BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

South Korea Ghana was a great entertaining game. very good for neutral fan. 

He was the right and logical appointment after the farce with Allardyce. He has delivered more than most have in the last 26 years. When Southgate does leave, we have 2 very good choices in Eddie Howe and Graham Potter to replace him. Maybe a couple more years Frank Lampard and JohnHerdman might be added to those 2 names if they are improved results and manage their careers well. It will be interesting to see if Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney might be running by then. I don't see another English manager/coach getting it and I would not appoint a foreign manager/head coach as I believe that the England national team manager should be an Englishman 

The England job isn't a poisoned chalice at all. 

Eriksson walked into the England job just at the right time when we have good young talents coming through like Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, etc

Hoddle was a very good coach but never had the managerial career he should have had in football. 

Keegan was the public choice to be England manager and if he would have appointed a tactical coach next to him then he might have been in the role for longer. His passion and man management skills could only take him so far at international level 

Bobby Robson was an excellent coach and aswell a man management. His book was one of the best books I've ever read. Great autobiography 

Maybe Bellingham is carrying an injury or struggling with fitness, 

Tomorrow game against Wales isn't a dead rubber at all. We need to win to top the group. This is not a dead rubber at all

Maybe not a dead rubber but we are already through so not as critical as it could be.

He will be putting in Henderson befitting of his inability to get the most of our more attack minded, exciting players in Foden, Bellingham and Saka.

Some of your potential managerial choices named to justify this desperation to have an English manager are bizarre. Herdman set his Canadian side up very naively and motivated his opposition with stupid comments in the media, how has he suddenly become in the mix? Then you have just named former players topped off with the hilarious shout of Frank Lampard.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Maybe not a dead rubber but we are already through so not as critical as it could be.

He will be putting in Henderson befitting of his inability to get the most of our more attack minded, exciting players in Foden, Bellingham and Saka.

Some of your potential managerial choices named to justify this desperation to have an English manager are bizarre. Herdman set his Canadian side up very naively and motivated his opposition with stupid comments in the media, how has he suddenly become in the mix? Then you have just named former players topped off with the hilarious shout of Frank Lampard.

I think with it being Wales, national pride is at stake too. Wouldn't want them to have anything over us.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I find this a very odd statement. So if we win the World Cup, the absolute dream we haven't come close to since 1966, he should be fired?

I'm not suggesting we will win the World Cup, before anyone starts, but it would be obscene to fire him if we did. You can argue with how results are obtained, but you can't argue with results. Like Napoleon said (paraphrased), give me lucky generals over skilled ones. Even if he played Pickford up front, if we win we win.

No. If he wins it fair enough.  But he's inept so we're likely to go out in the quarters 

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We aren't through at all tho. Such arrogant on show here, we need to win against Wales and top the group which is the priority. 

We don't know the full situation on Bellingham and maybe he is injury or has a fitness problem, we just don't know but yet again people go over the top without having the full information on the subject. We don't know what the team would be, but I would make a couple of changes but not the 5 changes that Karen Carney suggested on ITV this afternoon in the build-up to the Brazil Switzerland game. my changes would be Grealish and Foden in for Saka and Sterling. I would keep the back 4 in place and the midfield 3 of Mount, Rice and Bellingham, and of course Kane starts. 

Not really at all desperation that the England national team manager should be English and it's as simple as that. If you disagree fine but I have always believed that and I stand by that.

Howe did a fantastic job at Bournemouth for years and He has massively improved Newcastle in terms of tactical but as players there. Potter is a very good coach, and he will improve Chelsea in the coming years I'm sure off that plus did a good job at Brighton playing some great entertaining football. Lampard has done a good job at Derby and Chelsea. He now needs to kick on at Everton and keep improving them plus maybe win a trophy. Gerrard did a very good job at Rangers but not enough at Villa. Maybe he will come back after a break next summer in the managerial circuit. On Herdman, he has done a very good as Canada head coach including leading them to their first finals in 36 years which is very good achievement, and he will learn from his mistakes he has made in the world cup, but he is someone who if he does kick on might be within a chance of England national team manager. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do I really need to considering its years since he was in football management and coaching. maybe time to move but think what might had been if certain things hadn't happened

As in, the world would be a better place if bad people didn't exist

Hoddle was a twisted human being

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We aren't through at all tho. Such arrogant on show here, we need to win against Wales and top the group which is the priority. 

We don't know the full situation on Bellingham and maybe he is injury or has a fitness problem, we just don't know but yet again people go over the top without having the full information on the subject. We don't know what the team would be, but I would make a couple of changes but not the 5 changes that Karen Carney suggested on ITV this afternoon in the build-up to the Brazil Switzerland game. my changes would be Grealish and Foden in for Saka and Sterling. I would keep the back 4 in place and the midfield 3 of Mount, Rice and Bellingham, and of course Kane starts. 

Not really at all desperation that the England national team manager should be English and it's as simple as that. If you disagree fine but I have always believed that and I stand by that.

Howe did a fantastic job at Bournemouth for years and He has massively improved Newcastle in terms of tactical but as players there. Potter is a very good coach, and he will improve Chelsea in the coming years I'm sure off that plus did a good job at Brighton playing some great entertaining football. Lampard has done a good job at Derby and Chelsea. He now needs to kick on at Everton and keep improving them plus maybe win a trophy. Gerrard did a very good job at Rangers but not enough at Villa. Maybe he will come back after a break next summer in the managerial circuit. On Herdman, he has done a very good as Canada head coach including leading them to their first finals in 36 years which is very good achievement, and he will learn from his mistakes he has made in the world cup, but he is someone who if he does kick on might be within a chance of England national team manager. 

That side would be very slow, I don't get why Grealish starts considering again like Mount he has not really performed to a high level for a long period of time. I will qualify my comments on Bellingham if you are being pedantic by saying on the assumption that Bellingham is not injured, that it would be crazy to drop him for Henderson. I would bring in Foden for Mount, Walker for Trippier and probably Maddison for Sterling, although maybe Rashford and allow Foden more centrally. If the intention is to play a back 5 in the knockouts then I would play it now, and also either start Trippier or Alexander Arnold rather than Maddison, with our 3 attackers who have performed at a very high level across recent months (Foden, Kane and Saka) all starting.

Howe and Potter are reasonable shouts on merit as managers, but you just threw in big name former players for no reason. You genuinely cannot look at Lampard, Gerrard or Rooney's mixed managerial careers and think that minus their status as players, that they would come close to being England manager otherwise.

57 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think with it being Wales, national pride is at stake too. Wouldn't want them to have anything over us.

It is important but not as much as so as the first 2 games. The likelihood of Wales having anything to crow over is very unlikely considering even a win for them will probably still see them going home. The main objective must be to get back on track and finish top but essentially qualification gives us some room to manoeuvre.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lampard has done a good job at Derby and Chelsea. He now needs to kick on at Everton and keep improving them plus maybe win a trophy. 

Granted, Lampard got Derby to a play off final but they lost. Chelsea dismissed him because they were going backwards and, to date, he’s been poor at Everton. They were 16th when he took over there and they finished in 16th, just missing out on relegation by the skin of their teeth. This season they are currently 17th and look like being in another relegation battle. They recently played Celtic in Australia, didn’t have a single shot on target and the other match stats were overwhelmingly in Celtic’s favour. Everton’s fans weren’t happy. There are mixed reactions towards him on the main Everton forum with many wanting him out.

I like Frank Lampard. He’s an intelligent and articulate enough chap but, at the moment, this management lark isn’t working for him. Like everything in football these days, clubs want success and they want it now. Lampard should have stayed at Derby and served a proper apprenticeship. He’s been thrown in at the deep end at both Chelsea and Everton and hasn’t had the credentials to turn things around at either club.

He would have a considerable amount of work to do, over a number of years, before being in a position to be considered for any England job.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That side would be very slow, I don't get why Grealish starts considering again like Mount he has not really performed to a high level for a long period of time. I will qualify my comments on Bellingham if you are being pedantic by saying on the assumption that Bellingham is not injured, that it would be crazy to drop him for Henderson. I would bring in Foden for Mount, Walker for Trippier and probably Maddison for Sterling, although maybe Rashford and allow Foden more centrally. If the intention is to play a back 5 in the knockouts then I would play it now, and also either start Trippier or Alexander Arnold rather than Maddison, with our 3 attackers who have performed at a very high level across recent months (Foden, Kane and Saka) all starting.

That side would have plenty of skills, clever movement and creativity. I'm more important on what each player brings to the team then just overall form. I wouldn't have started Saka for the Iran game but gone with Foden even tho he scored 2 goals. 

Howe and Potter are reasonable shouts on merit as managers, but you just threw in big name former players for no reason. You genuinely cannot look at Lampard, Gerrard or Rooney's mixed managerial careers and think that minus their status as players, that they would come close to being England manager otherwise.

How are Howe and Potter only reasonable shouts and who are better shouts then? I did say with all fairness that Lampard might be contender if he can improve his Everton team and kick them onto another level into Top 10 side and winning a trophy there would be success for Everton. Gerrard and Rooney might be contenders in years to come if they can become successful at their next job. In Rooney case his next job after DC united

It is important but not as much as so as the first 2 games. The likelihood of Wales having anything to crow over is very unlikely considering even a win for them will probably still see them going home. The main objective must be to get back on track and finish top but essentially qualification gives us some room to manoeuvre.

The main objective is winning the game and topping this group. I'm not over concerned about who we faced in the next round but more concerned we face in the last 8 stage if we win the round of 16 game, so I would say this game is just as important as the last 2 as we must top the group as the main priority 

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Granted, Lampard got Derby to a play off final but they lost. Chelsea dismissed him because they were going backwards and, to date, he’s been poor at Everton. They were 16th when he took over there and they finished in 16th, just missing out on relegation by the skin of their teeth. This season they are currently 17th and look like being in another relegation battle. They recently played Celtic in Australia, didn’t have a single shot on target and the other match stats were overwhelmingly in Celtic’s favour. Everton’s fans weren’t happy. There are mixed reactions towards him on the main Everton forum with many wanting him out.

I like Frank Lampard. He’s an intelligent and articulate enough chap but, at the moment, this management lark isn’t working for him. Like everything in football these days, clubs want success and they want it now. Lampard should have stayed at Derby and served a proper apprenticeship. He’s been thrown in at the deep end at both Chelsea and Everton and hasn’t had the credentials to turn things around at either club.

He would have a considerable amount of work to do, over a number of years, before being in a position to be considered for any England job.

Lampard was never going to turn down the Chelsea job. I did say that Lampard has to kick on now at Everton now. Its was pointless friendly played down under for Commercial reasons. I would also say Everton fans think of themselves as a big fish in the PL pond but they are just mid table PL club who owner as wasted millions after millions on a bunch of poor quality signings plus his managerial appointments have been poor overall like Benitiez, Silva, Allardyce. Ancelotti was an excellent appointment.

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

That side would have plenty of skills, clever movement and creativity. I'm more important on what each player brings to the team then just overall form. I wouldn't have started Saka for the Iran game but gone with Foden even tho he scored 2 goals. 

How are Howe and Potter only reasonable shouts and who are better shouts then? I did say with all fairness that Lampard might be contender if he can improve his Everton team and kick them onto another level into Top 10 side and winning a trophy there would be success for Everton. Gerrard and Rooney might be contenders in years to come if they can become successful at their next job. In Rooney case his next job after DC united

The main objective is winning the game and topping this group. I'm not over concerned about who we faced in the next round but more concerned we face in the last 8 stage if we win the round of 16 game, so I would say this game is just as important as the last 2 as we must top the group as the main priority 

Lampard was never going to turn down the Chelsea job. I did say that Lampard has to kick on now at Everton now. Its was pointless friendly played down under for Commercial reasons. 

None of Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard would come into the thinking of even yourself if they weren't legends from their playing career. You could say anyone could potentially be England manager if he did x, y and z, absolute nonsense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

None of Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard would come into the thinking of even yourself if they weren't legends from their playing career. You could say anyone could potentially be England manager if he did x, y and z, absolute nonsense.

But they will be in the reckon in years to come if they are successful at club level. Also could you please answer thanks how are Howe and Potter only reasonable shouts and who are better shouts then those 2?

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

More VAR nonsense there with that penalty to Portugal.

What happened since I've not been watching it as I have zero interest in either team?

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

More VAR nonsense there with that penalty to Portugal.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a terrible decision that the ref deserves to be blamed for, not the technology. Even the pointless Walton disagreed.

Imagine if Wales get a penalty against us tomorrow for something like that. 😱😱

Wish a ref would stand up to VAR and walk away from screen saying no, that's clearly an accident and not an unnatural position. Have some bottle. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But they will be in the reckon in years to come if they are successful at club level. Also could you please answer thanks how are Howe and Potter only reasonable shouts and who are better shouts then those 2?

What happened since I've not been watching it as I have zero interest in either team?

Reasonable was not meant as a put down. I would consider managers from any nation so pointless even comparing. Tuchel wouldnt be too bad.

1 minute ago, Silas said:

Imagine if Wales get a penalty against us tomorrow for something like that. 😱😱

Wish a ref would stand up to VAR and walk away from screen saying no, that's clearly an accident and not an unnatural position. Have some bottle. 

It has happened once in this tournament but I agree. Still, the ref to blame.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guy slides in to tackle with his arm behind his back and Fernandez puts ball through the guys leg and hits the guys hand behind his back as he is going to ground.

Ref waves play on. VAR says ‘clear and obvious’ error. Ref then agrees.

Edited by Hasta

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Southgate is going to a back 5 it's rumoured with walker coming in and Henderson in midfield. He's terrified of the mighty Kieffer Moore. This is a game I might give a miss

Iran v US has the potential to go pear shaped and there will be a huge Iranian presence in the stadium. I think a lot of septic tanks too.

• Like 1