BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Sporting Director / DOF

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You cannot legislate when the EFL ask a question that in my view is irrelevant in the final hour of the transfer window and when the question is responded to, albeit 8-10 minutes after the deadline has passed and then fail to use common sense in allowing the transfer(s) to go ahead.

As you have said to others, I suggest you educate yourself on what actually went on. The EFL confirmed that agreement was reached on the 'irrelevant' question a whole hour before the deadline. The deadline was still missed. It was a non-issue. It was only brought up by the club as a smokescreen. 

• Like 4

• Backroom

I don’t really care if he stays or goes, it will just be another through the revolving door of folk in high places with wishy washy role titles and blurred accountabilities, remember Paul Senior?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You cannot legislate a player going back in his word having agreed to a loan deal.

You cannot legislate when the EFL ask a question that in my view is irrelevant in the final hour of the transfer window and when the question is responded to, albeit 8-10 minutes after the deadline has passed and then fail to use common sense in allowing the transfer(s) to go ahead.

You cannot legislate for a young and inexperienced player failing to complete his own paperwork correctly and then sending it off unaware he has made a basic error.

Apparently you cannot do anything wrong if you're employed by Blackburn Rovers!

We've been here before haven't we?

28 minutes ago, 47er said:

Apparently you cannot do anything wrong if you're employed by Blackburn Rovers!

We've been here before haven't we?

Absolutely not! This who are to be held accountable should be held to account and not hide behind a face as has been done.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

As you have said to others, I suggest you educate yourself on what actually went on. The EFL confirmed that agreement was reached on the 'irrelevant' question a whole hour before the deadline. The deadline was still missed. It was a non-issue. It was only brought up by the club as a smokescreen. 

It was the actual response sent by Rovers to the irrelevant question that was late. We all know an agreement was made in and from various sources, it is the unnecessary bits that caused the issues.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It was the actual response sent by Rovers to the irrelevant question that was late. We all know an agreement was made in and from various sources, it is the unnecessary bits that caused the issues.

Nope, that issue on the relegation clause was sorted an hour before deadline. It's all in the report. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You cannot legislate a player going back in his word having agreed to a loan deal B.

You cannot legislate for a young and inexperienced player failing to complete his own paperwork correctly and then sending it off unaware he has made a basic error.

Changes are required in ownership and I retain a view that Rovers need a NEW CEO, a dynamic think out of the box type CEO who can bring the club wholly together to work within the current set up and finally a new secretary with competence attached to his CV!

Point A happens all the time in football so you need to be sure or have a plan.

Point C Of course you can legislate for that you've just pointed out why it should be thoroughly checked before it's sent off by those in paid position to make sure things go correctly.

And finally my point - You cannot constantly place blame for everything on anything and everybody apart from those at the club - as you always do.  Sometimes, not all the time, but often they ARE responsible.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, JHRover said:

I simply don't believe that Broughton is the cause of the problem. 

We've had similar issues in January transfer windows going back longer than I can remember. It happened every year under Mowbray too.

I don't know if he is competent or not, I don't know if he is up to the job or not, but I know a fall guy when I see one and believe he's been set up to take the grief on behalf of others. They tried conning us into believing Mowbray was sat on a pile of cash and inexplicably declined to spend it. Now they are trying to con us into believing Broughton is some sort of buffoon who derailed our season in January. 

I simply don't believe it. This comes back to the owners and their shadow man who get away with it every time. 

Broughton goes and it all starts again. Another name and face giving interviews, another 'process' starts and then another excuse dragged out when we fail to invest in January next time around, rather than just admitting that the money men won't authorise the necessary expenditure.

The biggest issue the team had in January was it had no striker. Broughton by his own admission considered 25 strikers and didn't get one through the door. Had he managed to get a decent Championship striker in we would be sat comfortable in the play offs at worse and have made an FA Cup semi final. 

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, number one target for both GB and JDT....How can they get it so wrong, and with JDT being a striker by trade...worrying times.

Not sure that he was JDT's choice myself as I highly doubt he had ever heard of him. A young English player with a good record in youth football he seems to be very much like a Broughton signing.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The biggest issue the team had in January was it had no striker. Broughton despite by his own admission considered 25 strikers and didn't get one through the door. Had he managed to get a decent Championship striker in we would be sat comfortable in the play offs at worse and have made an FA Cup semi final. 

Not sure that he was JDT's choice myself as I highly doubt he had ever heard of him. A young English player with a good record in youth football he seems to be very much like a Broughton signing.

So, with GB saying it was his and JDTs first choice, you think Greggy was spinning a yarn.?

46 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I do.

It's all about presenting a united front, as they would do with any signing.

So, if we have to move forward with one of them, it has to be JDT then and GB has to move on....I have my reservations about what's going on with not playing Wharton hardly, people like Dolan playing and AW and HL not getting any time....just all not right for me.

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

You cannot legislate a player going back in his word having agreed to a loan deal.

Changes are required in ownership and I retain a view that Rovers need a NEW CEO, a dynamic think out of the box type CEO who can bring the club wholly together to work within the current set up and finally a new secretary with competence attached to his CV!

Whats caused the second 180 spin on Waggott? From calling him a Maggot, to being in his office every week, now you want rid of him. Why, and do you feel at all regretful that you were in any way tricked by his words?

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

To be fair he did blame Swag on the match thread… his secretary must have changed the brand of teabags.

He's still never been the same since he drank that coffee as like a lot he was a bit feral at times before but now he is positively tamed 🤣

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He's still never been the same since he drank that coffee as like a lot he was a bit feral at times before but now he is positively tamed 🤣

At the end of the day, everything is a symptom of the owners.

More clued up and interested owners wouldn't have Waggot or Silvester working for the club. They also would have moved heaven and earth to get a striker in in Jan (increasing budget to do it if needed) and probably would have sorted O'Brien without any issues as well. A lot of the time we don't move quickly for players due to budget limitations.

Edited by phili
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, phili said:

More clued up and interested owners wouldn't have Waggot or Silvester working for the club. They also would have moved heaven and earth to get a striker in in Jan (increasing budget to do it if needed) and probably would have sorted O'Brien without any issues as well. A lot of the time we don't move quickly for players due to budget limitations.

Do you get know or get the impression that:

a) GB and JDT have fallen out?

b) JDT will walk away this summer?

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Do you get know or get the impression that:

a) GB and JDT have fallen out?

b) JDT will walk away this summer?

A) I don't think they have fallen out, I think both are incredibly frustrated with how Jan turned out.

B) he is very ambitious so it's a possibility. I think he knows we have a great academy and a lot of potential. Most of our players have now been tied down to new contracts by Greg (which I don't think would have happened with Waggot and his home grown wage limits), so it's up to JDT.

Edited by phili

3 hours ago, phili said:

But they still have people in place with more than  enough necessary experience and being paid enough to deal with these things.

Budget limitations apply to most in this league and two of them will finish above us.

Checking paperwork is filled in correctly is such a basic requirement in any kind of business it's beyond stupid to get caught out.