BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup - next round, moving on - draw.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Still would have like to be there watching Rovers even if the result wasn't what we wanted

I do think Hirst needs a proper run of games so he can get match fit and match readiness to show whether he can produce or not at this level. He hasn't played much in recent weeks before the international break but given how we are playing I'm not sure he will get the starts I think he needs to produce. 

On sending him back all depends on the loan agreement terms and whether we can send him back or not. 

I do think Hirst needs a proper run of games so he can get match fit and match readiness to show whether he can produce or not at this level. He hasn't played much in recent weeks before the international break but given how we are playing I'm not sure he will get the starts.  

What have you seen from Hirst in regards to attributes that makes you think he could be any good?

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Behave, Hirst is miles away. It’s nearly January and you won’t get ‘a run of games’ if you offer absolutely zero when you do get a start. You need to grasp it.

If loanees aren’t up to it, they can’t play, so let’s stop wasting time trying to develop the sub standard players of other clubs. His career isn’t our problem.

Unfortunately I think it might be.

If that’s the case, then despite this supposed new set-up, nothing at this club will have changed.

I’m personally going to give GB the benefit of the doubt, but if Hirst did inexplicably sign on a permanent deal for actual millions of pounds, then we might as well give up on this club under this ownership.

• Like 4

I'm not saying he's any good but in Hirst's defence you wouldn't want to be a striker in that team. 

More generally, GB has it all to prove in the transfer market. I'm hoping the summer was just a desperate rush to fill the available spaces, and not indicative of the quality of player we're going to sign. Szmodics for £2m+ is baffling. 

If we can't send Hirst back to Leicester do you think we could take over his loan for my Sunday morning team?

Our current striker - 14 goals in 6 league games now - has decided he's better off travelling Thailand for 4 weeks in January. Selfish prick.

As a result, our extremely good but not-so-committed substitute striker, has been forced to sign a 4 week compulsory attendance contract and so we will need a substitute striker to replace him

We have options, but Hirst might just do a job in the last 10 or 15

That's about all I have for him

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The pitch was looking ok until they trained on it all last week, will be a mess by the end of winter.

Interesting. 

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I mentioned last night that the pitch was looking a bit patchy. And they are training on it again on Christmas Day evening under the lights before they leave for Sunderland.

JDT played in England, surely he knows how bad the weather is in winter. The indoor facility at Brockhall isn't up to par? 

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ye, let's stick him in for the promotion run in, good idea Chaddy.🙄

If we can't find better locally we might aswell shut the academy down now.

You can find better down on Pleasington on a Saturday afternoon, or Sunday morning. End of.

47 minutes ago, DE. said:

As it stands I don't think I'd take Hirst on a free, let alone £5m.

It isn't often a player comes along who is universally felt to be in need of a transfer fee FROM his home club. But there it is. 

I've said it before, if someone in the back room staff can't grow a pair of big hairy cojones in January and send this chump back to Leicester, there will be significant cause for concern for us in the fan base.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

If that’s the case, then despite this supposed new set-up, nothing at this club will have changed.

I’m personally going to give GB the benefit of the doubt, but if Hirst did inexplicably sign on a permanent deal for actual millions of pounds, then we might as well give up on this club under this ownership.

There is a fear that someone will convince them he's the next BBD.

I'd be checking the agent trail on this one should that happen.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still would have like to be there watching Rovers even if the result wasn't what we wanted

I do think Hirst needs a proper run of games so he can get match fit and match readiness to show whether he can produce or not at this level. He hasn't played much in recent weeks before the international break but given how we are playing I'm not sure he will get the starts I think he needs to produce. 

On sending him back all depends on the loan agreement terms and whether we can send him back or not. 

I do think Hirst needs a proper run of games so he can get match fit and match readiness to show whether he can produce or not at this level. He hasn't played much in recent weeks before the international break but given how we are playing I'm not sure he will get the starts.  

You might as well try to plait snow. It is obvious to anyone with any football knowledge that this lad is a dud - there are no positives at all in his game, and he has provided no evidence whatsoever in his career to date that he has what it takes to develop into a professional footballer. Why anyone would have any other view at this point is baffling - if I'm missing something please do feel free to enlighten me with actual evidence to help me change my view. Otherwise, let's not waste time, effort or money flogging what appears to be a very dead, dead, deceased, pushing up the daisies, expired, past its sell-by, shuffled off it's mortal coil, kapput, case to the contrary.

Over to the George Hirst apologist society for your views...

Just watched the highlights. Scott Wharton was absolutely dreadful apart from his scoring header. He's become a total liability, missing tackles and giving the ball away for fun. How has he regressed so spectacularly since last season? Now he looks like a L2 dolloper and runs like a penguin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

If we can't send Hirst back to Leicester do you think we could take over his loan for my Sunday morning team?

Our current striker - 14 goals in 6 league games now - has decided he's better off travelling Thailand for 4 weeks in January. Selfish prick.

As a result, our extremely good but not-so-committed substitute striker, has been forced to sign a 4 week compulsory attendance contract and so we will need a substitute striker to replace him

We have options, but Hirst might just do a job in the last 10 or 15

That's about all I have for him

Maybe your star striker's Thailand trip is an excuse? Perhaps he is questioning your managerial ability, if you think Hirst is up to a cameo appearance? 😉

Seriously though not sure of any redeeming features of the lad and I worry for anyone in the club who thinks he can be one of our strikers. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Maybe your star striker's Thailand trip is an excuse? Perhaps he is questioning your managerial ability, if you think Hirst is up to a cameo appearance? 😉

Seriously though not sure of any redeeming features of the lad and I worry for anyone in the club who thinks he can be one of our strikers. 

Woahhhh, just pulling the agent card here. At 29 I’ve got plenty of playing days ahead of me 😉

All jokes aside it is a tad insulting to be talking about him like that but like you I struggle to see what Hirst offers. I have genuinely seen better movement and forward play at much lower levels of football than he is at 

That £5m seems like £500m comparatively. It absolutely cannot be spent - unless he has a storming end of season but I can’t see it myself. 

1 hour ago, alcd said:

Just watched the highlights. Scott Wharton was absolutely dreadful apart from his scoring header. He's become a total liability, missing tackles and giving the ball away for fun. How has he regressed so spectacularly since last season? Now he looks like a L2 dolloper and runs like a penguin.

I suspect that the highlights if anything do him a favour, there was also once in the first half that he seemingly tried to shepherd it out on the left touchline, Johnson nicked it around him and subsequently blazed over a good chance.

2 hours ago, alcd said:

He doesn't look a happy camper under JDT which isn't good seeing as we are supposed to be developing players not regressing them.

Mind you when Mortan is first pick for league games and Mola is getting in the side it's no wonder.

• Like 1

We've sen references to Rovers being a Jekyll and Hyde club---great one week, terrible the next. I think that term applies more appropriately to JDT.

One game, I'll think "such a relief to have a real manager at last, he got that absolutely right".

Next game, I'll think,"what a dolloper, how did he pick that side? Hopeless."

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Woahhhh, just pulling the agent card here. At 29 I’ve got plenty of playing days ahead of me 😉

All jokes aside it is a tad insulting to be talking about him like that but like you I struggle to see what Hirst offers. I have genuinely seen better movement and forward play at much lower levels of football than he is at 

That £5m seems like £500m comparatively. It absolutely cannot be spent - unless he has a storming end of season but I can’t see it myself. 

I think part of our frustration is that he's clearly not at the level the club are pitching him  to be at, whether that's our number 1 strike target, £5 million of talent, or even potential, or even just championship ready. 

I know it was a few years ago but Gally cost £5 million. I don't think Gally is all that but he is streets ahead of Hirst. Comparatively even taking inflation into account, it shows we could, no should, do much better than Hirst for £5 million. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I think part of our frustration is that he's clearly not at the level the club are pitching him  to be at, whether that's our number 1 strike target, £5 million of talent, or even potential, or even just championship ready. 

I know it was a few years ago but Gally cost £5 million. I don't think Gally is all that but he is streets ahead of Hirst. Comparatively even taking inflation into account, it shows we could, no should, do much better than Hirst for £5 million. 

If Gally is through one on one I’m expecting him to finish. If Hirst is through one on one I’m worried how the opposition will counter. 

• Like 2