIGNATORY so why the feck that can't be our highly paid DOF is beyond comprehension.

Chaddy - stop trying to defend the indefensible and all things Rovers.  Be objective!!!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Are we such a small time club that we now have to use Man City's training facility?  If so, unbelievable and nonsense.

Broughton IS IN CHARGE OF FOOTBALL - he is the DOF with specific responsibility FOR ALL FOOTBALL MATTERS - if that does not include the signing of players then feck me!

Who on earth said they were partying or at a Chinese buffet!?!  Didn't Broughton himself not say they went out in Manchester to water and feed O'Brien?  Feck me, I can tell you off at least half a dozen places very close to Brockhall where they could have gone for food!!!

You are wrong about Waggott and Silvester.  Transfer documentation can be signed off by any DULY APPOINTED SIGNATORY so why the feck that can't be our highly paid DOF is beyond comprehension.

Chaddy - stop trying to defend the indefensible and all things Rovers.  Be objective!!!

Any other ‘duly appointed signatory’ must have submitted to the Owners’ and Directors’ test.

Does anyone know if this information has to be made public or not?

Edited by wilsdenrover

29 minutes ago, Mercer said:

being using their facility for medicals for years now. Broughton said it in the interview

Broughton IS IN CHARGE OF FOOTBALL - he is the DOF with specific responsibility FOR ALL FOOTBALL MATTERS - if that does not include the signing of players then feck me! ou are wrong about Waggott and Silvester.  Transfer documentation can be signed off by any DULY APPOINTED SIGNATORY so why the feck that can't be our highly paid DOF is beyond comprehension.

No need for shouting but as @philipl has posted earlier that the job to sign the paperwork off is CEO or Company secretary. You have been against Broughton since his appointment and you were against JDT until he got some wins after Christmas then you change your tactic. Now we are poor run you change your view whilst my view has been consistent from the start. 

GB went to get some food and drink probably from the Man City facility during his medical not after the medical for Lewis O'Brien 

I have been objective in posts actually but its you that isn't being objective and as you do always look to blame Rovers at every opportunity 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Broughton isn't in charge of the footballing paperwork as he can't sign it off only Waggott and Silvester can sign the EFL paperwork

I’ve worked at places where I didn’t have the authority to sign certain documents.

I still prepared the documents before ‘waving them in the face’ of the correct individual.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

being using their facility for medicals for years now. Broughton said it in the interview

No need for shouting but as @philipl has posted earlier that the job to sign the paperwork off is CEO or Company secretary. You have been against Broughton since his appointment and you were against JDT until he got some wins after Christmas then you change your tactic. Now we are poor run you change your view whilst my view has been consistent from the start. 

Think the use of City facilities only recent.  My understanding is some medicals were carried out at Brockhall for the August window.

Please understand that any Duly Authorised Signatory can sign off the paperwork (would think given background of @philipl he would be aware of this) and for the life of me I can't understand why Broughton wouldn't or shouldn't do this. 

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think the use of City facilities only recent.  My understanding is some medicals were carried out at Brockhall for the August window.

Please understand that any Duly Authorised Signatory can sign off the paperwork (would think given background of @philipl he would be aware of this) and for the life of me I can't understand why Broughton wouldn't or shouldn't do this. 

Has GB passed the owners’ and directors’ test?

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well I don't know but I do know that O'Brien and Brierley medicals were held at Manchester City training facility 

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Yes I understand that thanks but Wilsdenrover makes a very valid point