BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

• Moderation Lead
12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's about 26% which I would say isn't barely in my opinion. 

One of our best players from the last seasons? He barely played due to 2 ACL injuries.

Dack was big asset nearly 3 years ago. Is he now? Very debatable I would say. 

No not copying anything but realising that the team is moving on where Dack isn't key player anymore 

26% out of a possible 100% is definitely barely playing at all.

It’s still really sad you are so keen to write him off so quickly, after 2 serious injuries as you mentioned.  Loyalty works both ways , just a shame you can only see one of those.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Cuppliance said:

Yeah I agree that it’s part and parcel of being in a crowd. He was rock bottom in terms of confidence though and those groans would have affected him more than most. He definitely didn’t hear the groans during lockdown anyway. 
I work with your mate Elliot and he agreed with what I said.

There were only a few groans though, not the whole crowd- which is what people are keen to frame it as, but just isn’t true unfortunately.

• Like 1

You keep giving the ball away, keep mis-controlling the ball and you’ll get groans, that’s football crowds, everywhere, for every player.

But in general the fans were right behind him. A patient, supportive lot here, the fans needs more credit from a few on here (and on wider social media with the constant slagging our fans get on it from fellow fans).

• Like 4

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Imagine the wage bill reduction next summer if BBD, Dack and Ayala are all gone.

Waggot will have wood you can see from the moon.

It's been a thought of mine. The wage bill must be tiny in comparison to what it was when we had Holtby, Downing and about 1000 other midfielders. 

Though I don't the BBD will see it drop too much. He's not signed a new contract since he first came in and I don't think it was a huge one at that point. 

I'd far rather see us push the boat out and spend some of those wages on keeping him. He's worth pushing the boat out for. In reality though, I do think that is wishful thinking. That boat has probably sailed. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It looks as if ‘the club’ want to move away from Dack, so for Chaddy that  unquestionably makes it the right decision. That’s literally it, so not sure why folk are attempting to debate him on it day after day…

34 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

26% out of a possible 100% is definitely barley playing at all.

It’s still really sad you are so keen to write him off so quickly, after 2 serious injuries as you mentioned.  Loyalty works both ways , just a shame you can only see one of those.

We will agree to disagree on your first point. 

I don't know why it is sad to have a very different opinion based on what you see and what JDT and others have said towards Dack

Sadly Dack is done here.  Mowbray revealing his chat with Dacky probably put the final nail in the coffin as far as JDT is concerned.  

In all honesty I feel JDT has not given him a fair shake, not at all.  Is it a ploy by JDT to assert authority, bit like taking out the biggest in a group of bullies.  I really feel for Brad as if one ACL in his prime was not bad enough but two, it's a damn shame for both club and player.  I would love for it to work out but I think this marriage is irretrievably broken.

• Like 5

The mantra of "team comes first" is code for Dack doesn't fit and isn't going to play.

My money says he's off in January. Sunderland an obvious candidate. 

That's life. Love the guy but team does come first. We need to be serious about promotion and that means round pegs in round holes.

Hell of a player and a loveable cheeky chappy but the team doesn't need those characteristics right now.  We need action men full of running and aggressive pressing from front to back. Putting Dacky in the team is effectively reducing team effectiveness by 10% (1 outfield player from 10) and 10% will make the difference between promotion and also ran.

That's the sporting life, thanks for the good times Dacky but times they are a changing for us all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Sadly Dack is done here.  Mowbray revealing his chat with Dacky probably put the final nail in the coffin as far as JDT is concerned. 

I felt at the time this was the case

Tony Mowbray said what he said for a reason. He will more than likely pursue Dack and we will more than likely sell

Writing him off as unable to perform in this team is silly talk. Let's have it right - it is quite clear there's been a clash of personalities. Bradley Dack is one of the best footballers we have in this squad and if he was asked to take up Gallagher's role in the team he would do so easily

I enjoyed every moment of seeing Dack in our colours and his fall out with our current head coach won't change my mind about him as easily as others

• Like 2

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Phillips will be a £25m defender inside 12-18 months? That is one hell of a statement and based on the Buckley £10m stuff, whichever staff member you know that keep divulging this seems to be prone to a spot of hyperbole!

Our fans were brilliant with Brereton but his rise was somewhat sudden, it is not a problem if people give their opinion on here, it makes no difference. If everyone just shrugged and said "they know better than me" then this messageboard wouldn't exist.

Nit seen anything from young Ash in the man's game to suggest he is anything special.  Young Wharton eclipsed him for young uns making an impression.  Let's not forget our oast us littered with "the next big thing" type players who really went nowhere but down.  Nuttall as mentioned, Broomes was one too no?  Buckley fixing to be another unless he gets over his mourning for Mowbray PDQ 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Nit seen anything from young Ash in the man's game to suggest he is anything special.  Young Wharton eclipsed him for young uns making an impression.  Let's not forget our oast us littered with "the next big thing" type players who really went nowhere but down.  Nuttall as mentioned, Broomes was one too no?  Buckley fixing to be another unless he gets over his mourning for Mowbray PDQ 

It's crackers to think any 17 year old can play in the championship at centre half.  

We've overpromoted him to keep him happy, at what cost to the first team in the long run.?  For me, he needs to get out on loan where mistakes don't cost us anything.  

I could get him a loan out tomorrow,  NLN would be a good start.

20 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I felt at the time this was the case

Tony Mowbray said what he said for a reason. He will more than likely pursue Dack and we will more than likely sell

Writing him off as unable to perform in this team is silly talk. Let's have it right - it is quite clear there's been a clash of personalities. Bradley Dack is one of the best footballers we have in this squad and if he was asked to take up Gallagher's role in the team he would do so easily

I enjoyed every moment of seeing Dack in our colours and his fall out with our current head coach won't change my mind about him as easily as others

Quite a striking comment. I would say Gallagher has been very good in the last 4/5 games and seems to be operating more centrally. He appears to utilising his attributes much more readily, making better use of his frame, height and pace. As I said to my chum after Birmingham on Saturday; he's becoming the bastard we always wanted him to be. Dack could in no way fill that position based on his own physical attributes. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's crackers to think any 17 year old can play in the championship at centre half.  

We've overpromoted him to keep him happy, at what cost to the first team in the long run.?  For me, he needs to get out on loan where mistakes don't cost us anything.  

We played Phillips at first because we had to. There was nobody else.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Quite a striking comment. I would say Gallagher has been very good in the last 4/5 games and seems to be operating more centrally. He appears to utilising his attributes much more readily, making better use of his frame, height and pace. As I said to my chum after Birmingham on Saturday; he's becoming the bastard we always wanted him to be. Dack could in no way fill that position based on his own physical attributes. 

Agree with this. I almost prefer the goals against Big Club and his first against Boro more than his screamer. He's always had the odd special goal in his locker, but his bigger problem is that he has lacked the instinct to get tap ins. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree with this. I almost prefer the goals against Big Club and his first against Boro more than his screamer. He's always had the odd special goal in his locker, but his bigger problem is that he has lacked the instinct to get tap ins. 

You’ve got to get in and around the penalty spot and nearer if possible as much as you can. It’s not easy when you’re playing out on the wing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think Phillips was played because of neccesity and to persuade him to sign for us. I think what you will now see is his career flatten out to suit both him and the Rovers. I still think U21s is the best place for him at the present time. A loan out for a 17 year old, and he will be targetted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

We always knew he was no Alan Shearer but most of us knew that playing him centrally was the best chance of getting something out of him. Almost everybody but Mowbray.....

• Like 9

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

In all honesty I feel JDT has not given him a fair shake, not at all.  Is it a ploy by JDT to assert authority, bit like taking out the biggest in a group of bullies.  I really feel for Brad as if one ACL in his prime was not bad enough but two, it's a damn shame for both club and player.  I would love for it to work out but I think this marriage is irretrievably broken.

Remember mclaren dropping Beckham to assert his authority. He recalled him after things went pair shaped 

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It looks as if ‘the club’ want to move away from Dack, so for Chaddy that  unquestionably makes it the right decision. That’s literally it, so not sure why folk are attempting to debate him on it day after day…

never has his own opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigUts said:

he wouldnt do worse - my opinion. 

2 hours ago, BigUts said:

Gally has stepped up a level this year, most definitely. We would have to change the way we play - if this high press genuinely materialises - but Dack has scored them types of goals for years, and would carry on doing so if given the opportunity. He's also terrific on the counter because his range of passing and off the ball movement is up there with the best in the league

This isn't me saying drop Gallagher or anything but I do think Dack has a role to play, especially when chasing a goal

The calls to hang him out to dry and sell him ASAP are premature. Quite where that has come from is anybodies idea. Last year under Mowbray we were crying out for Dack to return to fitness, in fact hinging our promotion push on his immediate return. All of a sudden a slight whiff of discontent between him and JDT suddenly means he will never possibly return to his former self, is unable to adapt his game, unfit and not suitable for us anymore

Makes no sense to me. When we are chasing a game and the choice is between Vale and Dack I know who I pick every single time

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Gally has stepped up a level this year, most definitely. We would have to change the way we play - if this high press genuinely materialises - but Dack has scored them types of goals for years, and would carry on doing so if given the opportunity. He's also terrific on the counter because his range of passing and off the ball movement is up there with the best in the league

This isn't me saying drop Gallagher or anything but I do think Dack has a role to play, especially when chasing a goal

The calls to hang him out to dry and sell him ASAP are premature. Quite where that has come from is anybodies idea. Last year under Mowbray we were crying out for Dack to return to fitness, in fact hinging our promotion push on his immediate return. All of a sudden a slight whiff of discontent between him and JDT suddenly means he will never possibly return to his former self, is unable to adapt his game, unfit and not suitable for us anymore

Makes no sense to me. When we are chasing a game and the choice is between Vale and Dack I know who I pick every single time

100% agree on the Vale vs. Dack point. Vale is miles off the pace and Dack would at least give us a scoring chance. Dack would be a great bench player to have about the squad IMO, but I guess he won't want that and JDT, Broughton et al. may think having a player on the books who is earning big bucks in relative terms being a bench player isn't sustainable (which I would agree with).

• Like 5

I think JDTs thinking is that you change the player to fit the team, not the other way round.

Dacky is and always will be a brilliant talent but does he fit the team as currently set up?

Having chosen the strategy you have to get the supporting tactics aligned "get all the wood behind the arrow head".  Team selection will be with the intention of giving the strategy the best possible chance of succeeding.

As good as Dacky is I'm not sure how he fits this new way of playing. With TM it didn't matter, play was always a purposeless free for all so flair stood out and was valuable.

JDT is a different beast. HE has a plan. Everything is aligned to achieve that plan, transfers, academy, team selection, the lot.

There'd be nothing better than to see Dacky tearing up the pitch in our colours and scoring for fun but it ain't going to happen with our current strategy and that's not going to change.

I think his time here is over. Hail fellow, well met, thanks for the memories but I think his time here is over.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

26% out of a possible 100% is definitely barely playing at all.

Agree we shouldn't be writing Dack off and that he would offer something different - particularly in games when we go behind and need to prise open a deep-lying defence.

However- tbf to Chaddy - I don't agree with you that playing 26% of the time is 'barely playing'. That works out at 23 mins per game. That's nearly as much as Griezemann is playing at Athletico 😉 (and, yes, I do know the reasons for that 🙂)