BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

No, I don't. 

France haven't been outstanding in this world cup and just like we haven't. No leading nation has been outstanding this world cup

I don't believe anybody with any sense of good football didn't watch Mbappe today and not be in the slightest concerned about how our ponderous defence will cope with his pace

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

For those saying we were shit first half an hour and only woke up once we scored, did you not watch the recent France, Argentina and Brazil games?

We have nothing to fear.

Well said. None of those teams look impressive 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sarr, who is no slouch admitttedly, did Walker for pace tonight.

Then there’s Dembele on the other wing against Shaw. He got done a couple of times tonight out wide but they weren’t good enough to take advantage.

Greizman is the main man for me. Keep him quiet and we may have a chance.

I thought Giroud had a very good game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was thinking that. Get him in between Maguire and Shaw. Neither of those are quick.

Mbappe plays on the left side of the attack not the right. 

Just now, Darrenbot said:

I don't believe anybody with any sense of good football didn't watch Mbappe today and not be in the slightest concerned about how our ponderous defence will cope with his pace

Mbappe was good today and he will become a great footballer if he doesn't get injury in the future but I don't fear him like I said. won't the French be concern about Foden, Bellingham and Kane? 

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

we  have to play with a sweeper or sit really deep and try to hit them on the counter,southgate can`t risk that high line against france

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The constant negativity regarding England on here is tiresome.  We have a 2 in 5 chance of beating France.  We can do it 

I suspect people are negative through fear of deja vu. I know I am!

I personally don't expect us to beat France, but I think with a bit of luck we could do.

And if we do, I reckon we'll get to the final. Portugal and Spain - who we'd likely meet in the semi - look less of a threat to me than France.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mbappe was good today and he will become a great footballer if he doesn't get injury in the future but I don't fear him like I said. won't the French be concern about Foden, Bellingham and Kane? 

I know really well where he plays normally but there’s nothing to say the French won’t move him over from time to time. I would if I were Deschamps.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I suspect people are negative through fear of deja vu. I know I am!

I personally don't expect us to beat France, but I think with a bit of luck we could do.

And if we do, I reckon we'll get to the final. Portugal and Spain - who we'd likely meet in the semi - look less of a threat to me than France.

Spain will be tough opponents, Portugal not so much.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they will be concerned but i see England as the same as Rovers score first and we get confident and play well but go behind and i can't see Southgate having the nous to change things and i see Mbappe causing us tons of problems

As for Mbappe playing on the left as i said after Descamps sees tonights game and sees how slow and cumbersome  Maguire is up against a speedy player he'll play Mbappe up against him

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mbappe was good today and he will become a great footballer if he doesn't get injury in the future

Will become! He's already an unbelievable footballer Chaddy, in fact he's probably the best player in the world now Messi has slowed down a little (although it was a joy to watch him last night).

• Like 4

Yes they will be concerned but i see England as the same as Rovers score first and we get confident and play well but go behind and i can't see Southgate having the nous to change things and i see Mbappe causing us tons of problems

didn't Southgate change it against by swapping Rashford and Foden and we looked miles better? 

Can Deschamps change a game if behind? lets see if he can 

As for Mbappe playing on the left as i said after Descamps sees tonights game and sees how slow and cumbersome  Maguire is up against a speedy player he'll play Mbappe up against him

So how would you line up then? Drop Giroud or Move Griezmann? 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

I've changed my mind. France will pound us

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Saka has been horrendous 

You are nothing if not eccentric.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree. We shouldn't fear France at all. We can beat them. No outstanding team at this world cup

I wouldn't take Koudibaly. He is bloody awful from what I have seen at Chelsea. 

Pickford is quality keeper. 

Why boring John? 

Is his team selection wrong now? 

You also didnt agree with his team. Saka in particular was one you have not wanted in the team.