BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some very insane and over the top reaction again from the same people blaming Rovers for them when again the club we agreed a deal with has withdrawn from it when he was set to come here on loan. Its the second time it happened now but Rovers or GB aren't to blame here again but the club we are negotiating with. Lorient are selling another forward so he stays. 

I am still think we will make minimal of 2 signings before the deadline

You are so chilled out, when in reality we've not got one of our main targets this January 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I've mentioned him numerous times on here - would be an amazing piece of business if we got him.

Again, just setting yourself up for disappointment. Fulham player? Never afford his wages - just daft even imagining we could buy someone like that.  Then when we don't get players like this, we all rage at the recruitment setup. Need to get real here. No money. 

18 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Where do I even start. Long story short, if this continues JDT will be walking and you'll be applauding no one.

Yeah agreed mate, if that's the case then I would walk too - if he's been promised a certain budget and certain players then he has every right to walk. It's happened before. But, as it stands, we don't know that yet do we?

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

You are so chilled out, when in reality we've not got one of our main targets this January 

You have remain calm and chilled out in these situations, panicking and worrying won't achieve anything. We will bring in a number 9 striker by tomorrow deadline day

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Bit unlucky really, with them selling one, they won’t sanction the loan, let’s hope there is another on the list.

I've commented on this in the past, instead of identifying the players we want and going out and getting them, we just scratch about at the 11th hour for whatever scraps are left in the loan market. Therefore we are totally at the mercy of parent Clubs changing their mind at the last minute or selling another player etc It's a complete lottery and an absolute farce. There's zero planning involved, it's sheer luck or otherwise as the case may be.

"Recruitment" my arse.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have remain calm and chilled out in these situations, panicking and worrying won't achieve anything. We will bring in a number 9 striker by tomorrow deadline day

Is that a guarantee? Because if it isn't we've once again thrown away the chance in January to sign the players needed for a play-off push. 

It isn't good enough. 

• Like 3

None of you know what is going on - how can anyone speculate. The reaction is always "deal falls through" = "our club is shit / GB out etc". It's pathetic, there should be an AA moaners anonymous board setup on here for everyone wanting to vent their unreasoned frustration - you need to have evidence you threw your handbag at Jason Wilcox from the riverside to get in.

If we don't sign anyone, agreed I'll eat my hat - but we don't have a clue what is going on behind the scenes. Give me one piece of solid evidence, I mean solid, that JDT is unhappy with the current setup? It's all reading between the lines. He's not daft - would he have really come here knowing what he knows about the Venky's? Surely he did his research. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

How can you say it's laughable? Seriously some of the reactions on this forum are insane. I used to love reading it, it made me feel connected to the club and the fans, but now it just depresses me even more than watching us piss around at the back. Knee jerk to say the least. I get it's frustrating watching us flail around for scraps in the market, our rivals splashing the cash, but what can we do? We can't play football manager like so many want us do.

We live in an age where everything is commented or reported on, how do you know what dealings were going on in the past that went unreported? When we signed the aformentioned Dahlin or Grabbi, or I don't know: Robbie Slater, pick any name - there could have been 4-5 failed deals that went close before a signing was made. It's only because we're hearing about it through mass media that we can actually pass judgement on it. 

The Venky's and upper management are the laughing stock, they deserve our ire - not the manager and the recruitment. FFS one of our lads died in pre-season.

For me their new ownership explains the new year slump under Mowbray and those disastrous 2nd halfs of seasons, and what we're seeing now. Imagine being in that dressing room knowing you need bodies in and the owners are stalling on getting deals done, it breads discontent for me, knowing that players want to leave.

At lot of the criticism Broughton and co are getting is unwarranted - if he came into another club we'd be jealous and saying "they're doing ti right" - he's identified the poor recruitment setup and the contracts - trying to tie people down, he can't do anything about BBD either - he had already gone in his head. What more do we want? For once we actually have a recruitment team and a process, not Tony Mowbray's spreadsheet. It's hard to be a Rovers fan currently but a sense of realism needed.

I also think the way JDT has managed JRC and Dack should be applauded.

In terms of recruitment, no matter what the set up is, it is judged on results. Admittedly there are still two days to go, but at the moment it is looking a disaster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On BBD have the Club's PR Department actually got round to announcing he has signed a pre contract agreement yet or did I miss it?

NOT ITK!  

I was told by a friend of BBD that there was an (seemingly, generous) agreement between BBD, Villarreal and Rovers that his contract agreement would be announced alongside the signing of a forward to try and lighten the fan reaction it. 

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've commented on this in the past, instead of identifying the players we want and going out and getting them, we just scratch about at the 11th hour for whatever scraps are left in the loan market. Therefore we are totally at the mercy of parent Clubs changing their mind at the last minute or selling another player etc It's a complete lottery and an absolute farce. There's zero planning involved, it's sheer luck or otherwise as the case may be.

"Recruitment" my arse.

There is plenty of planning that goes on but they are so many variables that need to happen to make a deal happen and 3 different negotiating positions with any transfers. 

1. Your own budget so you can bring in the right players and how many plans you want. 

2. Negotiating with the club 

3. negotiating with the player and agent. 

Like I said last week, we can complete with certain Championship clubs cos of our wage budget and it will only get worse when the new wage budget rules come in

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Massive massive chance for playoffs and we are yet to sign our priority positions we have 1.5 days left. It's a shambles

Yes everyone knows we got a chance of playoffs but we have been done twice by 2 different clubs now over a number 9 strikers. It isn't a shambles but this is the transfer window and this stuff happens all the time. Have you watched Sky Documentary on transfer window, its a 4 part series and its a fantastic insight in the transfer window and how clubs, agents and players work? Maybe take a watch of it 

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Is that a guarantee? Because if it isn't we've once again thrown away the chance in January to sign the players needed for a play-off push. 

It isn't good enough. 

Its my opinion

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Dembele, although t would be a great signing, I can’t see us going for another winger. Surley the focus now, after the recent news is to get CF over the line - I expect this position to be filled & that’s us for the window.

Underwhelming but was expected…

Dembele can play as a CF, as could BBD if we wanted to use one of those in the middle.

We won't get him though - he'll end up at an actually ambitious club like WBA, Boro, Sheff U, Burnley etc.

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Dembele can play as a CF, as could BBD if we wanted to use one of those in the middle.

We won't get him though - he'll end up at an actually ambitious club like WBA, Boro, Sheff U, Burnley etc.

Ahhhh okay… Szmodics knows him well, maybe he can persuade him? Dembele would be thee signing to make all this stress with it! Haha

Edited by BankEnd Rover

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some very insane and over the top reaction again from the same people blaming Rovers for them when again the club we agreed a deal with has withdrawn from it when he was set to come here on loan. Its the second time it happened now but Rovers or GB aren't to blame here again but the club we are negotiating with. Lorient are selling another forward so he stays. 

I am still think we will make minimal of 2 signings before the deadline

Fair point but looks like OGC Nice were chasing Moffi for a while...maybe we were just used by Lorient to put pressure on Nice?