BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup - next round, moving on - draw.

JDT made a point of highlighting the lack of striking options we had when he came in so it's a bit surprising he didn't get them to push the boat out in finding somebody with a bit of scoring pedigree.

The response was Hirst and Szmodics who to all intents and purposes operates as a defensive forward or forward midfielder. Dack wasn't in the picture so where did they think we'd increase our goal column particularly with the slow dawdling at the back style he keeps trying to implement.

He may well have been his first choice but he would not come out and say "Tomasson wasn't convinced but he was all we could get so he will have to make do."

We bid for Brandon Thomas-Asante (there was a clip in the Salford boardroom on Class of 92 where they had discussed our bid) but he went to West Brom so I doubt whether Hirst was our first choice target.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He may well have been his first choice but he would not come out and say "Tomasson wasn't convinced but he was all we could get so he will have to make do."

We bid for Brandon Thomas-Asante (there was a clip in the Salford boardroom on Class of 92 where they had discussed our bid) but he went to West Brom so I doubt whether Hirst was our first choice target.

Well, you obviously know better than GB.

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on what I have seen from Hirst and Vale, that very much is blind faith as it stands.

Based on my opinion of each player. Big fan of Vale and I think he would develop into a good player for us. 

7 hours ago, rigger said:

From what I have seen of Hirst, it is more unfounded faith.

Yet you rate Mola who has done what so far? 

7 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

What on earth have you seen in Hirst that gives you any faith in him? He plays in the position I did many years ago and to my eye he lacks even the fundamentals of a decent centre forward (one of which is bravery, another is the ability to hold the ball up).

He surely has to be sent back to Leicester in January (if we can)

Different strikers have different fundamentals like Shearer and Sheringham were very different types of strikers or Shearer or Jansen. 

From what I seen from Hirst which he lacks is confidence that only got dented more when he missed that Penalty at Cardiff. I was gutted for him. I think he makes some very good runs between the centre backs and full backs against Stoke. If you look at his Portsmouth spell he started slowly then improved around Christmas time and after

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

They send him back in Jan is admitting they got it wrong they dont have to say anything thats why they wont do it

All depends on the terms of the loan agreement and whether we there is an early terminate clause or whether Leicester have a recall clause aswell. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based on my opinion of each player. Big fan of Vale and I think he would develop into a good player for us. 

Different strikers have different fundamentals like Shearer and Sheringham were very different types of strikers or Shearer or Jansen. 

From what I seen from Hirst which he lacks is confidence that only got dented more when he missed that Penalty at Cardiff. I was gutted for him. I think he makes some very good runs between the centre backs and full backs against Stoke. If you look at his Portsmouth spell he started slowly then improved around Christmas time and after

All depends on the terms of the loan agreement and whether we there is an early terminate clause or whether Leicester have a recall clause aswell. 

I rate, that Mola has a chance of making it at championship level, because of his ability and his physicality. Mola has been reasonable for the U21s. At the moment it looks like the step up to the first team, is too much. That does not mean he will not make the step-up in the future. In the same games for the U21s I have seen nothing from Hirst.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's lucky we don't have a he must play agreement with Leicester like we might have with Morton and Liverpool

7 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

It's lucky we don't have a he must play agreement with Leicester like we might have with Morton and Liverpool

not sure there is such an agreement as he must play but more along the lines that if he doesn't play you pay more of his wages then you do if he is playing 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont see any attributes to cling on to in either Hirst or Vale. Both slow, weak, cant hold it up, dont work overly hard, dont offer a goal threat, cant win headers.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Indeed although you never actually say what those attributes that you see are aside from Hirst scoring goals mainly in the second half of last season at a lower level.

You seen Hirst for yourself so you should know. Also I posted what I thought his attributes were after the Stoke Game. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I have seen him and his attribute is wasting a place in the team that could otherwise be used by someone with something to offer.

Like I said previous we will have agree to disagree on Hirst. 

Who would you like us to sign has a striker in January since you want a striker signing? 

9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What makes you say that Darren? 
they haven’t had chance to admit anything yet. You can’t expect JDT or Broughton to come out in the press and say they don’t think Hirst can make it, not least while he is at the club 

It may be that part of the loan agreement will be we can’t send him back 

So the time when they can admit the mistake would be at the end of the season when it comes to buying him. If they exercise the £5m option then it will be then doubling down; if they don’t sign him then they’d have agreed with us he isn’t good enough 

The fact that we persisted with the suicidal passing in our own area time and time and time again show that they won't back down from their position. 

Yet another waste of a season under Venkys. 

49 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we continue with this style of football we won’t make the play offs.

I very much hope I'm wrong, but I genuinely don't think we'll make it anyway, as we don't have sufficient quality or depth.

This is why I think we should sell BBD, should an offer come in. In theory, that's more money in the transfer kitty for the summer,

21 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If it's not put into practice, then the whole project thing is a total farce.

21 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

If it's not put into practice, then the whole project thing is a total farce.

Don't tell me it has taken you till now, to realise that ?

Edited by rigger