BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

14 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Think Ayala will only miss the cup match? Also hope Hyams a quick healer. Hardly ever injured so never know. I also think the Watford fans have as much idea as we do about what's going on!

Just a thought, maybe Rovers looking at 2 strikers in Geldhart and Undav,, as Geldhart to Wigan not as done as assumed? 

Sorry Bank End, just seen your previous post with the same idea ! Maybe if Porteus not coming theyve had a change of heart over another defender this windiw

14 hours ago, J*B said:

They only adapt if they think they need immediate success. Said it before, I’ll say it again… I’m convinced this season is an entire write off, the only aim is GB and JDT  work out who they want to get rid of. 

And expect fans to pay £430+ to fund this write off. Didn’t tell us that in July did they.

Also with all this talk of ‘the project’ recently, do we really think Dack wasn’t fit enough early season? Or more likely JDT and GB thought he was stopping ‘development’ of our own.

Its only when it became so glaringly obvious to them he was still our best footballer did they then backtrack.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Not heard anything on any midfielders….I hope we’re looking in that department.

We should be. Trouble is, we seem to have to guarantee one of the starting spots to Morton. So I'm not sure bringing in someone for the other position, when we have several options already being paid a wage, will be a priority for whatever limited ("healthy"?!) budget we have.

For me, I'd be looking for a replacement for Morton who is good enough for the first team but not obliged to be picked, whatever their performance.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And expect fans to pay £430+ to fund this write off. Didn’t tell us that in July did they.

Also with all this talk of ‘the project’ recently, do we really think Dack wasn’t fit enough early season? Or more likely JDT and GB thought he was stopping ‘development’ of our own.

Its only when it became so glaringly obvious to them he was still our best footballer did they backtracked.

I think they were honest with us about it, personally.

Ues he was fit enough to play football but was he fit/mobile enough for what JDT wants him to do?

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

The one big positive is jdt is giving youngsters  chance unlike Mowbray 

He has no option, the squad is cut to the bone and many of those  young players are not ready for Championship football.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The powers of the forums -  We have 3 answers which is where we started lol

Udinese/Watford have the same owners so if he ends up at either of them he may well be shipped out to the other on loan. Probably depends on whose books will accommodate him the easiest without breaking any financial rules! 

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Udinese/Watford have the same owners so if he ends up at either of them he may well be shipped out to the other on loan. Probably depends on whose books will accommodate him the easiest without breaking any financial rules! 

Oh yeah, for sure, he'll be going to Watford, via Udinese.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

*Entry point £430 for any new/returning fans. Up to £530 in the Jack Walker. Dear do to watch this development football lark…

Spot on.

I don't mind paying for entertaining and exciting football, feeling we are going somewhere.

Will not pay for the dross we are served up and the feeling that that lot out on the grass don't care as much as they should, all ring fenced by, IMO, incessant bullsh1t from first Mowbray and now JDT.

Unbelievable we haven't made a single signing yet - other clubs have.

IMO, the whole management structure needs feckin sacking.

• Like 2

Interesting reading some fan opinions about this new goalkeeper. Using translations it sounds like he’s very much a ‘sweeper keeper’ and good with his feet. Although I’m sure Benson will soon get that out of him.

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Spot on.

I don't mind paying for entertaining and exciting football, feeling we are going somewhere.

Will not pay for the dross we are served up and the feeling that that lot out on the grass don't care as much as they should, all ring fenced by, IMO, incessant bullsh1t from first Mowbray and now JDT.

Unbelievable we haven't made a single signing yet - other clubs have.

IMO, the whole management structure needs feckin sacking.

Can’t have had many season tickets at Rovers then Merce! We haven’t played attacking football for as long as I can remember. 

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Mowbray didn’t play academy grads’, Another re-writing of history. Yes, we are glad he’s gone, but come on.

He would throw them in when they were in their early 20s. He'd Loan them out to every Tom dick and Harry first. Jdt is giving debuts to 17 18 year olds. Could you imagine Mowbray throwing in Wharton, philips, garrett etc?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Ues he was fit enough to play football but was he fit/mobile enough for what JDT wants him to do?

When we were 2-0 down with 20 minutes left at Luton, or 1-0 down with half an hour left at Wigan, I’m fairly sure he was fit enough to do what JDT should have wanted him to do - salvage something from the game.

But JDT chose to either not put him on (Luton) or give him 7 minutes (Wigan).  I suspect because he’d rather the subs used (Hirst, Buckley or Wharton) did something instead, because that would be beneficial to ‘the project’. Their stubbornness cost us with Dack early season.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He would throw them in when they were in their early 20s. He'd Loan them out to every Tom dick and Harry first. Jdt is giving debuts to 17 18 year olds. Could you imagine Mowbray throwing in Wharton, philips, garrett etc?

Should we be throwing in a load of 17/18 year olds?

• Like 1