BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

6 minutes ago, M_B said:

Well if that's the case, please would you get a message back to them and tell them they're playing for everyone who turns up on Saturday. It would be nice of them to actually turn up themselves now and again. 

If they can't be arsed, tell them to let us know in advance so we don't need to bother. 

And if that's true about Travis, good riddance.

• Like 3

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

all will be revealed on saturday wether we are up for the challenge,huddersfield are basic but determined

Even if they are up for it a lot rides on if SS is back and if Wahlsted is dropped.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I shouldn't ever say never, but 99.99% of the time it does not happen

Players respect their own reputation too. Throwing games is a sin. I have seen dressing room bust ups because other plays have called out someone for not putting in 100% - literal fist fighting. "Not playing for the manager" is imo a lazy statement

Didn’t go to cardiff and watch that twat Duffy then ?

• Like 8

Huddersfield spanked us 3-0 a few weeks ago so it’s not going to be a picnic on Saturday. If we just carry on with the same tactics and approach what’s going to change?

Edited by roverblue

1 hour ago, booth said:

And if that's true about Travis, good riddance.

If he was pointing out some of the same things the fans are then good on him. as club captain and senior pro he's every right to air his views. He was hardly sabotaging anything as things have been bad for ages, most of the season if you look at the home form.

And we were worse on Saturday and he isn't here now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If he was pointing out some of the same things the fans are then good on him. as club captain and senior pro he's every right to air his views. He was hardly sabotaging anything as things have been bad for ages, most of the season if you look at the home form.

And we were worse on Saturday and he isn't here now.

It depends how he aired them, and if it’s as nonsensical as what some of the fans are expecting, within a club in obvious turmoil, then it’s hardly surprising he isn’t wanted.

A case of weak management because he can't handle senior pros with strong characters here ?

Or strong management because he don't take no crap and it's his way or the highway, who knows but we've seen similar before with Kean and Bowyer.

Nice lads only need apply except now it's nice kids only.

38 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A case of weak management because he can't handle senior pros with strong characters here ?

Or strong management because he don't take no crap and it's his way or the highway, who knows but we've seen similar before with Kean and Bowyer.

Nice lads only need apply except now it's nice kids only.

If true, I imagine he has to put up with enough garbage from the owners, the CEO and Venkys UK delegates. The last thing he’ll want is to also get it from a player he made captain, who immediately repaid him with some awful performances (last season).

But I think the most likely reason for Travis going is to make way for a CB on less wages.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Gallagher also goes, replaced by a player with an even lesser goal record, and much lesser wage.

It’s been the plan since, as far as I know,  late last season. Get anyone on a decent deal off the wage bill. Sell any assets. Deal with it as cheaply as possible. And it pissed off staff and players. If anyone caused any turmoil in the dressing room it was Waggott for not being honest about the direction the club was heading (earlier).

Edited by booth
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, booth said:

It’s been the plan since, as far as I know,  late last season. Get anyone on a decent deal off the wage bill. Sell any assets. Deal with it as cheaply as possible. And it pissed off staff and players. If anyone caused any turmoil in the dressing room it was Waggott for not being honest about the direction the club was heading (earlier).

why is jdt still here then,not many managers would put up with that

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

why is jdt still here then,not many managers would put up with that

It’s a lot of money to walk away from so perhaps he’d rather be sacked? He clearly doesn’t know the owners like we do. Or perhaps he thinks it’s only a blip and next season will be different and we’ll be back on with the project. Maybe he’s waiting to see if he gets some luck in January and we actually get some game changers in the squad. He seems an optimistic character but perhaps that’s expecting a bit too much.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was crossing his mind right now.

On 14/01/2024 at 15:54, Mercer said:

Coyle the clown got Burnley promoted to the PL which is more than any clowns have achieved at Rovers since we were last relegated from the PL!

It's down to JDT not to sign or select players who consistently make mistakes, don't mark correctly or can't catch the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm, JDT doesn't sign the players. He is dealt a hand by those in the shadows and the bright eyed baldy guy. There is an old saying that you can't make a silk purse with a sow's ear, which appears apposite to JDT's position. It's also known as a shit sandwich, and a situation that is unpalatable for anyone asked to chow down, like us fans, like the bright eyed baldy guy, like JDT. It's probably not a box of chocolates for the playing staff either.

Yes, our keeper is a liability. Yes, our defence is a hapless shambles, Yes, there appears to be a fire sale in the offing, Yes, we as fans have no influence whatsoever on what happens on or off the pitch. But we still care.

Is there a magic solution?

It seems unlikely, with us so balls-deep in the mire. But as I said in an earlier post, a couple of wins would put a whole different slant on the situation and outlook. What a pity we seem incapable of delivering even that miniscule feat at the moment.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67990821

The only reason I'd be happy if JDT leaves now is if we get Mou

I'd be happy with this fella, and if this report is to be believed he'd be right at home.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2024/01/16/steve-cooper-had-no-idea-30-year-old-was-going-to-sign-for-nottingham-forest-he-did-not-agree-to-it/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too, but he’ll have offers from normal clubs.

I don't seriously believe we would appoint him, or he'd come here.

It was in response to having Mourinho as boss. If we were a normal club we'd be trying to attract these managers.

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Our manager search will be in the same bargain bucket as our player search 

can’t see anything more than a yes man who wouldn’t be fussed about relegation 

Yes, someone who would happily work under Broughton and accept his teenage signings.

That narrows it down significantly.

10 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Yes, someone who would happily work under Broughton and accept his teenage signings.

Based on the fact that the owners won't permit older signings as shown by them allowing Hill after stopping Batth, that isn't his doing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Can I ask, why is it you think it's Broughtons decision to ignore experience and go for kids?

This summer after last season ended Broughton specifically said experience was required and he would be looking to bring it in.

When there was money about , Hyam ,Szmodic and Brittain where all signed all with championship experience and no way near being kids.

Even this summer before budget cuts Tronstad and Sigurrdson cant be described as kids.

Leo looks a shit signing considering what we spent on him ,better could have been bought.

His failure to bring in a goalscoring striker personally I don't put too much blame onto him for that as he has no budget for 1, and there are hardly any goalscoring centre forwards in the championship, and the ones that are in it we don't have the budget to sign 

• Like 1

It is really hard to judge Broughton especially this season with not only the budget cuts but the policy on not signing anyone out of nappies.

I certainly don't think that recruitment has improved upon before he was here, I am not convinced by him and getting the job was a big jump for him.