BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup - next round, moving on - draw.

With the players well rested and us not playing until Monday I would have liked to have seen us go full strength. Injury risks considered. Can pick up an injury at any time.

Lucky to be level but be nice to capitalise on it and go on and win this now. Of course they haven't played together too often but looks so disjointed. It's a weak second string team even for the championship.

We have a decent 12-15 players the. The quality falls off a cliff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

'1-1 to a Prem team that cost a hundred times more than our reserves' would be more accurate. 

Let's not act like they are an established PL team, they are still more championship level. They certainly shouldn't feel inferior to being on the pitch with a Notts Forest team.

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Fortunate to be level, but we can capitalise on this in the second half.

Hedges needs to help out a lot more and stop drifting. Diaz on for Hirst will rattle them!

Mola sounds like he's struggling, but he also sounds like he's getting no help down his side and they are doubling up on him? Is it Hedges that should be helping him? 

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Mola sounds like he's struggling, but he also sounds like he's getting no help down his side and they are doubling up on him? Is it Hedges that should be helping him? 

I’d say that sums it up perfectly. He’s had a couple of really iffy moments - a silly blind pass, a horrendous touch, been run ragged a time or two, but he’s been 1 v 2 loads of times. No help at all. Difficult at times to tell if he was supposed to be playing left sided centre back or fullback.

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Mola has their best and fastest player against him and getting little help. He's coping considering being left out to hang.

Pears is the revelation.

• Like 4

As all have said, Mola defensively is as suspect and out of his depth as they come as a LB. Though dare I say (as an option) as the LWB in the infamous back 5 formation, he could be okay. Brennan Johnson and Nico Williams are good players.

Wharton (Scott) has been utterly woeful too. Yes he scored, but his defending has regressed to Owen Coyle era this Autunm/Winter.

Markanday is no worse than Dolan for what I've seen here. 

If we can stop defending like we're 1-0 down in the 90th minute, we might have a chance here. Forest look suspect in defense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Pears having a Stormer.

Markanday worth a watch.

Garrett would kick his Granny. I like that.

Smodwhatever is friggin crap. 

The reserves are doing ok ..... So far.

Garrett doing well overall? Would be great if he could make the step up into the first team more. We often look like we lack the fight in games, especially when the chips are down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Let's not act like they are an established PL team, they are still more championship level. They certainly shouldn't feel inferior to being on the pitch with a Notts Forest team.

Lets not act like they didn't spend £150m in the summer and that isn't a strong Forest side. And lets not act like our team cost more than a bag of balls. To compare the two teams is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

As all have said, Mola defensively is as suspect and out of his depth as they come as a LB. Though dare I say (as an option) as the LWB in the infamous back 5 formation, he could be okay. Brennan Johnson and Nico Williams are good players.

Wharton (Scott) has been utterly woeful too. Yes he scored, but his defending has regressed to Owen Coyle era this Autunm/Winter.

Markanday is no worse than Dolan for what I've seen here. 

If we can stop defending like we're 1-0 down in the 90th minute, we might have a chance here. Forest look suspect in defense.

Scott has suffered the most bt being forced into trying to be a tippy tappy defender to which he is simply not suited. Travis another whose game has regressed under the preferred style of the manager.

Don't get the waiting until half time to take Mola off. You could see after 20 mins he was struggling, waiting until half time could mean game over and lucky not to be. Would love to see more managers make a change when it's clearly working ala Deschamps in the world cup final making changes after 40 mins. Stop the rot.

Lets not act like they didn't spend £150m in the summer and that isn't a strong Forest side. And lets not act like our team cost more than a bag of balls. To compare the two teams is ridiculous. 

Let's not act like they spent that 150 million wisely. Churning out that line sounds impressive but they have recruited shit and it has shown.

Commentary keeps going on about Pears keeping us in it. Did I miss all the saves they are referring to?

Markandy first touch is light years ahead of Dolans. Wish he would stay wide rather than coming inside everytime

Edited by Fraserkirky

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Don't get the waiting until half time to take Mola off. You could see after 20 mins he was struggling, waiting until half time could mean game over and lucky not to be. Would love to see more managers make a change when it's clearly working ala Deschamps in the world cup final making changes after 40 mins. Stop the rot.

S Wharton was at fault for the goal. Good job we didn't take him off. 

S Wharton was at fault for the goal. Good job we didn't take him off. 

Sorry what? You being petty cause I replied to one of your posts so now I'm in your sights? Didn't mention Wharton in my post and was clearly in reply to the Mola comments that preceded it.