BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Sporting Director / DOF

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Every club will have lists, obviously every club is planning but it doesnt mean those players will be good or indeed actually will sign.

That why we are detailing scouting into players for the past 3 months and have our target lists. nothing guaranteed you success in the players being good but even some of the great managers have made poor signings in the past. Mowbray made a number of poor signings during his time here. 

People surely base their judgement on the % of successes to failure. In terms of getting a striker, Broughtons success rate is 0% so I have obviously dont have total faith in him but hopefully it will be third time lucky. I don't swallow the endless excuses offered up.

They aren't excuses but actually facts of what happened. 

This summers excuse could be that the new head of recruitment is new.

most of the scouting and researching plus have target lists has already been done before Sean Kimberley joined as GB said to the last meeting at the fans forum 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That why we are detailing scouting into players for the past 3 months and have our target lists. nothing guaranteed you success in the players being good but even some of the great managers have made poor signings in the past. Mowbray made a number of poor signings during his time here. 

They aren't excuses but actually facts of what happened. 

most of the scouting and researching plus have target lists has already been done before Sean Kimberley joined as GB said to the last meeting at the fans forum 

Obviously no one has 100% success and I would never expect that. Point being that having fucked the task of getting a competent striker up twice, why would anyone have total faith in him getting it right this summer?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The deal was agreed and the player agreed before he had a chance of heart. He has just scored 2 goals today. 

We should have signed a striker in January. Do you blame him for the administration problem with the contract?

I didn’t mention and don’t really care that much about the administration problem, though he certainly bares some responsibility for the fiasco as does Silvester. We’ve had a better midfielder than O’Brien in our squad all season who we haven’t utilised enough.

It means absolutely nothing to agree a deal until it’s signed and sealed. Broughton gets no brownie points for trying but failing, he doesn’t get any for Undav scoring two today either. He was clearly expected to bring in a striker in January and he failed miserably.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I didn’t mention and don’t really care that much about the administration problem, though he certainly bares some responsibility for the fiasco as does Silvester. We’ve had a better midfielder than O’Brien in our squad all season who we haven’t utilised enough.

It means absolutely nothing to agree a deal until it’s signed and sealed. Broughton gets no brownie points for trying but failing, he doesn’t get any for Undav scoring two today either. He was clearly expected to bring in a striker in January and he failed miserably.

I like that we’ve downgraded it to an administration problem

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously no one has 100% success and I would never expect that. Point being that having fucked the task of getting a competent striker up twice, why would anyone have total faith in him getting it right this summer?

Hirst look a good choice given his form the previous season and again he is the main striker for Ipswich who just got Promoted.

I never said total faith anyway in my post did I but I said I still had the same amount of faith in GB to deliver what we need this summer regardless of the past experiences.  

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I didn’t mention and don’t really care that much about the administration problem, though he certainly bares some responsibility for the fiasco as does Silvester.

The blame shouldn't be aimed at Broughton but the admin department 

We’ve had a better midfielder than O’Brien in our squad all season who we haven’t utilised enough.

down to personal opinion. 

I don't agree that GB failed with Undav as it was out of control. Problems with loan deals. 

even on deadline day we wanted a striker but who we tried to sign I don't know

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hirst look a good choice given his form the previous season and again he is the main striker for Ipswich who just got Promoted.

I never said total faith anyway in my post did I but I said I still had the same amount of faith in GB to deliver what we need this summer regardless of the past experiences.  

I don't agree that GB failed with Undav as it was out of control. Problems with loan deals. 

You seem reluctant to acknowledge any flaws with Broughton at all which is quite astonishing considering the (non)events of the January window.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

You seem reluctant to acknowledge any flaws with Broughton at all which is quite astonishing considering the (non)events of the January window.

I’m impressed that he’s defending GB (who I have no particular issue with) by pointing out the signings we failed to make and a signing we did make but was one of the worst of recent seasons.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hirst didn't look a great choice to me and many others just on the back of half a decent season at a lower level, but either way, he clearly wasn't anywhere good enough, so the deal was a failure.

He also failed in January, the whys and why nots are not really relevant in judging that, excuses aside, he FAILED to get anyone.

So as I have said. 2 windows to get a striker, he has failed twice. Therefore doubts that he will sort it in the summer are justified. Blind and total faith seems bizarre to me.

34 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

As much as I rate Adam Wharton, Lewis O'Brien is proven as a stand out Championship midfielder. I don't think at this stage personally that Wharton can be considered better. The two together would have been good though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The O'Brien fiasco as that wasn't in his department but he was man enough to take the blame when others should have face up. 

Stop stating that as a fact Chaddy unless you have information that can fill in the lack of activity in the final hour which I posted about here.

We have no idea why the paperwork was submitted late, and we have no evidence it wasn’t partly down to Broughton.

For all we know blaming the secretary is like blaming the taxi driver for picking you up late when the desk forgot to give him all the information needed about the job. “Well it’s his job to drive the car here”.

GB may have accepted responsibility because, well, it was his responsibility which caused us to start submitting the paperwork late.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I said just after the transfer window closes that GB was at fault for not being in striker during the window, but transfers aren't so simple tho

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Stop stating that as a fact Chaddy unless you have information that can fill in the lack of activity in the final hour which I posted about here.

We have no idea why the paperwork was submitted late, and we have no evidence it wasn’t partly down to Broughton.

For all we know blaming the secretary is like blaming the taxi driver for picking you up late when the desk forgot to give him all the information needed about the job. “Well it’s his job to drive the car here”.

GB may have accepted responsibility because, well, it was his responsibility which caused us to start submitting the paperwork late.

GB isn't responsible for the paperwork side of the transfers that is Silvester and his staff to sort out. That's his job

Why would it be down to Broughton? 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hirst didn't look a great choice to me and many others just on the back of half a decent season at a lower level, but either way, he clearly wasn't anywhere good enough, so the deal was a failure.

fair enough. Football is a game of opinions

He also failed in January, the whys and why nots are not really relevant in judging that, excuses aside, he FAILED to get anyone.

of course it is relevant as you can see why a deal didn't happen and what the background was. 

So as I have said. 2 windows to get a striker, he has failed twice. Therefore doubts that he will sort it in the summer are justified. Blind and total faith seems bizarre to me.

your first comment is wrong cos we did a striker who just didn't well enough for us. Yes we failed to bring in striker which we all said wasn't acceptance

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Transfers obviously aren't simple, but that isn't relevant. People are paid considerable amounts to perform that important role and are judged on the players they do and don't bring in. Broughton fucked up.

of course its relevant we have a deal agreed twice during the January transfer window before Undav pulled out and Lorient decided to cancel the loan deal cos they sold another striker. 

We all said Broughton should have sign a striker in the window as we all said including myself. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough. Football is a game of opinions

of course it is relevant as you can see why a deal didn't happen and what the background was. 

your first comment is wrong cos we did a striker who just didn't well enough for us. Yes we failed to bring in striker which we all said wasn't acceptance

It is hard not to have the opinion that Hirst was a big failure here, hence why he was gone in January.

Be pedantic all you side, I have said that he has failed twice to bring in a competent striker and I don't think anyone can argue with that.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

GB isn't responsible for the paperwork side of the transfers that is Silvester and his staff to sort out. That's his job

Why would it be down to Broughton? 

Hypothetically, because Silvester needed further information from Waggot, Broughton and the Players in order to submit the paperwork and they took almost an hour to confirm that back to him?

Otherwise why did we do nothing for an hour? Do you honestly think Silvester just put  his feet up and dossed about playing Angry Birds when he should have been uploading paperwork?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Hypothetically, because Silvester needed further information from Waggot, Broughton and the Players in order to submit the paperwork and they took almost an hour to confirm that back to him?

Otherwise why did we do nothing for an hour? Do you honestly think Silvester just put  his feet up and dossed about playing Angry Birds when he should have been uploading paperwork?

none of know for sure. pointless speculation IMO. 

More important for me is we have no problems like in the summer transfer window

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can’t believe you you see GB as innocent in all this. I’d go as far to say he has let JDT down and failed miserably with his first task. 

He has tied some of the young lads down to contracts but let’s be realistic that is a pretty standard thing……Waggotts incompetence in the past shouldn’t make us think it’s not a common practice! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

none of know for sure. pointless speculation IMO. 

More important for me is we have no problems like in the summer transfer window

Exactly. I don’t know. You don’t know.

So stop talking as though it’s fact that it was Silvester’s  fault that the paperwork was late, and that Broughton has no blame attached to his name, when we don’t know why there was a delay in uploading it.

And before you just go around in a circle and say “it’s not Broughton’s job to upload the paperwork” , go back and read my taxi analogy.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Exactly. I don’t know. You don’t know.

So stop talking as though it’s fact that it was Silvester’s  fault that the paperwork was late, and that Broughton has no blame his name, when we don’t know why there was a delay in uploading it.

And before you just go around in a circle and say “it’s not Broughton’s job to upload the paperwork” , go back and read my taxi analogy.

I will leave it there cos we won't agree 

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will leave it there cos we won't agree 

We do agree. We both agree we don’t know what caused the delay for the O’Brien paperwork to be submitted late. You’ve clearly said that to me 4 posts above.

All I’m saying is stop blaming Silvester and absolving Broughton when we clearly have no idea who is to blame.

The only reason I’m critical of GB for January’s mess is because he basically said “blame me”.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Hello, it’s Waggott who is ultimately to blame, he’s the chief exec. He chose to go down to St Andrews. He’s done bugger all in rectifying the balls up so it doesn’t happen again and again and finally he has reneged on the promise to explain to the supporters what occurred. 
Accountability and integrity, resign, drain the swamp Venkys and get yourselves a functioning board and operations department. 

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Broughton is the DOF.  Footballing matters are his responsibility.  When time is of the essence and you are working to a strict and defined schedule, you should ensure that ALL key personnel are under one roof for the day including Waggott and any medical personnel required for a medical or medicals.  Additionally, wasn't Broughton watering and feeding O'Brien in Manchester? - IMO, what feckin nonsense if correct.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, philipl said:

In Chaddy's defence, the FL rules are explicit that the CEO or Company Secretary signature is required. 

At what point in my last few posts have I ever refuted that?

Are you believing that everything was hunky dory at 10pm but the company secreteary decided to just go and do other things rather than sign the paperwork and start uploading?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2