BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nice and Sevilla bid 8.4 million and Fulham made a bid of 6 mil with 4 mil in add ons. 

Everton didn't make a bid from what we know

Look at this

Deniz Undav Skills, Goals & Assists | HD - YouTube 

Deniz Undav 🔴🟡 Welcome To Galatasaray Golleri Yetenekleri Goals Skills and More Union Saint Gilloise - YouTube

We do have a head of European scout at the club in Luke Griffin. 

You mean some losers have made a video welcoming Undav to galatasaray before he’s even signed for them?

means nothing. Like changing a Wikipedia page 

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Everyone seems to be after him -  for as good as they think he is you'd think he'd give JRC a torrid game. Don't see it myself, he's hardly young either at 23. 

I wasn't impressed today. Adebayo at Luton is ten times the player.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just saying like it is. Nobody can lose you a game quicker than your keeper.  He needs to get his act together.

There have been far worse culprits than Kaminski this season. He is so exposed by our defence and midfield. I can forgive him a couple of mistakes when there are bigger areas of concern.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Thought someone on here said we’d more or less got Porteous over the line? Suppose that means nothing until they’ve actually signed. Watford could easily out bid us salary wise so yeah most likely he’ll be going there.

I always take any supposed ITK titbits with a giant pinch of salt, and Porteous has a game prior to signing for anyone so I am unconvinced. We know that we have a bid in so lets hope that Watford's "interest" doesn't firm up.

Dan Butterworth has 2 goals in 16 games for Port Vale. Vale couldnt score goals in the Conference last season. An under funded squad with the owners refusing to allow reinvestment of potential sales means that we have to rely too much on the academy at times to fill the numbers. In successive seasons whereby we have started well, the fact that both have had the amount of minutes that they have and that we are comparing who is the least ineffective is telling.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Everyone seems to be after him -  for as good as they think he is you'd think he'd give JRC a torrid game. Don't see it myself, he's hardly young either at 23. 

He’s always their best player every time I see them play. Probably pricey and unrealistic though, but plays on the left and would be a good replacement for BBD in my view. 

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Porteous is expected to play in the Edinburgh derby cup match tomorrow so maybe I can get a chance to see him play.

Why play him in that game? Bids in, manager already said he's probably leaving so why play him ..if he gets a big injury then transfer is over

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

He’s always their best player every time I see them play. Probably pricey and unrealistic though, but plays on the left and would be a good replacement for BBD in my view. 

Even Brereton-Diaz in his current atrocious form would give JRC nightmares - he's a very, very poor athlete for this level.

I'm sure Semeyno will get his move shortly, but as someone else on here very succinctly put it - he fits a 'type' of player that PL teams look for. He's been given the green tick by scouts / data analysts despite not actually producing a great deal (he has 16 Championship goals at 23 years old). 

42 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Thought someone on here said we’d more or less got Porteous over the line? Suppose that means nothing until they’ve actually signed. Watford could easily out bid us salary wise so yeah most likely he’ll be going there.

They're never over the line until they're holding up the shirt. Just ask Roy Keane.

• Like 3

Quite relaxed about our (lack of)transfer activity so far.

The majority of transfers for any club don’t work out unless they go into a specific scheme or role. Some players are upgrades on others but still don’t maximise potential unless used correctly. To really add value you need the right players used in the right way. So I’d rather take time and get the right player than rush into something that isn’t right to appease us impatient supporters, and of course would rather permanent additions over loans. 

Given that we won’t go down and won’t make automatic places, and even if we do make the play offs it’s still only a 25% chance we can afford to be picky. 

For the same reason I’ve patience around the Head coach. We clearly don’t have the players for his preferred system at present and haven’t as a club had a defined way of playing or recruitment strategy (like Brentford or Brighton) so feel the time to judge him is when we do. 

Hopefully we do get a signing over the line shortly to give us all something more to talk about and maybe a little optimism, but more than that I hope whoever it is, is given appropriate opportunity and turns out to be the right signing. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Underground, Roverground said:

We clearly don’t have the players for his preferred system at present

It should worry you that he continues to try it then.  A good manager adapts to the players he has.

You talk like we will be waltzing in and around the promotion/play offs for the coming seasons regardless.....for me, we need to push the button whilst 4th and with BBD at the club.  JDT lacks balls and wants a nice easy 3 years here without much pressure.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1