BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I can't see anybody on her agreeing with me🙈 but if tommason was to leave I think Solskjaer would be a great fit for us

Just hope that if jdt does go that it's all done and dusted with a new man in before the transfer window opens up next month and for the love of god well before pre season starts, otherwise it's just going to be a rinse and repeat of last summer constantly trying to catch up.

P.s. i dont think tommason is good enough to manage in the english prem, he's a bit of a 3rd rate klopp/ten hag/etc... Just doesn't have the leadership qualities of those guys(amongst other things) a very average European clup in a relitvely weak league like feyenhord is probably his level at best.

All that said!!! I would be happy if he just committed to us and signed a new improved contract extension and finish what he started!

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Slot going to Spurs could be the worst thing to happen to Rovers this summer

They are the only club that bothers me. I never believed JDT would go elsewhere; Feyenoord though, after his European exploits there as a player and recent qualification into the CL, might just be tempted to try and relive some former magic with their talismanic attacker

Better hope Levy screws Slot up somehow

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly it will be Broughton who would bring in the next head coach and he did a good job at bringing in JDT within a week of his own appointment. 

Also no we shouldn't be thankful of any decent manager coming here. What a load of tripe that is. Also is the comment about employing another bargain basement version. 

Chaddy, I forgot what a nasty little fellow you were, thank for reminding me. For a guy who spouts so much docile nonsense you should really watch what you say.

Some questions. I’ll answer them for you as you clearly struggle.

Was Owen Coyle a bargain basement option? Yes. (I know you famously supported him during his time here so sorry if that stings)

Did we have a “healthy” budget when Gregg sweet talked Tomasson. Yes.

Has Gregg told us the cupboard is bare now. Yes.

Are Venkys still in ultimate control? Yes.

Did they employ Owen Coyle? Yes.

So now I’ve jogged your addled memory, how is employing a decent manager “tripe” exactly?

Are you saying in the interests of maintaining continuity you’d employ an average or even poor manager just because he wants to pass the ball? Over a solid manager that will employ any methods possible to win games?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

And the fact he doesn't know what he's doing.

Perfect fit for this club.

He’s a name, which the owners will have heard of. That’s the worry.

Obviously, we’re discussing a scenario which may not happen, but you would think that spin doctor Gregg will be kingmaker if we need a new Head Coach.

That could well mean another left field appointment.

12 minutes ago, SBlue said:

Has been linked with Prem jobs so maybe out of our league but surely Gregg would be having a word with Kjetil Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt?

Hear he's highly rated.

I mentioned yesterday that, when his name was being suggested a year ago, a Norwegian journalist claimed the two didn’t see eye to eye and barely spoke,

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I mentioned yesterday that, when his name was being suggested a year ago, a Norwegian journalist claimed the two didn’t see eye to eye and barely spoke,

Oh right. Probably not then. Got me hopes up!

• Like 1

I don't think we'll be appointing a manager that is 50 or above. Broughton seems obsessed with numbers and processes (talks about the average squad age that he'd like), and I suspect the only candidates he'll be looking to take on will be younger managers that are willing to take on the Rovers "project". Forget Wilder, Rodgers, or any other manager of that ilk. Scott Parker would be more likely. 🤭

Anyway, JDT is nowhere near leaving as it stands. It'll be an interesting few weeks ahead.

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Anyway, JDT is nowhere near leaving as it stands. It'll be an interesting few weeks ahead.

His comments following the final match of the season were the giveaway, for me.

”I don’t want to speculate”, practically screamed that he’s seriously thinking of leaving.

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes or with his (new) agent.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well like I said yesterday that might be your way but its not my way of thinking. For me, you employ someone who will play a similar way and take it on to that next level. Why put in place a style of play, make signings that fit that and do over 6 months of scouting players to fit that style of play. Yet people want to this rip up and start again. 

So does this mean that if we end up with a new manager this summer, you won’t be happy with any excuses of him having not had time to implement his style? Supposedly this means the transition should be fairly seamless.

I only ask as “give him time to implement his style/ideas” or “he needs x amount of windows to build his squad” are always used to excuse poor performances or a drop off in form. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

It looks like part of the reason that Farke is leaving Borussia Monchengladbach is because they don't have the budget that he was hoping for. If there's any truth in that, there is probably little chance of him being attracted to Rovers unless he'd be happy with selling our prized asset for a hefty fee to reinvest.

Then again, I think Farke is the type that we'd be after. It appears to be style and process (whatever that means) over substance. Here's what looks like a fairly common viewpoint from one of their supporters that I cribbed from somewhere:

"Don't know if I'm in the minority here but I'm glad Farke is leaving. I've never been convinced by him. People talk about his time in Norwich but I wasn't too impressed by that either. Yes we pass the ball around a lot but we are not incisive. We also don't seem to have a plan B."

Sound familiar?

Either way, I can't see him ending up here, but then again, I'm not sure his stock is that high since his days at Norwich. And that's starting to be some time ago, now.

2 promotions from this league  🤷‍♂️ recently.

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

It looks like part of the reason that Farke is leaving Borussia Monchengladbach is because they don't have the budget that he was hoping for. If there's any truth in that, there is probably little chance of him being attracted to Rovers unless he'd be happy with selling our prized asset for a hefty fee to reinvest.

Farke gets 20 million for Warton, lines up a 5 million replacement, gets on to India so sign the check, gets the response "what money?"

Quits like Lambert. Messageboard full of "had to pay the bills" "FFP" etc.

I hope we never sell another player because there is no evidence that those fees are ever ring-fenced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I can't see anybody on her agreeing with me🙈 but if tommason was to leave I think Solskjaer would be a great fit for us

Just hope that if jdt does go that it's all done and dusted with a new man in before the transfer window opens up next month and for the love of god well before pre season starts, otherwise it's just going to be a rinse and repeat of last summer constantly trying to catch up.

P.s. i dont think tommason is good enough to manage in the english prem, he's a bit of a 3rd rate klopp/ten hag/etc... Just doesn't have the leadership qualities of those guys(amongst other things) a very average European clup in a relitvely weak league like feyenhord is probably his level at best.

All that said!!! I would be happy if he just committed to us and signed a new improved contract extension and finish what he started!

If solskjaer is so good why has he been unemployed for 2 years.

Why would feyenord not knocking down his door, since there would not even be compo due.

He failed at Cardiff city, from memory was nothing special at molde considering their resources and then failed upwards into the biggest job around because he had some lucky results while keeping the seat warm for a real manager and their idiot fans insisted he got the job full time.

Was Roberto di Matteo at Chelsea all over again. At least Abramovich had the stones to bin that loser before he did any lasting damage. United built the most expensive collection of shite the world has ever seen.

• Like 2

While JDT might jump at the chance to manage Feyenoord, I would expect the Dutch champions to set their sights a bit higher than the Head Coach of a team in the second tier of English football that didn't reach the play-offs. Not everyone here has been convinced by JDT, and while I think he has done well, take sentimentality out of it, and I doubt he'd be anywhere close to a job like Feyenoord.

When Feyenoord appointed Slot, he was a standout candidate. I'm not sure JDT is.

• Like 3