BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

26 minutes ago, BigUts said:

100% agree on the Vale vs. Dack point. Vale is miles off the pace and Dack would at least give us a scoring chance. Dack would be a great bench player to have about the squad IMO, but I guess he won't want that and JDT, Broughton et al. may think having a player on the books who is earning big bucks in relative terms being a bench player isn't sustainable (which I would agree with).

Dack is ideal for our bench, his wages aren't.

• Like 3

But we have been paying his wages either way, and this "way of playing" nonsense is repeated as if we are this high intensity, pressing machine and Dack is a 40 yard old target man. And I am sure he would prefer half an hour over not being involved at all or being given 5 minutes as the 5th sub.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But we have been paying his wages either way, and this "way of playing" nonsense is repeated as if we are this high intensity, pressing machine and Dack is a 40 yard old target man. And I am sure he would prefer half an hour over not being involved at all or being given 5 minutes as the 5th sub.

Yes this narrative around our  style of play (which changes game to game anyway quite often) and Dacks so called lack of fitting in it or overall fitness has taken on a life of it's own.

One somewhat detached from the reality we see in games.

3 great wins on the bounce but hanging on for dear life for 45 mins in two of them seem to have set the tone 'we don't need Dack now' .

It's a long old season, we need quality on the pitch at times and we can't buy it but we do already have one on the books. Nearly as daft as those wanting to sell Rothwell or BBD when in the promotion spots then crowing from hindsight afterwards when we don't get in the play offs.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

Dacky lives a good life given the contract he's had with Rovers. But that's not the be all and end all. It's clear to me that above anything, Bradley Dack loves playing football. Those random football quizzes our social media team did years ago, he was one of the most knowledgeable. He's said before that all he does in his spare time is watch football. He loves the game and you could see the devastation his injuries caused him.

Being paid well doesn't mean everything. He's going to look back on his career one day and he'll want to look back at it favourably. He won't want the pinnacle to be a league 1 promotion, then years in the wilderness. 

He's had very little opportunity. Just over 4 games worth. And in some of those games we've been in that mode where the attackers are isolated as our defence are dilly dallying with it. Like someone else has said you constantly say not to dismiss players, yet you've written him off completely. Loyalty does go both ways and what Dack has done for this club shouldn't be forgotten. Yes he shouldn't be kept just for sentimentality,  but we've all seen how much he can offer. He's a wonderful footballer, who deserves a chance and a bit of time rather than being written off as you are doing.

I sincerely hope we keep him in January and he forces his way into JDTs plans. If its not worked out by the end of the season a split would be best for all parties. 

I gave huge praise to Dack last week over the significant role he played in our promotion from league 1 and the role he has played under Mowbray. He deserved huge credit for that, but I do think that if he isn't playing more than squad role under JDT then I think we should move him on for himself and us, you are correct that he loves Football and playing which is right to move him on in January. IMO, He has plenty of opportunities and he has played in 9 league games this season.   

7 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I felt at the time this was the case

Tony Mowbray said what he said for a reason. He will more than likely pursue Dack and we will more than likely sell

Writing him off as unable to perform in this team is silly talk. Let's have it right - it is quite clear there's been a clash of personalities. Bradley Dack is one of the best footballers we have in this squad and if he was asked to take up Gallagher's role in the team he would do so easily

I enjoyed every moment of seeing Dack in our colours and his fall out with our current head coach won't change my mind about him as easily as others

Of course Mowbray made public a private conversation between them. He has only done it for 2 reasons. One to put pressure on JDT over the not selection of Dack and he would like to sign Dack in January

Dack isn't a striker so why would you play him there, surely you would play Vale, Hirst or Dolan in the forward role. 

3 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Gally has stepped up a level this year, most definitely. We would have to change the way we play - if this high press genuinely materialises - but Dack has scored them types of goals for years, and would carry on doing so if given the opportunity. He's also terrific on the counter because his range of passing and off the ball movement is up there with the best in the league

This isn't me saying drop Gallagher or anything but I do think Dack has a role to play, especially when chasing a goal

The calls to hang him out to dry and sell him ASAP are premature. Quite where that has come from is anybodies idea. Last year under Mowbray we were crying out for Dack to return to fitness, in fact hinging our promotion push on his immediate return. All of a sudden a slight whiff of discontent between him and JDT suddenly means he will never possibly return to his former self, is unable to adapt his game, unfit and not suitable for us anymore

Makes no sense to me. When we are chasing a game and the choice is between Vale and Dack I know who I pick every single time

But Vale is a striker not a number 10 player like Dack is. They are 2 very different players and one fits into our current formation and one does. 

Mowbray style of management suited Dack. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack isn't a striker so why would you play him there, surely you would play Vale, Hirst or Dolan in the forward role. 

But Vale is a striker not a number 10 player like Dack is. They are 2 very different players and one fits into our current formation and one does. 

Because Dack playing as a striker, or just behind BBD / Gally when chasing a game, is a better option than Vale or Hirst 

For what it’s worth I like Dolan so I’m going to exclude him from that, although Dack is far better than him too. Think Dolan flatters to deceive but his work rate is exceptional, and that’s why I like him when chasing games or seeing them out 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I gave huge praise to Dack last week over the significant role he played in our promotion from league 1 and the role he has played under Mowbray. He deserved huge credit for that, but I do think that if he isn't playing more than squad role under JDT then I think we should move him on for himself and us, you are correct that he loves Football and playing which is right to move him on in January. IMO, He has plenty of opportunities and he has played in 9 league games this season.   

Of course Mowbray made public a private conversation between them. He has only done it for 2 reasons. One to put pressure on JDT over the not selection of Dack and he would like to sign Dack in January

Hirst has not got long left now to prove you correct in having faith in him. You consider Dack to have had ample time this season, Hirst is probably about 100 minutes away from running out of time if this example is anything to go by...

You are obsessing over a style of play, what is that style of play that we play that you imply that Dack wouldn't fit in with? And why does it matter that Dack isn't a striker, if we needed a goal he would likely come on in addition to the striker(s)?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Because Dack playing as a striker, or just behind BBD / Gally when chasing a game, is a better option than Vale or Hirst 

For what it’s worth I like Dolan so I’m going to exclude him from that, although Dack is far better than him too. Think Dolan flatters to deceive but his work rate is exceptional, and that’s why I like him when chasing games or seeing them out 

Dolan adds pace to the team but he could do with another goal or 2 under his belt. We have 3 of the 1st team out tomorrow for the trip to Hull, but we have Ayala back in the team. We have a strong forward line up, i would go with an attackiing formation tomorrow.

Probably the epitome of what Team First isn’t: on the evening we won to go top, Dack telling the opponent’s manager he doesn’t understand why he isn’t in the team. I’ll be amazed if we see him kick a ball again for us in the league, unless JDT feels like taking Mowbray’s and Olivia Atwood’s advice.

Hedges out till after the World Cup is a big concern, have we played well without him?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nonsense! Dack very much is a striker. Granted he’s not a ‘target man’ but then again neither was Kenny Dalglish. You’ll be telling us all that he wasn’t a striker next.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Nonsense! Dack very much is a striker. Granted he’s not a ‘target man’ but then again neither was Kenny Dalglish. You’ll be telling us all that he wasn’t a striker next.

Whatever you do. Don't compare Dack to Dalglish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Probably the epitome of what Team First isn’t: on the evening we won to go top, Dack telling the opponent’s manager he doesn’t understand why he isn’t in the team. I’ll be amazed if we see him kick a ball again for us in the league, unless JDT feels like taking Mowbray’s and Olivia Atwood’s advice.

Hedges out till after the World Cup is a big concern, have we played well without him?

You think he ran up to Mowbray and said hey former gaffer i can't believe i'm not in this team i'm the fittest iv'e been in years, please can you broadcast it to everyone ?

End of the day Mowbray should have kept his mouth shut but in typical fashion him trying to be the font of all knowledge who knows better than everyone else had to let his waffle run away with itself.

Just why is anyone's guess but par for the course it's Dacks fault !

• Like 2

At the moment I would say Dack is not good enough for our first team.  He is a good option from the bench. But Dack may not be happy with that. Even if Dack is happy with being on the bench, the club may not be happy with someone on his wages being on the bench.

• Like 1

The wages thing wouldn't make sense - as has been said, he's been paid regardless, so it's not some cost-saving exercise.

I want to believe that it's JDT and backroom staff taking things slowly with Dack, after 2 x serious injuries.

But it does feel like he just doesn't fancy him.

JDT's cryptic comments recently could be interpreted that Dack doesn't train well, or take things on well - and if that's the case, I can understand him being left out.

Just a shame, due to how talented the boy is.

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You think he ran up to Mowbray and said hey former gaffer i can't believe i'm not in this team i'm the fittest iv'e been in years, please can you broadcast it to everyone ?

End of the day Mowbray should have kept his mouth shut but in typical fashion him trying to be the font of all knowledge who knows better than everyone else had to let his waffle run away with itself.

Just why is anyone's guess but par for the course it's Dacks fault !

Actually I might believe that of someone who gets into trouble with the law, doesn’t show up to their community service, and comes within a whisker of being jailed. He has many attributes, but being sensible and thinking things through probably aren’t two of them.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It's nobodies fault. Dack it seems chatted to a manager who did lots for his career and said he felt good, which Mowbray mentioned when specifically asked in an interview.

A question Mowbray absolutely should not be answering.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Actually I might believe that of someone who gets into trouble with the law, doesn’t show up to their community service, and comes within a whisker of being jailed. He has many attributes, but being sensible and thinking things through probably aren’t two of them.

How quickly people forget.

50 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

That was a fair few years ago to be fair, show me someone who's perfect and i'll show you a hens tooth.

He's seemed a fairly settled character since he sorted out his love life and settled down up north. Even if not it was the sensible older so called bastion of integrity who chose to spew forth as much as he could.