BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

7 minutes ago, booth said:

On BBD, the problem was at the time we needed a new defence and Mowbray decided to spaff all the money away on a 19 year old who wasn't ready. That's what caused a lot of fans to be pissed off and rightly so. At the time the club and Mowbray were still saying the priority was promotion to the Premier League so that didn't help temper expectations. Brereton was unfortunately caught up in this even though he wasn't to blame. He always tried even if he did sometimes resemble a one legged painter and decorator who'd been drafted in last minute in a charity game.

One thing Brereton always had was enthusiasm and 100% effort which I don't see from Vale and Hirst. Hirst looks terrified out there. Vale seems too laid back.

It's highly frustrating that now Brereton has come of age, and become quite a player that he's going to go elsewhere.

Gave you a like for the first part, but Brereton didn't always try. I distinctly remember there was a game he came on as sub and his running was terrible. I watched him barely break past a stroll chasing a pass across the back 4. A minute or so later, ageing Danny Graham, who had been on the pitch all game, chased a pass across the defence with far more vigour.

2 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The manager.

Dack is out of favor.  The new regime clearly wants to build a young side with room to grow.  Dack doesn't fit the mold. It's too bad as he's been wonderful for the club and I still believe is one of our top 3 players most likely to score.  But this "project" seems to be moving in a different direction.  A January move is probably best for everyone involved at this point. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, Realistic Rover said:

All managers have preferences on player profiles based on their style of play. Bradley Dack isn’t what he was. 

Get. Over. It.

Who says he is? He’s barely had any game time. Why are you so keen to get over a player that has been absolutely vital to us since he’s been here?

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Gave you a like for the first part, but Brereton didn't always try. I distinctly remember there was a game he came on as sub and his running was terrible. I watched him barely break past a stroll chasing a pass across the back 4. A minute or so later, ageing Danny Graham, who had been on the pitch all game, chased a pass across the defence with far more vigour.

I just remember him running around aimlessly like an over enthusiastic dog and thinking, wtf have we signed? Is he actually a footballer? Is this the final insult by Venkys to try and find the worst footballer in the world.

A year later we signed Gallagher for £5m and then there were two.

I'm glad both of them have improved over the last year or so as they are both likeable lads.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Just opinions mate. If you don’t like them then Scroll on…similarly if you’d prefer to watch a team every other week whilst spending the rest of your time doing whatever it is that you do and believe that your view on the ability of players and team is better than those of the people who are employed as professionals in the sport and work with the lads day in day out…then feel free crack on with that too 👍🏼

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

He’s barely had any game time. Why are you so keen to get over a player that has been absolutely vital to us since he’s been here?

Barely? 389 Championship minutes he played is that now barely? 

We owe him nothing. We gave him a new contract after 1st ACL injury dont forget that. If he isn't wanted JDT then we should get rid. Given his lack of game time recently would suggest he is squad player at best

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We owe him nothing. We gave him a new contract after 1st ACL injury dont forget that. If he isn't wanted JDT then we should get rid. Given his lack of game time recently would suggest he is squad player at best

Well yeah, considering we’ve had 17 league games so far, I’d say that’s not many minutes out of a possible 1530.

Just because JDT has seemingly given up on him, doesn’t mean it’s automatically the right thing to do. 
It’s sad that someone as pro the club as you is so quick to write off one of our best players from the last few seasons. Particularly when so keen to hype up Vale and Hirst, who could only dream of contributing to the club what Dack has, based on their showings so far.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where's that famous chaddy positivity? 

• Like 3

Obviously copying the view of what is actually being done to ensure that every decision made by the club is correct.

Not sure why it comes down to anyone owing anybody else. Many seemingly share the view that Dack is a big asset and better than some of the alternatives we have, if so it is in everyones benefit to not jettison him.

57 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Well yeah, considering we’ve had 17 league games so far, I’d say that’s not many minutes out of a possible 1530.

It's about 26% which I would say isn't barely in my opinion. 

57 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Just because JDT has seemingly given up on him, doesn’t mean it’s automatically the right thing to do. 
It’s sad that someone as pro the club as you is so quick to write off one of our best players from the last few seasons. Particularly when so keen to hype up Vale and Hirst, who could only dream of contributing to the club what Dack has, based on their showings so far.

One of our best players from the last seasons? He barely played due to 2 ACL injuries.

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Obviously copying the view of what is actually being done to ensure that every decision made by the club is correct.

Not sure why it comes down to anyone owing anybody else. Many seemingly share the view that Dack is a big asset and better than some of the alternatives we have, if so it is in everyones benefit to not jettison him.

Dack was big asset nearly 3 years ago. Is he now? Very debatable I would say. 

No not copying anything but realising that the team is moving on where Dack isn't key player anymore 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It’s not ideal, but a few groans or frustrated comments about getting him off are part and parcel of being in a crowd.

My bet would be that BBD never heard any of them….

Yeah I agree that it’s part and parcel of being in a crowd. He was rock bottom in terms of confidence though and those groans would have affected him more than most. He definitely didn’t hear the groans during lockdown anyway. 
I work with your mate Elliot and he agreed with what I said.

We need to move on from Dack as fans and as a club. We simply can't afford to keep any expensive player if they don't fit the current style of play. He's about to turn 29, had TWO cruciate knee injuries and has barely played football.

I doubt any club would trigger an extension clause on his current wages so there really is no choice. The manager wants mobile players that can play high intensity football. Any big earners will need to be crucial to his style of play and Bradley isn't. If we can get a fee for him it would be very sensible business.

Nonetheless whilst he is still our player I'd like to see him treated with respect and not be forced to come on in stoppage time, particularly if he's not part of a squad rotation. I do feel he could be used more but even that's becoming a difficult argument given our league position without him. If he's getting minutes it should be a reasonable amount or none at all, he is good enough to play at least 30 minutes in a lot of fixtures.

• Like 1

He might be some people first choice as a sub but he isn't JDT. I don't see him playing any part unless we want to play with number 10. So we need to change the Formation for one player cos he can't play in the 3 centre midfield and isn't a striker either. 

Is JDT wrong for not playing him? Well looking at Championship table he doesn't look like he is. 

JDT has adapted how he wanted to play as he has said and his preferred formation is 4-2-3-1 but he feels we are better playing 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 cos it gives us a better solid base

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. It's just over 4 full games worth. You've told us all, repeatedly, not to dismiss players and managers based on more games than that, why is it enough to decide our former talisman isn't up to it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yes. It's just over 4 full games worth. You've told us all, repeatedly, not to dismiss players and managers based on more games than that, why is it enough to decide our former talisman isn't up to it?

Based a number of different things already posted on the forum. Plus like I said last week far too focus on Dack again from fans. 

Plus it's 4 games ago some people had great concerns about JDT. 3 wins in a row people opinion has changed very quickly. My opinion on JDT never changed on him. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Based a number of different things already posted on the forum. Plus like I said last week far too focus on Dack again from fans. 

Plus it's 4 games ago some people had great concerns about JDT. 3 wins in a row people opinion has changed very quickly. My opinion on JDT never changed on him. 

A number of things being posted on the forum doesn't usually alter your view. Fans focussing 'too much' on Dack is absolutely and utterly inconsequential to whether he is good enough. Your last point proves my point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not even that he's better. He just offers something different.