BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

3 hours ago, rigger said:

A lot of people are saying that Coventry robbed our spot in the play-offs. There is nothing to say, that even if we had held on to a win against Coventry, that we would have beaten Millwall. All ifs and buts. The one thing that is a fact, is that it was the Rovers who didn't get enough points over the season.

Unfortunately I can't argue with the fact that Rovers finished 1 point behind Coventry. 

But I can argue that Rovers were robbed against them at home. It was cruel. Although the self-inflicted cock up at PNE 4 days later was worse.

If's and but's makes the game what it is.

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sunderland already splashing the cash - £3m on Jude’s brother, Jobe Bellingham. Brum fans seem gutted, can’t say I’ve seen too much of him.

The Birmingham fans I've seen think he's alright, but not a patch on his brother.

£3m on an unproven teenager though tells you that Sunderland are a rich club.

Without googling and searching records for the last 6 or 7 years, I am not sure when Coventry's upturn in fortunes began.

Was it when they got rid of despised owners who had little interest in the club and replaced them with someone who cares ?

Or was it when they got rid of Steve Waggott ?

Either way I think we should follow their example.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Without googling and searching records for the last 6 or 7 years, I am not sure when Coventry's upturn in fortunes began.

Was it when they got rid of despised owners who had little interest in the club and replaced them with someone who cares ?

Or was it when they got rid of Steve Waggott ?

Either way I think we should follow their example.

I remember reading a press release that started...

"Steve Waggott leaves Coventry City after seeing the club through a difficult period."

And thinking, coincidence?

• Backroom

I think it'd be fascinating to see Luton go up, considering the size of the club. It'd be interesting to see how PL teams handle a stadium like Kenilworth Road. You would imagine even one season in the Prem would be transformative in the short-to-medium term for a club like Luton. That can have its benefits, but also some major pitfalls if the money isn't spent wisely. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DE. said:

I think it'd be fascinating to see Luton go up, considering the size of the club. It'd be interesting to see how PL teams handle a stadium like Kenilworth Road. You would imagine even one season in the Prem would be transformative in the short-to-medium term for a club like Luton. That can have its benefits, but also some major pitfalls if the money isn't spent wisely. 

I fancy Luton in the final. I'm usually wrong, though. 🍔🙈

Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Burnley, Brighton, Fulham... Growing up, this lot were languishing in the bottom two tiers of the Football League.

They may not be fashionable clubs for the top flight, but it does go to show that working your way up and cutting through the financials is possible. It's just a shame that the system allows them to get stuck there.

12 hours ago, DE. said:

It was said in commentary the other night that they will have to spend £10m to get their dilapidated ground ready for Premier League football. This includes better facilities for disabled supporters and the media. I was told that Rovers would have had to spend several million too had we gone up.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It was said in commentary the other night that they will have to spend £10m to get their dilapidated ground ready for Premier League football. This includes better facilities for disabled supporters and the media. I was told that Rovers would have had to spend several million too had we gone up.

Cue conspiracy theories for the rest of the day 😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

I fancy Luton in the final. I'm usually wrong, though. 🍔🙈

Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Burnley, Brighton, Fulham... Growing up, this lot were languishing in the bottom two tiers of the Football League.

They may not be fashionable clubs for the top flight, but it does go to show that working your way up and cutting through the financials is possible. It's just a shame that the system allows them to get stuck there.

When I was growing up, Luton, Burnley, Brighton and Fulham were bigger clubs than the Rovers.