BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Sporting Director / DOF

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I don't know but I do know that O'Brien and Brierley medicals were held at Manchester City training facility - well why did you state they had been held at City for years !?!?

Yes I understand that thanks but Wilsdenrover makes a very valid point - If Broughton does not meet any statutory or other requirements then why the feck is he employed in the position he is !?!?

Edited by Mercer

• Backroom
3 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Thanks for the reply, same here - although it would be handy to know ‘just in case’

If you're on PC, hover over the poster's name and a box should appear which has numerous options, including to ignore. On mobile I believe you need to go to the user's profile screen to select the ignore option.

Edit: On both PC and mobile you can also click on your user profile in the top right hand corner, go to 'ignored users' and add a poster that way. On mobile you need to select 'account' first, then you'll see the option.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

well why did you state they had been held at City for years !?!?

I'm sure someone said on here we have been using it for number of years. 

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

If Broughton does not meet any statutory or other requirements then why the feck is he employed in the position he is !?!?

Cos he is the director of football not the club secretary or CEO of the club. You are trying to blame for something he isn't responsible for. You were against his appointment from day one.

15 hours ago, J*B said:

They paid for access to City’s on deadline day because it’s easier to get people to (train, plane, motorway access). Usually it’s all done at Brockhall. 

I don't think it's easier to get to at all? They did it there because Greg openly admitted he wanted to take Lewis for some 'nice food' in case he was hungry, almost like a weird first date when he was recalling it 🤨

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I don't think it's easier to get to at all? They did it there because Greg openly admitted he wanted to take Lewis for some 'nice food' in case he was hungry, almost like a weird first date when he was recalling it 🤨

What's wrong with scampi and chips?

It was good enough for Super Atko.

Not surprising that GB has to jump through hoops with the player and his agent.

End of the day in the modern game you’ve got to treat average footballers (in the grand scheme of things) like movie stars . 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Nottingham to Manchester would have been easier than to Brockhall

Wish I had Waggott's job. He must be the only CEO in the world that isn't responsible for the performance of the organisation he leads.

Calamitous failure of a January window and yet nothing to do with him. Could be Broughton, could be Silvester, could be Gus Williams, yet Slippery Steve's not to blame.

If he is indeed CEO, and continues to rake in a six figure salary for the privilege, then he takes ultimate responsibility for ALL elements of the operation. If he isn't responsible for all departments or doesn't have the power to do anything about it, then he isn't CEO, and should resign or adopt a different job title.

I said the moment Broughton was appointed the motive behind his appointment was to delegate blame for the inevitable mess that unfolded. So far it is working perfectly to plan.

So long as anger and blame doesn't end up directed at Venkys or their henchman in the shadows they are happy.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It would take longer from Manchester to Brockhall plus factoring the time of travel and likelihood of travel being busy aswell. 

I think he set off from Nottingham… which is (according to Google) 25 minutes nearer to Man City’s facilities than ours…

On 01/05/2023 at 08:16, Ossydave said:

This sort of claim keeps popping up and I'm yet to see an interview where he said anything about 'nice food' or 'a restaurant' (another claim). I did however watch an interview where he merely mentioned they made sure the player had some food, which is not the same thing as is being made out.

There is enough to criticise from the window fiasco that there's no need to start making up or exaggerating details. If someone has a link to an interview where he actually talked about some kind of wining and dining than fair enough, until then I'm considering it some sort of weird Mandela Effect.

On 01/05/2023 at 13:14, wilsdenrover said:

The 25 minutes (driving time) saved turned out to be crucial…

Brockhall to Manchester in 25 mins... did we fly him?! 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

You could argue that there's as much "nice food" in and around the Ribble Valley as in Manchester.

Strewth, I think you'd be using the special code word at the bar if Gregg walked in 😉 

On 18/05/2023 at 11:14, chaddyrovers said:

"Sorry Nathan, we have to maintain an average age of 24.5 in the squad. Computer says, "no"."

• Like 1

GB is another chancer imo another very lucky person to be riding the venkys gravy train . 

For the January mess  in any other business he'd have been potted

I keep asking myself is promotion ever on the agenda ?

Edited by Athlete
  • Like 5