BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Russell Martin is GB first target then go and approach Swansea for him. Don't give up just before he gone to Southampton 

Why on earth would we make an approach for Martin when we still have a manager?

Do you think Martin or any other manager would wait around to see if our managers position became available 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Even if he was backed in January and we had finished in the play offs this season, he isn't turning down Feyenoord to stay here.

Exactly, I can’t wait to see the meltdown on social media blaming the top (as much as they are incompetence) on JDT moving to a massive club. 

5 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I know he’s fairly unpleasant but Nathan Jones is unemployed. Does better with a small budget and is fiercely competitive! 

Does he play the way JDT does? No thanks. We need a replacement if he goes that plays similar cos that our footballing style and structure within the club. I would probably be looking overseas for his replacement 

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Even if he was backed in January and we had finished in the play offs this season, he isn't turning down Feyenoord to stay here.

He might if he'd got us to the PL. 

Anyhow it's Sunday morning and what a surprise Alan Nixon is in The Sun linking a Rovers employee with a move elsewhere.

Next news is Rich Sharp and Elliott Jackson follow it up in midweek with similar in the Telegraph and 'Lancs Live' and what starts as column filler from Nixon quickly becomes fact simply by being repeated.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why on earth would we make an approach for Martin when we still have a manager?

Do you think Martin or any other manager would wait around to see if our managers position became available 

All depends how quickly Feyenoord move for JDT if Slot does take the Spurs job

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Exactly, I can’t wait to see the meltdown on social media blaming the top (as much as they are incompetence) on JDT moving to a massive club. 

Would there be much of a ‘meltdown’? From what I’ve seen at Ewood and on wider social media is that the fanbase hasn’t particularly warmed to him, a candle is still being held for TM by many (not on here, obviously!).

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does he play the way JDT does? No thanks. We need a replacement if he goes that plays similar cos that our footballing style and structure within the club. I would probably be looking overseas for his replacement 

You might have to want chaddy...the club is skint.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Would there be much of a ‘meltdown’? From what I’ve seen at Ewood and on wider social media is that the fanbase hasn’t particularly warmed to him, a candle is still being held for TM by many (not on here, obviously!).

I meant people blaming it on GB & Waggot that JDT would leave to a Dutch giant. I mean they won’t have helped but either way he’s not turning them down, even if he hadn’t been let down etc. it’s completely out of our hands unfortunately.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

I meant people blaming it on GB & Waggot that JDT would leave to a Dutch giant. I mean they won’t have helped but either way he’s not turning them down, even if he hadn’t been let down etc. it’s completely out of our hands unfortunately.

They might, but a lot would just shrug their shoulders. Speak to regulars around you in August if he did go, I bet there wouldn’t be much hand wringing over it…

42 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I wouldn’t want Martin even if JDT went elsewhere, Swansea are one of the most boring teams I’ve set eyes on in recent seasons

Exactly. they football their way nowhere every season and Mowbray already tried turning us into them and finished 15th.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

A lot of hares running after a usual Sunday morning column filler by a hack… however The Sunday Times is reporting that Nagelsmann is still the favorite for the Tottenham job…

A week ago it was reported by the BBC and others that Spurs weren't interested in Nagelsmann.

The Telegraph then said they were interested again because their new DoF might want him. Trouble is they haven't appointed a new DoF.  All a bit messy at the Lane!

Why Tottenham could now make U-turn on decision to ignore Nagelsmann (hitc.com)

30 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I know he’s fairly unpleasant but Nathan Jones is unemployed. Does better with a small budget and is fiercely competitive! 

We’re the wrong sort of club for Jones. We’re similar to Stoke and to an extent Southampton where he failed. Too many players/employees at the clubs on Easy Street. Jones works better with hungry players who actually want to win things.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Can't really grumble that JDT would leave to go to Feyenoord, Dutch champions and champions league football. 

Here's your chance to all laugh at me... There's only one person I'd want... Steven Gerard. 

• Like 1