BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm not grinning, you're grinning 🤭🤭

Mowbray is just kryptonite for club moral.

Absolutely miserable excuse making defeatist chancer. 

We need him to run down the history of the club in the press for a full house. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

How much time are Itv4 spending on this 0-0 draw for the first match shown?

Rovers will get 2 mins and no pundit discussion 😞

We don't give a damn, 

We don't give a shite

We'll even go to jail, for the boys in blue and white

A couple of comments from the Sunderland message board - sounds eerily familiar…

Been saying this for ages (and I like TM) but we have been lucky the way the team plays, the challenge comes when teams suss us, he isnt tactically aware enough and cant change the game. Missing a striker, midfield of dwarves, we need change.

Don’t think Mowbray’s at that stage yet, to be honest. I just think he’s flailing about now, trying to find an innovative way to get us up the pitch and occupy defenders. He’s already tried throwing a young LB up front. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Ryan Giles' incredible transformation into a LB/LWB continues at Boro as he notched two more assists and a clean sheet and is the now the highest assist-maker in the league.

Mowbray did well to get Ryan Giles and then messed him about by playing him on the right wing. We should have signed him. A very good player and would have been an asset to Rovers. I like Pickering but Giles would have been an upgrade

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

“Trying to find an innovative way to get us up the pitch and occupy defenders. He’s already tried throwing a young LB up front.“

Got a lot of time for big Tone, but that is objectively hilarious.

Never change Moggers.

11 hours ago, Rover_in_the_South said:

Hilarious reading that Sunderland forum, so fickle. Few weeks ago they were getting a stiffy over the biscuit fan...

Sunderland fans will over reacted to that Stoke Defeat badly and given their reaction to Alex Neil coming back and getting one over them will hurt them more. 

• Moderation Lead
15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Russell Martin seems to be losing the plot at the minute. 

Can't believe that Stoke scored 5 goals today. Wow. Been awful most of the season. 

Good point for Blackpool and PNE today

Not sure he ever had it, to be honest.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

.... .... .... ....

Can't believe that Stoke scored 5 goals today. Wow. Been awful most of the season

.... .... .... ....

Time was when I'd have put, "Let's hope it isn't an omen for Friday." in reply to that, @chaddyrovers.

I don't feel the need to be so superstitious under the current regime.

12 hours ago, SBlue said:

Got a lot of time for big Tone, but that is objectively hilarious.

Never change Moggers.

I'd love Mowbray to reverse a death spiral for once in his career. Frustratingly their next 3 fixtures are against Norwich, Sheffield United and Luton. I imagine that'll be 3 points in the bag for each of those teams. As hilarious as it'll be we could really do with him doing us a favour or two.

11 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Coventry City look like they might be the team to make that late run into the playoffs. Comfortable 4-0 win and a striker in great form.

image.thumb.png.5bb0059f0e336a3c9490f2231f15cd9e.png

He's doing a great job. Bettered only by Boro over the last 6 games. They had a bad spell a month or two ago but he's got them flying again, as only a Robins could. 

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.thumb.png.5bb0059f0e336a3c9490f2231f15cd9e.png

He's doing a great job. Bettered only by Boro over the last 6 games. They had a bad spell a month or two ago but he's got them flying again, as only a Robins could. 

In terms of the playoffs it looks like a 4/5 horse race for the final 2 spots. Coventry and Norwich are absolutely flying and will be in the mix. 

Given Lutons style of play I imagine they will continue picking up points and will be there or there abouts. I think Millwall will begin to drop away, but still being in with a shout with 2 or 3 games remaining in the season. Boro and Sheffield United to be somewhere in the top 6 regardless. My only frustration with out current run is the form of those around us. It's crazy there's not more of a cushion. 

------

And then there is us. Given our form we may close the gap towards the automatics but our squad is paper thin. Realistically I see automatics as a step too far. Our next run of games are very winnable and so, so vital. Stoke, Reading, Birmingham, Norwich, Huddersfield, Hull. 

Followed by a very tough run of Coventry, Preston, Burnley, Luton, Millwall. My hope is the fixture list has been kind as most those teams are bang in form. If a couple of those begin stuttering we may have avoided them just at the right time. Momentum is so important. Keep winning through March and into mid April, confidence will be sky high and Ewood will be rocking just at the right time for that tough run.

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Followed by a very tough run of Coventry, Preston, Burnley, Luton, Millwall.

I reckon you’d have been better playing us on the 19th as we aren’t really flying right now. We may not be come later in April of course but a bird in the hand and all that.

Edited by longsiders1882

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

I reckon you’d have been better playing us on the 19th as we aren’t really flying right now. We may not be come later in April of course but a bird in the hand and all that.

My comment was really in reference to all the other teams we're playing in our final 5 games. The Burnley game is an exception. Form counts far less in a derby. It's simply going to be a battle. 

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 1