BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

I don't care if we haven't got a pot to piss in. I couldn't care less what rabbits we have pulled out of the hat in previous years. I have no interest whatsoever in who else is after players who may or may not be on our radar.

All I care about is that somehow, the 'management team' down the hill from me at Ewood, use their connections and inside knowledge of the game to address the problems that the current side clearly has. If they do that, I will be satisfied. If they don't, I won't be surprised. If they panic and just stuff any old guff into the obvious holes in the Rovers' proposition, I may lose my tiny tiny mind.

Come along, gentlemen. Time for a good old fashioned rabbit out of the hat 😉

COYB! COJDT! COB!

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Personally I'd like to take the gamble on Cantwell - but it looks like we've been priced out.

I'm with you on that. He looked some player when he broke through but has lost his way over the last season or so. Shades of Tom Cairney for me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Swanson said:

I mentioned Håkon Evjen as a possible target earlier in the window, he has today joined danish side Brøndby.

Keep em coming Mr Swanson! We need all the eyes we can get on what might be possible 🙂 

30 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Keep em coming Mr Swanson! We need all the eyes we can get on what might be possible 🙂 

Hehe😄 I saw some of my fellow norwegians mentioned Jens Petter Hauge as a possible target. His loan from Frankfurt to Gent is set to be terminated. Would be a great addition here. But I see today that he is linked to Schalke 04. 

This suggestion is mainly based on the Broughton connection to Bodø/Glimt and nothing else.

But he seems to be off to Groningen now...

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

So, if I have this right...he was recalled from a League Two team on 37 points so he could be sent out to a League Two team on 37 points.

He's 24 so I think this one can be filed under 'deals that turned out to be just as pointless as they looked when we made them'.

Doncaster play more tippy tappy at the back so a change of school needed to add value.

Or some shite like that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Hehe😄 I saw some of my fellow norwegians mentioned Jens Petter Hauge as a possible target. His loan from Frankfurt to Gent is set to be terminated. Would be a great addition here. But I see today that he is linked to Schalke 04. 

This suggestion is mainly based on the Broughton connection to Bodø/Glimt and nothing else.

Close control an ability to run with the ball is very much Like Rothwell but with end product 

Edited by AJW

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Very similar to MGP in his pomp! We could do with another Morten Gamst! Surely the lure of Blackburn's lovely boulevards lined with gold have a greater pull than Groningen..? Surely? (Ok, so we had to rename Johnston St, 'Landfill Lane' and the Boulevard has been repurposed as a SME graveyard..but still).

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

@JoeH did you imply at one point that Porteous would not be a particularly good signing and is very slow? And is this based on data or watching him?

I'm not a fan of Porteous to Rovers based on what he is and what we're trying to do in games. That's based on seeing him plenty of times. I can see why a 23 year old who's contract is expiring has potential ROI value however. 

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I'm not a fan of Porteous to Rovers based on what he is and what we're trying to do in games. That's based on seeing him plenty of times. I can see why a 23 year old who's contract is expiring has potential ROI value however. 

What is he and what are we trying to do? What do you not like about him? I dont recall seeing him so what type of defender is he and where would you rank him in the pecking order of Hyam, Ayala, Wharton and Phillips?

Doubt its based on ROI, we prefer to let assets run their contracts down.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

Surely jdt should be using his connections in Scandinavia to bring players in. I can't see them costing a fortune the only stumbling block might be work permits. We aren't linked with any. Even on loan surely he must know a few wonder kids out there. Similar to when nuno went to wolves and the Portuguese revolution began. I'm not saying we are anywhere near wolves or have their backing by the way. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Ooo aye yeah. What this is meant to say is that we wait for other clubs to come in and out bid us - just like what will happen with the hibs lad.

0190953D-01B6-4685-A634-DCCBD03A56A2.png

Pretty much! With teams like Udinese interested, our chances of landing Porteous are close to zero i'd assume.

This part I found interesting;

"Leeds United attacker Joe Gelhardt is a live target, although it is understood that he isn’t currently the No.1 option, with other deals in the works which have so far remained under the radar."

We'll drag our feet with Gelhardt, and miss out on him... great.

I wonder who this "No.1 option" could be? Considering George Hirst was previously that, my expectations are low... let's just hope they get it right this time.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Pretty much! With teams like Udinese interested, our chances of landing Porteous are close to zero i'd assume.

This part I found interesting;

"Leeds United attacker Joe Gelhardt is a live target, although it is understood that he isn’t currently the No.1 option, with other deals in the works which have so far remained under the radar."

We'll drag our feet with Gelhardt, and miss out on him... great.

I wonder who this "No.1 option" could be? Considering George Hirst was previously that, my expectations are low... let's just hope they get it right this time.

I think that’s possibly an excuse if we miss out on Gelhardt which will possibly be the case hearing now Sheff United are interested. 

Remember, even PNE have got in 2 Strikers, albeit loans,  within days of each other…That’s a  club at the moment which is in freefall with their owners…

I gurantee who we bring in won’t be any better than Delap.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1